ADVERTISEMENT

Thread for fight updates only?

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
Can we use this thread for mentioning/linking actual updates on the fight situation, and only that? I keep running around the internet looking for tidbits - nothing new in the last couple of days. Be nice to come to this spot for info, and provide my own as I stumble across it.

I read somewhere (Brand Y?) that players had already been dismissed from the team. Frankly, that would not surprise me at all. Any factual info?

Can we use this thread for mentioning/linking actual updates on the fight situation, and only that? I keep running around the internet looking for tidbits - nothing new in the last couple of days. Be nice to come to this spot for info, and provide my own as I stumble across it.

I read somewhere (Brand Y?) that players had already been dismissed from the team. Frankly, that would not surprise me at all. Any factual info?

Actually I would be shocked to hear that players had been dismissed from the team AT THIS POINT.

Suspended, pending outcome of investigation. Sure.

Dismissed outright? Before any formal investigation complete? That would surprise me.

Is there another team outside of WSU where more than 90% of the troublemaking is around players getting into parties and then getting rowdy with the hosts (or doing the same when they're not allowed in)?

Other than the odd Walmart theft and cross-state fistfight, it seems that's all our guys do is show up to parties and go hammer. Sew that up CML and you're out of problems...

I love our guys but I do wish they would just let Floyd Mayweather loose on some of these idiots if they want to start throwing drunk crosses.

Somehow the coaching staff needs to talk to these guys about probable situations like this. They also need to talk about the possible ramifications of going to parties intoxicated and beating the crap out of people.They should have talks with new players immediately upon their arrival on campus. Will that work? who knows but i will guess that it has never happened, but needs to be tried.

You really don't think they do?

Fortunately, we haven't had recent examples to throw at newcomers so they probably weren't paying attention while they were being told. Depending on the results of the investigation, they are going to have specific examples of the ramifications of losing their cool in public.

Fortunately, we haven't had recent examples to throw at newcomers so they probably weren't paying attention while they were being told. Depending on the results of the investigation, they are going to have specific examples of the ramifications of losing their cool in public.
OR, not even that but we need to remember the initial reason for the confrontation. If it holds true, the players were throwing firecrackers into a crowd. Not cool. They were asked to stop and they didn't. They continued. Regardless of anything else, why be a punk? So IMHO, it sure seems like they were trying to pick a fight. THIS could be an issue if proven true.

OR, not even that but we need to remember the initial reason for the confrontation. If it holds true, the players were throwing firecrackers into a crowd. Not cool. They were asked to stop and they didn't. They continued. Regardless of anything else, why be a punk? So IMHO, it sure seems like they were trying to pick a fight. THIS could be an issue if proven true.

I know you qualified your statements by saying "if it holds true" and "if proven true", about the throwing of firecrackers.

All I can say, hopefully without crossing the boundary of what is paid info from another site, is that the whole "players throwing firecrackers" thing was supposedly NOT the case, based on "multiple reliable sources".

Again, apologies if this in any way infringes on "paid protected info" from any other site. NOT my intention.

My intention is to try and maybe clarify and head off this line of thinking - that the players were being "uncool" and "acting like punks or picking fights" because of the fireworks thing. When, according to "multiple reliable sources" (not mine, of course), they were supposedly NOT.

The PPD is doing their investigation as carefully as they can. I think it behooves us to try and avoid jumping to conclusions before the results of that investigation is complete.

Reactions: Coug95man2
I know you qualified your statements by saying "if it holds true" and "if proven true", about the throwing of firecrackers.

All I can say, hopefully without crossing the boundary of what is paid info from another site, is that the whole "players throwing firecrackers" thing was supposedly NOT the case, based on "multiple reliable sources".

Again, apologies if this in any way infringes on "paid protected info" from any other site. NOT my intention.

My intention is to try and maybe clarify and head off this line of thinking - that the players were being "uncool" and "acting like punks or picking fights" because of the fireworks thing. When, according to "multiple reliable sources" (not mine, of course), they were supposedly NOT.

The PPD is doing their investigation as carefully as they can. I think it behooves us to try and avoid jumping to conclusions before the results of that investigation is complete.
Thanks for the clarity, Wasichus!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT