ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA is garbage again

MRICoug

Team Captain
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2014
they have bad defense. Their O is schizophrenic. First game and on the road, but I am not impressed so far.

Reactions: earldacoug
So soft. DL getting worked, OL can't block longer than a tenth of a second. Secondary and LBs afraid to tackle

I really don’t like fucla. Only hate udump more.

In ‘88 we showed up on Friday for the game after driving straight through from Pullman. Napped then hit the fucla bars. None of the students we spoke to were going to the game Saturday. Most didn’t know who they were playing. They were number one in the country. That place is pathetic. Say what you want about USC but at least their students are passionate.

Really nice start for the PAC12.
Games like this are killer for getting a team into the playoffs.
Better see something out of Oregon this weekend, and Utah needs to beat BYU

Bad break for UCLA and pac12 refs strike again.

He was NOT down.

Replay didn’t show his knee, I thought he was down and refs made a good call. UCLA looks mediocre at best. We should roll them like a greasy taquito.

After that game a couple years ago where they were headhunting Falk, I’ll be fine if they never win another game.
Eh Moras not there anymore. Different coach different players same uni. I got no beef with UCLA. Amazing how they can suck for so long though. I remember watching those USC UCLA games as a kid and it was often winner to the Rose Bowl.

Reactions: walzuu
I have no idea how good BYU is, but Utah looks really impressive. Moss is a beast, D solid as usual, and Huntley looks much better. They are going to be a handful

Huntley has looked like poop. 2 pick 6s by Utah and a fumble by BYU set up another td. As expected, D is good, Moss is good.

UCLA is sloppy, but I’m not going to close the book on them just yet. Cincinnati is a very good team, and that was a tough road trip.

UCLA has a QB problem right now, and it’s distorting their identity. Their skill players looked good, and they had guys open all over the field, but their QB can’t execute basic passes. If that doesn’t change, they’re in a world of hurt.

I thought Utah looked great. Tough rivalry game on the road, and they ran thru and wore down BYU. With Huntley and that thunder and lightning combo at RB, they’re going to be a tough team to beat; especially in Salt Lake.

Utah looks just like last year. Very good on D. Good, grinding run game. Not much through the air. Two defensive scores make this game look better. If the BYU QB doesn't force a couple throws, it's 16-12 right now.

Also worth noting - week 2 opponent Northern Colorado lost to San Jose State 35-18. Box score is not impressive.

Eh Moras not there anymore. Different coach different players same uni. I got no beef with UCLA. Amazing how they can suck for so long though. I remember watching those USC UCLA games as a kid and it was often winner to the Rose Bowl.
They haven't been consistently good since Donohue, or even had a really good year since Toledo

Huntley still is a liability in his execution. Stop Moss and the force Huntley to make mistakes.
I'm glad Utah is still mediocre in the pass game. Our corners figure to be our weakness. Houston will be the first game we'll be able to see what we've really got

Reactions: GrayOnGray
UCLA is a basketball school. Their new hire is a tough guy. They'll be a tough out.

They don't care about football at all.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
UCLA is a basketball school. Their new hire is a tough guy. They'll be a tough out.

They don't care about football at all.

The competition is weaker in the PAC 12, making the path to the title game easier. He should've taken the Florida job and just won big games to get there.

Huntley still is a liability in his execution. Stop Moss and the force Huntley to make mistakes.
Easier said than done. We’ve been saying that about Browning/Gaskin too the last few years...Utah offensively is built a lot like UW. Big grabby OLine, tough fast RB that runs straight ahead, fly sweep action that freezes the backers, and a passing game built off of play action with an athletic QB. It’s not an offense that will run up the score, it’s an offense that’s efficient, gets first downs, wears you down, and keeps your offense off the field and out of rythm. They are going to be a bitch to beat in Utah. They physically kicked BYUs ass, not sure what game some of you were watching.

UCLA is sloppy, but I’m not going to close the book on them just yet. Cincinnati is a very good team, and that was a tough road trip.

UCLA has a QB problem right now, and it’s distorting their identity. Their skill players looked good, and they had guys open all over the field, but their QB can’t execute basic passes. If that doesn’t change, they’re in a world of hurt.

I agree, this is game 1, they are playing an ass ton of young fr/so level players, they may get better as the year goes on, luckily we get them fairly early.

Now if the QB play stays this off then they really are in trouble for this year, Chip has his work cut out, his O isn't unique anymore, teams practice against similar schemes all the time now.

I know Whittingham is a really good coach, but Utah, and maybe more him, still bugs me, I swear he would rather win a game by 4 then blow a team out by 20. What I mean is he coaches so conservatively his teams are always in it, but when they get any type of lead they play to protect rather than to put their foot on the throat of their opponent. This is why I really don't feel they are any threat to make the playoff (as some think) because being conservative with a small lead will cost them a game or two this year. Pete Carroll suffers from this same affliction for the Hawks, and its annoying. Get 'em down, then curb stomp there ass.

The competition is weaker in the PAC 12, making the path to the title game easier. He should've taken the Florida job and just won big games to get there.

Except he would not be able to win in the SEC with UF roster prior to this season. Less than 6 wins is a definite firing there regardless of circumstances. I will say the UF QB would fit his system though.

Except he would not be able to win in the SEC with UF roster prior to this season. Less than 6 wins is a definite firing there regardless of circumstances. I will say the UF QB would fit his system though.

He has access to any style of personnel he wants in Florida. Literally would never need to leave the state. He also has the brand of the school backing him up.

Southern California is similar. He has access to any style of personnel he wants/needs there. What he doesn't have is a brand that can beat top 10 schools for high end talent.

He has access to any style of personnel he wants in Florida. Literally would never need to leave the state. He also has the brand of the school backing him up.

Southern California is similar. He has access to any style of personnel he wants/needs there. What he doesn't have is a brand that can beat top 10 schools for high end talent.

I know what you are saying, but he would have been fired last year. New system or not you still have to beat who you play in Gainesville. Hurry up is no longer new, and the weekly D his O would face would have meant a 3-4 win team which is grounds for termination there. Heck you have people calling for Mullens job this week and he won!

The Bearcats are pretty good and the Bruins were missing a lot of people, essentially leaning on a wide receiver at running back. I think Cincy was fortunate to play them this week.

Easier said than done. We’ve been saying that about Browning/Gaskin too the last few years...Utah offensively is built a lot like UW. Big grabby OLine, tough fast RB that runs straight ahead, fly sweep action that freezes the backers, and a passing game built off of play action with an athletic QB. It’s not an offense that will run up the score, it’s an offense that’s efficient, gets first downs, wears you down, and keeps your offense off the field and out of rythm. They are going to be a bitch to beat in Utah. They physically kicked BYUs ass, not sure what game some of you were watching.

Four in a row...

The Bearcats are pretty good and the Bruins were missing a lot of people, essentially leaning on a wide receiver at running back. I think Cincy was fortunate to play them this week.

UCLA needed the smartest man in the universe to help their defense...obviously.

I know what you are saying, but he would have been fired last year. New system or not you still have to beat who you play in Gainesville. Hurry up is no longer new, and the weekly D his O would face would have meant a 3-4 win team which is grounds for termination there. Heck you have people calling for Mullens job this week and he won!

He's a smart guy. You're assuming he wouldn't adjust. You're assuming that he couldn't get the talent to run what he wants to run. Where was Nick Foles before CK showed up??? And you're telling me he isn't smart enough to figure out a way to beat Tennessee, Vandy, Mizzou, South Carolina and Kentucky in his own side of the conference???? That ain't murderers row man.

You're wrong on the internet.

Utah has good receivers, but their scheme is focused on Huntley with the read/option and their running backs, as it should be.

The play solid defense and have an effective power offense. You don’t want to play Utah.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT