ADVERTISEMENT

"We're going to stand for the pledge of...

Rights are a tricky thing, and virtually NO rights are without limits. From the freshmen poly sci example of "yelling fire in a crowded theater" to even a free press....So the discussion is framed correctly--about rights--if that's all everyone wants to talk about.

But it goes far deeper, doesn't it? Kaepernick doesn't know XXXX about history, and likely slept through the one class he took in high school or college. I've heard him try and talk about all sorts of issues--there obviously aren't too many squirrels in the cage behind his millionaire eyes. So does he REALLY intend on sitting forever? Because that is the option he left himself. If a country with a black president, one in which the very complainer is working in an industry where black millionaires are the NORM, if all this makes him think the country is racist....then what could possibly convince him that things have changed???? So the dummy painted himself into a corner, into one that is impossible to extricate himself without proof that is IMPOSSIBLE to arise! So he either sits forever, or makes some sort of "clarification" that is not an apology (but really is) to give himself wiggle room. Right now, the fool is in a sweat box that he himself built! Nice job.

The JW analogy, btw, is not really apt...as they disdain ALL forms of civic government (as well as parties, holidays, etc, etc)
glory, glory, glory, I thought they stopped making fools like you. It's a shame you don't know your a** from a hole in the ground. You're going to look like the fool that you are in regards to Kaepernick's "equality for all" movement. Fighting for equality for all people don't make you anti-american. Anyone with a half a brain knew this time would eventually come. Scums like you with two cells left in their brain was hoping no one would help fix the inequalities that continues to plague African Americans in this country.

Fyi, Kap's teammates have his back, big time players from other sports have his back, and people of all walks of life will have his back when this is all said and done. The only jokers that will not show him support are rich franchise owners and corrupted police departments. Kap is doing this for the good of all americans and he's not hurting your self centered a** by demanding justice and equality for everyone. If you were a decent person or worth a damn you would fight for "equality for all" as well. So instead of talking dumb about Kap you should shut the **** up because you're not worthy of the oxygen you're breathing. I bet your mother regrets she had you now that she realizes that you were wasted sperm. And btw dummy, Kap is donating his first million dollars from his salary for this movement. You have no room to call anyone a dummy let alone Kap. So do us all a favor dummy, talk football and less BS. Now carry on...

CT4L

glory, glory, glory, I thought they stopped making fools like you. It's a shame you don't know your a** from a hole in the ground. You're going to look like the fool that you are in regards to Kaepernick's "equality for all" movement. Fighting for equality for all people don't make you anti-american. Anyone with a half a brain knew this time would eventually come. Scums like you with two cells left in their brain was hoping no one would help fix the inequalities that continues to plague African Americans in this country.

Fyi, Kap's teammates have his back, big time players from other sports have his back, and people of all walks of life will have his back when this is all said and done. The only jokers that will not show him support are rich franchise owners and corrupted police departments. Kap is doing this for the good of all americans and he's not hurting your self centered a** by demanding justice and equality for everyone. If you were a decent person or worth a damn you would fight for "equality for all" as well. So instead of talking dumb about Kap you should shut the **** up because you're not worthy of the oxygen you're breathing. I bet your mother regrets she had you now that she realizes that you were wasted sperm. And btw dummy, Kap is donating his first million dollars from his salary for this movement. You have no room to call anyone a dummy let alone Kap. So do us all a favor dummy, talk football and less BS. Now carry on...

CT4L
The man just used the nuclear option....kaboom!!
1813aqov5wc2jjpg.jpg

Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life

CT4L
What have you done to fight for equality lately? I mean, outside of "bringing awareness", what have you done to affect actual change?

Just wondering, since you can flame someone else on a message board for not doing anything.

Don't disagree with your point, Ed. The stats I would like to hear would be regarding percentages. What percentage of black and white fleeing suspects following a violent crime have had these actions applied to them? I have yet to see any percentage based statistics regarding this.
Actually there is a bigger second part to your question. If the shooting is out of line how many police officers have been reprimanded and lost t
What have you done to fight for equality lately? I mean, outside of "bringing awareness", what have you done to affect actual change?

Just wondering, since you can flame someone else on a message board for not doing anything.

To be honest, not sure change will come unless the right people make a stand, which my guess is not many people buy the police brutality discussion.

I'm just trying to figure out his point. He's saying that ability is why blacks are represented higher in sports. By bringing that up when I'm saying that blacks don't get equal opportunities, the implication is that he feels that blacks are inferior in other areas. If he's got a different point.......I'd like to hear it because I'm not seeing anything else.
Not sure who the "he" is here, but suspect it is me so I will reply. First, not sure if you are in a place to go where the data lead, but if you are, you need to know this: there are no test scores of ANY kind that have all races being equal. None. every kind of test, every possible species of exam, etc. That, in and of itself, is not enough to say that these results come from something "purely" biological, but they are clearly inherent to the population, however socially or biologically induced. They just are.

Now, when idiots like the teachers unions hear that, they simple scream "racism" and do the equivalent of plugging their ears and shouting! That's what this country's education system SUCKS. They are largely afraid of data.

So the better questions concern the "why" are these results so? And, can anything be done to ameliorate them?

But, even in the most liberal of liberals, there is an ending point beyond which "blaming slavery" simply loses all force. Now, for me, we have LONG passed that point. Hence, my point when I said that even though we imprisoned Japanese people only 70 years ago, they long since overcame that and now are WELL above the average of white, non-hispanic and non-asian groups. Why is that? Why have some discriminated groups been so good at assimilation and progress (as determined by rational factors) and others have not? Those are tough questions, but answering them would be helpful in really making for a better society......

Not sure who the "he" is here, but suspect it is me so I will reply. First, not sure if you are in a place to go where the data lead, but if you are, you need to know this: there are no test scores of ANY kind that have all races being equal. None. every kind of test, every possible species of exam, etc. That, in and of itself, is not enough to say that these results come from something "purely" biological, but they are clearly inherent to the population, however socially or biologically induced. They just are.

Now, when idiots like the teachers unions hear that, they simple scream "racism" and do the equivalent of plugging their ears and shouting! That's what this country's education system SUCKS. They are largely afraid of data.

So the better questions concern the "why" are these results so? And, can anything be done to ameliorate them?

But, even in the most liberal of liberals, there is an ending point beyond which "blaming slavery" simply loses all force. Now, for me, we have LONG passed that point. Hence, my point when I said that even though we imprisoned Japanese people only 70 years ago, they long since overcame that and now are WELL above the average of white, non-hispanic and non-asian groups. Why is that? Why have some discriminated groups been so good at assimilation and progress (as determined by rational factors) and others have not? Those are tough questions, but answering them would be helpful in really making for a better society......
So simply say it...tell us the solution. Tell us about the data, and the numbers, and where they point.

I agree that those are the questions to be answered but I think the reason that they haven't been answered is because we aren't ready to accept the answers. Both blacks and whites have some soul searching to do about the reasons for the struggles of young black men in particular and neither group wants to really do it and says that the other group needs to take responsibility. As an engineer in a midwestern, very conservative area, I guarantee that if a black candidate and a white candidate with exactly the same experience, credentials and skill set interviewed for a job with an engineering firm in my area, the white guy would get the job 9 times out of 10 just because of his skin color, and I'm being generous by suggesting that the black guy even has a chance. If they were interviewing a black guy and a korean guy, I'd bet on the Korean guy every time even though odds aren't as stacked. The white establishment generally refuses to give young black people a fair shake. The problem is, with young black people perceiving this, they often don't even try to follow legitimate career paths and a disproportionate number of them end up in crime. We have a chicken or the egg thing going on and neither group is willing to truly confront the issue and fight to change it.

The racism that boils under the surface of our society is very pervasive when you look at gen X and older people. My kids are far more open minded about people of color than I am and I'm enlightened by the standards of the area that I live in. Perhaps in time, people of all colors will be treated equally but in the mean time, while each group points the finger at the other one, things aren't going to change quickly, if at all.
Well, for every one of stories like yours there are dozens (hundreds?) of stories of companies/hiring committees, etc. saying exactly the opposite! If two candidates for a teaching job in the academe are equally qualified (experience, educational background, etc.) but one is white and one is black, the black gets the job. And it's not even close.

So simply say it...tell us the solution. Tell us about the data, and the numbers, and where they point.
Ed, some of your difficulties are due to nurture, others to nature. I don't pretend to know the percentages of why you are so obtuse. But I know it is not my job to educate you in basic social science. Your lack of knowledge is not my problem. Read the stuff yourself. Do your homework, Ed.

CT4L
Your stupidity is only matched by your junior-high like vitriol. "Have his back?" Yeah, right. Like so many people, facts never bother people like you....or you would read how so many college and NFL players (blacks) have already criticized him. Me thinks my criticism hit a little close to home, eh? I think I get you now. I laughed at your childish defense of one cougar DB because, what, he played against your son? Yeah, I get it kid. Your gibberish only makes my point. Thanks.

The man just used the nuclear option....kaboom!!
1813aqov5wc2jjpg.jpg
yeah, I can tell from his post where he's coming from, and nobody gets that defensive unless it hits close to home. Does anyone here seriously, seriously think that kaperdink knows anything about history? We now know he wears "pig socks" to proclaim (I guess that is as articulate as he gets) his disdain of cops. And now he "kneels." What a tool. What's next? Will he genuflect? Wear bow ties to events?

I know who calitrojan is, I have seen him use a different user name before....

Ed, some of your difficulties are due to nurture, others to nature. I don't pretend to know the percentages of why you are so obtuse. But I know it is not my job to educate you in basic social science. Your lack of knowledge is not my problem. Read the stuff yourself. Do your homework, Ed.

Your stupidity is only matched by your junior-high like vitriol. "Have his back?" Yeah, right. Like so many people, facts never bother people like you....or you would read how so many college and NFL players (blacks) have already criticized him. Me thinks my criticism hit a little close to home, eh? I think I get you now. I laughed at your childish defense of one cougar DB because, what, he played against your son? Yeah, I get it kid. Your gibberish only makes my point. Thanks.
So you simply don't have the junk to say it professor. I know my history, I also know that which is outside my bubble. I don't need to go past a third grade education that a black man shot in Charleston in the back unarmed is racially motivated. I do know in the past that event is covered up, and the ONLY reason it isn't now---cell phones. So we can talk about all the data you want, and that data could be easily manipulated. Guess what, one kid shot in the back is one kid too many.

Too much emotion, not enough thought. True for a dumb QB, true for some posters, as well. It is obvious that the QB feels strongly about something. He made no attempt to articulate his issues in advance...at least that I can find. Rather, he chose to do something that would incite a visceral reaction and then try to use his bully pulpit to explain his actions (or lack of action). Sort of like when you don't appreciate something that your wife has done and do something you know will be highly offensive to her as a way of setting up a conversation. This sort of thing simply reinforces the idea that celebrities (regardless of the venue that provided them with celebrity status: sports, music, drama or anything else) have the same general distribution of IQ as the population in general....but have a forum that amplifies their ill-considered actions all out of proportion with any judgment or wisdom that they may bring to the party.

Reactions: Flatlandcoug

Simply put. You're a clueless moron.

CT4L

I know who calitrojan is, I have seen him use a different user name before....
"PGownsWhitney" What's your point?

Btw glory, it would be wise of you to take a more positive stance on this young man's movement. Instead of being a classic spin artist. Here's a section of a Kaepernick article from the USA Today. Enjoy!

"Although Reid and Lane were the only two players that joined Kaepernick Thursday night in refusing to stand for the national anthem, Kaepernick said he’s received growing support from “numbers" of players around the league.

I think there are a lot of conversations happening not only in NFL locker rooms but around the country,’’ Kaepernick said. “I’ve also had friends that aren’t on football teams say, ‘You know, I respect what you’re doing, I support you.

“I’ve had more conversations about human rights and oppression and things that need to change in the last week than I’ve had in my entire life. And the fact that those conversations are happening is a start.’’

Meanwhile, Kaepernick said the protest is sparking important conversations about police brutality, racial inequality and other social issues he said he’s trying to spotlight with his protest."

Hey glory, did it ever occur to you that Kaepernick is trying to do something to make America a better place for everyone? Did that happen to run across your mind?

CT4L

Sure I know. MAybe you can enlighten me how many white suspects have been shot in the back? How many have been shot while being handcuffed? How many have been killed without raising a gun? I think those stats are maybe a little more important.
That doesn't make social media. It's only news if it happens to someone who's black. I GUARANTEE there are plenty of white people who have been involved in similar circumstances (potential questionable judgement by police that led to physical harm). It's simply not news, so we never hear about it.

There's always going to be a few bad apple cops, just as there's bad people in ANY profession (I.e. The Bernie Madoffs of the white collar world). I feel bad for the general population of cops because the few mistakes that are made amongst the thousands of police interactions daily are splattered all over the news in no time and makes the entire profession/country look bad. It's a joke.

I feel bad for the general population of cops because the few mistakes that are made amongst the thousands of police interactions daily are splattered all over the news in no time and makes the entire profession/country look bad. It's a joke.
Totally agree. And Kaepernick has addressed this and believes this "might" be an area to start his movement. He's also mentioned how important it is to fix the in house fighting of peace officers. So let us rid our police departments across America from (every) rogue and unhinged cop before childishly obstructing Kaepernick's "equality for all people" movement. If you're not for equality for all people, you're not for what America actually stands for.

CT4L

Last edited:
That doesn't make social media. It's only news if it happens to someone who's black. I GUARANTEE there are plenty of white people who have been involved in similar circumstances (potential questionable judgement by police that led to physical harm). It's simply not news, so we never hear about it.

There's always going to be a few bad apple cops, just as there's bad people in ANY profession (I.e. The Bernie Madoffs of the white collar world). I feel bad for the general population of cops because the few mistakes that are made amongst the thousands of police interactions daily are splattered all over the news in no time and makes the entire profession/country look bad. It's a joke.

There is no doubt that the majority of cops are good people who are just doing their jobs. The problem that I have with our police, and it is a national one, is that too often, the ones with good intentions often break the law trying to cover the crimes and mistakes of the bad ones. Falsified police reports, destroyed evidence, censure, blackmail, tortured false confessions, victim blaming and other things occur on a daily basis in this country in a pathetic attempt to protect the integrity of the police force. Where do you draw the line on what a good cop is? What the police have failed to understand is that trying to sweep negative events under the rug does mores damage to the public's perception of their integrity than the original actions.

The day when cops know for a fact that they will end up in prison if they kill a person that didn't need to die is the day that the streets will become slightly safer for a lot of people, particularly minorities. Right now, too many cops kill because they don't feel that it will affect them professionally. Why allow your personal risk to rise at all if there is no repercussion for mistakes, even ones that result in the death of another person? Again, most cops do not go to work with the intention of being bad cops, but a lot of them end the day that way because of fear, lack of respect or covering their buddies mistakes.

Wearing pig cop socks isn't going to win him allies. Great civil rights leaders bring people together. They don't divide people on the same team, and that's exactly what Kapernick did.

He selfishly divided himself from the United States flag.

He selfishly wore mocking socks directed at law enforcement as a whole.

While is intent/claim was for the greater good he did nothing but create a divisive situation.

Instead of being FOR a United States where we all have equal rights and treatment.

He was AGAINST the symbol of the country.

Instead of FOR a more restrained, better trained. and fair law enforcement sector.

He was AGAINST Police and mocked them.

All of those statements are true, but he only showed people what he was against, and honestly that's not the actions leader. That's the actions of an instigator.

MLK didn't say
I have a Complaint.
He said I have a Dream.

And if you want to change reality. It always begins with a dream, and rarely with a complaint.

Wearing pig cop socks isn't going to win him allies. Great civil rights leaders bring people together. They don't divide people on the same team, and that's exactly what Kapernick did.

He selfishly divided himself from the United States flag.

He selfishly wore mocking socks directed at law enforcement as a whole.

While is intent/claim was for the greater good he did nothing but create a divisive situation.

Instead of being FOR a United States where we all have equal rights and treatment.

He was AGAINST the symbol of the country.

Instead of FOR a more restrained, better trained. and fair law enforcement sector.

He was AGAINST Police and mocked them.

All of those statements are true, but he only showed people what he was against, and honestly that's not the actions leader. That's the actions of an instigator.

MLK didn't say
I have a Complaint.
He said I have a Dream.

And if you want to change reality. It always begins with a dream, and rarely with a complaint.
There is a new (or maybe not so new) concept that you have to shock, you have to "get their attention" in order to get the general public to see the issue. I disagree with this tactic, whole-heartedly. At least in the world we live in, today.

If the issue needs such drastic measures, the drastic measures will only divide. MLK was doing it right. It isn't the loud, it isn't the yelling, it isn't the exacerbated rhetoric. It's smiling, it's laughing, it's humble but it's standing strong. His humble speeches, his leadership during marches were so powerful, he was killed because of the perceived danger he represented.

Many of the loud "bombastic's", and I say this regarding any movement… so many of them are still around. That should speak volumes.

There is a phrase I've really come to love:
quote-don-t-ever-mistake-my-silence-for-ignorance-my-calmness-for-acceptance-or-my-kindness-dalai-lama-92-77-68.jpg

EDIT: And might I add, this phrase is targeted towards BOTH sides of any given issue. So in this situation, the police should be working towards quiet, calm, kind, compassionate action toward the community. No question. BUT here's the key… when the communities and those like Kaepernick (sp) have quiet, calm, kind and compassionate actions towards the police… THAT'S when things will change. It's a 2 way street. It has to be. Dalai Lama, MLK, Ghandi, Mother Theresa… They knew what they were talking about.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT