ADVERTISEMENT

What a boring game...

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
What a boring offense. Falk drops back, looks, looks, looks in a Hallidaze. Again and again., he can't beat a Minnesota d-backfield depleted by suspensions. This isn't to say they won't catch fire, but this is some pretty sad stuff.

Agree with the overall assessment, but it looks more to me like the receivers aren't creating any separation. Falk could try to throw some guys open here and there, but they look pretty blanketed from what I can see.

What a boring offense. Falk drops back, looks, looks, looks in a Hallidaze. Again and again., he can't beat a Minnesota d-backfield depleted by suspensions. This isn't to say they won't catch fire, but this is some pretty sad stuff.
Yep. They have mailed this in. Who is that tub of lard right OT who whiffed on that block, getting Falk sacked? He looks like a bad high school player. This is an embarrassing performance all around, from 25 yard punts to armless tackling, to imahinary blocks, to one yard passes.

Agree with the overall assessment, but it looks more to me like the receivers aren't creating any separation. Falk could try to throw some guys open here and there, but they look pretty blanketed from what I can see.
What does that say about cougar receivers, that they can't get open against a secondary held together by duct tape??? pathetic

Yep. They have mailed this in. Who is that tub of lard right OT who whiffed on that block, getting Falk sacked? He looks like a bad high school player. This is an embarrassing performance all around, from 25 yard punts to armless tackling, to imahinary blocks, to one yard passes.
He's the same right OT who was chewing out his teammates on the sideline earlier in the game.

Glad Cougar

I think it was madison, but this game illustrates how bad our receivers really are, nothing but posession players, not a deep threat in the bunch

What does that say about cougar receivers, that they can't get open against a secondary held together by duct tape??? pathetic

Agreed. Some people think the Air Raid is some kind of magical scheme where undertalented receivers can inexplicably get open. Not true ... still need difference-makers who can create separation, at least against a bunch of freshmen at a mediocre Big 10 school.

One would think that the offense that relies so much on a philosophy of doing offensive reps in practice wouldn't look so rusty.

The game has an exhibition feel. Neither team really wants to win. Receivers/OLine look sloppy They'd rather take the shuttle bus to Seaworld. No fire.

I think it was madison, but this game illustrates how bad our receivers really are, nothing but posession players, not a deep threat in the bunch
this Fatty McCougar didn't even touch the DT right in front of him. Unbelievable. Looks like a hippo mated with ZZ Top and he is the result....

It speaks volumes. If Leach thinks he's going to win the Pac-12 with a bunch of slow, possession receivers, he's delusional.

you forgot the part where Falk only uses the right side of the field. He hasn't looked at the left side since Cracraft went down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT