ADVERTISEMENT

this offense is NOT better with Falk, sorry

Originally posted by chinookpirate:

kid is having a tough night
Agreed. I don't think Halliday would be doing materially better, though. If you think back through the actual play sequences -- or, at least, when I do -- it's hard to imagine Halliday being able to do much differently against this defensive front.

Halliday is 10x the qb Falk is. People go to much off wins and losses and not on how individual players perform. CH was the best qb in the country, period! It was not his fault in the slightest the team wasn't winning. It sure as hell was his fault that they had chances to beat Oregon, Cal and others though.

Halliday demonstrated just how bad a team we truly are. Record breaking numbers, a great PER, and it still wasn't nearly enough.

It is sad, fans are so desperate to find some basis for hope, they Tueled Falk after just one start. You remember, Tuel was once seen as a highly gifted super recruit who was going to be our Messiah and was proof of Wulff's ability to gauge talent and turn the program around.

Originally posted by DaUwillRiseAgain:
Halliday is 10x the qb Falk is. People go to much off wins and losses and not on how individual players perform. CH was the best qb in the country, period! It was not his fault in the slightest the team wasn't winning. It sure as hell was his fault that they had chances to beat Oregon, Cal and others though.
Marcus Mariotta is holding on line 1. He'd like a word with you.

Glad Cougar

While I was among Halliday's biggest critics, the one thing we would have gotten last night with CH is shorter, faster passes and more completions to keep the chains moving and start sapping their defense.

Now we also get fewer long completions, and probably some boneheaded decisions when the play breaks down, but we just could not get it going last night and I have to think LF's style of not getting the ball out for 3-5 seconds (vs 1 or 2) had a lot to do with 4 sacks and 2 INTs. And only 13 points in garbage time.

Halliday was not the best QB in the country and is not 10x the QB that Falk is. Falk is going through some growing pains but he's going to be damn good and will make this offense more efficient than Connor did, no question. I just don't know if this offense can produce wins consistently. There's got to be a running game when the defense continue to drop everyone into coverage.

He deserves his own learning curve. I'm betting it will be a short one, and he'll be looking good in 2015

HUH?? Best QB in the country??

So you're predicting he'll go #1 of all the QBs in the draft? Make sure you start contacting all the GMs to educate them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT