ADVERTISEMENT

Updates on Val Martin from Iowa Western?

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
This guy would seem to be a nice and necessary addition to the d line.

I think that Misiona A is being used as insurance. WSU has lost out to West Virginia for some top recruits.. I also think that DL Lole will be headed to ASU.So the cougs need bodies at this point.

I think that Misiona A is being used as insurance. WSU has lost out to West Virginia for some top recruits.. I also think that DL Lole will be headed to ASU.So the cougs need bodies at this point.
Still hoping for Martin and Lole. You never know with Lole. Maybe he will cool on what's going on in Tempe.

All the "recruiting gurus" have ASU as being 100 % for Lole. I hope they are wrong. In other news ,John Mc Cartan,coug Dl recruit,just committed to OSU.

Last edited:
I am not sure the ship has sailed on McCartan if the Cougs can get him to take an official visit to Pullman next weekend - unless he is set on being a tight end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tx64
I am not sure the ship has sailed on McCartan if the Cougs can get him to take an official visit to Pullman next weekend unless he is set on being a tight end.

You beat me to it. Did Oregon State recruit him as a tight end? It happens, but I do not understand a kid picking Oregon State over Washington State.

Tx, I agree with you on the surface of it, but personal relationships usually rule that kind of choice. Sometimes a recruiter and a recruit will just "click".

Tx, I agree with you on the surface of it, but personal relationships usually rule that kind of choice. Sometimes a recruiter and a recruit will just "click".

I agree, but where are our recruiters? This is time to close some deals particularly on defensive front people (5.6 and above in rivals and 87.0 and above in another system.)

I agree, but where are our recruiters? This is time to close some deals particularly on defensive front people (5.6 and above in rivals and 87.0 and above in another system.)
I have to think the passing of TH is having an effect on WSU recruiting during crunch time.

I have to think the passing of TH is having an effect on WSU recruiting during crunch time.

I agree. I am just frustrated in not hearing anything about recruiting or a new position coach. I only want the best for the team.

The cougs are now pursuing a juco De/LB type. i will guess that he is fallback because of McCartan s commitment to OSU

The cougs are now pursuing a juco De/LB type. i will guess that he is fallback because of McCartan s commitment to OSU

Or WSU needs immediate help because McCartan is probably 3 years away from playing. WSU was never able to get McCartan on campus. They cancelled their recruiting weekend the weekend he was suppose to visit.

We need d-tackles. I think it will be telling if we can land another one in the next few weeks. We have two commitments because we have holes to fill and a renewed emphasis on recruiting the position.

If we get another commitment, it seems that in the previous years we didn't recruit them charismatically and could have possibly gotten one or more with more effort. Was it the defensive philosophy holding us back?

If we don't get another commitment beyond the two we have, then it seems that the market really is a tough market and WSU is not a high priority destination for d-tackles. That could cause follower to wonder- what isn't right about our recruiting?

We need d-tackles. I think it will be telling if we can land another one in the next few weeks. We have two commitments because we have holes to fill and a renewed emphasis on recruiting the position.

If we get another commitment, it seems that in the previous years we didn't recruit them charismatically and could have possibly gotten one or more with more effort. Was it the defensive philosophy holding us back?

If we don't get another commitment beyond the two we have, then it seems that the market really is a tough market and WSU is not a high priority destination for d-tackles. That could cause follower to wonder- what isn't right about our recruiting?

Keith Millard, Chad Eaton, Leon Bender (RIP), Rein Long and many other Cougs got a chuckle out of that comment. :rolleyes:

Just saw on twitter where he received an offer from NC State. Recruiting news of the positive kind has been slow since the early signing date imo.

Right now the West Virginia board does not show Martin as visiting this week. They also list him as not having any interest in WV at this time.Perhaps NCS has replaced them? it looks like NCS has set up a visit for Martin.So right after they offered,he dumped WV and set up a visit with them. It does not look good for the cougs at this time.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT