ADVERTISEMENT

What the hell. WSU vs CSU game thread.

TIME FOR SOME CORRECTION, EDUCATION OF SOME OF THE STUPID REVISIONISM BY A COUPLE, FEW, SOME STUPID, FANS.

STATS:

CAM WARD

ABOUT 68% COMPLETION PERCENTAGE.

ABOUT, BETWEEN 450 TO 500 YARDS PASSING.

ABOUT 85 YARDS RUSHING.

ABOUT 2,3 TD's.

ZERO INT'S

ABOUT A QBR RATING OF 150

1 FORCED FUMBLE DUE TO BEING BLIND SIDED SACKED.

2,3 COMBINED MISCUES, MISTHROWS, MISCOMMUNICATIONS, DROPPED BALLS, ETC, BETWEEN CAM, WR'S.

2 TOTALLY MISSED THROWS TO TOTALLY WIDE OPEN WR'S IN END ZONE BY CAM.

SOME, SEMI LOTS OF 16 TO 26 YARD MIDRANGE, MEDIUM, SEMI DEEP THOWS.

GOOD, GREAT, SEMI AMAZING, ACCURATE, PRECISE THROWS BY CAM, MOST OF THE TIME.

DESPITE FIRST GAME JITTERS.

DESPITE LOTS OF NEW WR'S, NEW OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

It's like some stupid fans expect,demand absolute PERFECTION, NO MISTAKES, etc, no matter what the situation, circumstances, etc.

Defense had 2,3,4 mistakes.

Special teams had 1 mistakes

Offense had about 3,4,5 mistakes.

BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT CAM WARD WAS BAD, AND THAT DICKERT, ARBUCKLE, SCHMEDDING WAS BAD, AND THAT WSU DID NOT DOMINATE.

1, A couple, few, some minor mistakes, can, will happen, despite,even when DOMINATING.

It was the first REAL game, with LOTS of NEW everything, new coordinators, new players, etc.

WSU, players, coaches, CAM, ETC, DOMINATED, IMPOSED THEIR WILL, PLAYED WELL OVERALL, HAD LOTS OF AWESOME STATS, LOTS OF POINTS SCORED, ETC

Yeah, I, others get it, that if any of these minor mistakes that didn't happen very often, happen at bad times, vs teams like Wisconsin, that it won't be good.

Also there were a semi some to semi lot of semi ranked, semi blue blood teams that looked a heck lot worse then the DOMINATING BLOW OUT WSU did vs CSU.

Cam Ward, ARBUCKLE, SCHMEDDING, DICKERT, will probably continue to do, be just fine the rest of the season.

WSU will win 6,7,8,9 games this season.

The ONLY thing I'm slightly concerned about is that there is only 2 LB's, Devin Richardson, Thornton, that played well, and that the RB's only had about 5,6,7 hand off carries, and only averaged about 2.3 yards per carry.

But then again, the radio announcers said that CSU was stacking the box against the run, and forcing, daring WSU to have to abandon the run, and focus on beating them passing.

The DLine, Secondary, QB, WR's were good.

The OL was semi serviceable, just barely ok by skin of their teeth.

And the LB corp was just barely semi ok by skin of teeth.

The RB's sucked, but CSU forced that.

That's the true story of the game, not the out of context, false revisionism, of some fans.

TIME FOR SOME CORRECTION, EDUCATION OF SOME OF THE STUPID REVISIONISM BY A COUPLE, FEW, SOME STUPID, FANS.

STATS:

CAM WARD

ABOUT 85 YARDS RUSHING.

ABOUT 2,3 TD's.

ZERO INT'S

2,3 COMBINED MISCUES, MISTHROWS, MISCOMMUNICATIONS, DROPPED BALLS, ETC, BETWEEN CAM, WR'S.

It's like some stupid fans expect,demand absolute PERFECTION, NO MISTAKES, etc, no matter what the situation, circumstances, etc.

BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT CAM WARD WAS BAD, AND THAT DICKERT, ARBUCKLE, SCHMEDDING WAS BAD, AND THAT WSU DID NOT DOMINATE.

1, A couple, few, some minor mistakes, can, will happen, despite,even when DOMINATING.

It was the first REAL game, with LOTS of NEW everything, new coordinators, new players, etc.

WSU, players, coaches, CAM, ETC, DOMINATED, IMPOSED THEIR WILL, PLAYED WELL OVERALL, HAD LOTS OF AWESOME STATS, LOTS OF POINTS SCORED, ETC

Yeah, I, others get it, that if any of these minor mistakes that didn't happen very often, happen at bad times, vs teams like Wisconsin, that it won't be good.

Also there were a semi some to semi lot of semi ranked, semi blue blood teams that looked a heck lot worse then the DOMINATING BLOW OUT WSU did vs CSU.

Cam Ward, ARBUCKLE, SCHMEDDING, DICKERT, will probably continue to do, be just fine the rest of the season.

The ONLY thing I'm slightly concerned about is that there is only 2 LB's, Devin Richardson, Thornton, that played well, and that the RB's only had about 5,6,7 hand off carries, and only averaged about 2.3 yards per carry.

But then again, the radio announcers said that CSU was stacking the box against the run, and forcing, daring WSU to have to abandon the run, and focus on beating them passing.

That's the true story of the game, not the out of context, false revisionism, of some fans.
Thanks for the fan fiction

Colorado State might be, semi-almost, the worst D1 team I've seen us play since SW Louisiana in 1997.
Have you looked the SEC conference preseason slate? Except for maybe a couple of high profile OOC games, they are playing the school of the Blind, the Augusta nuns, and the litttle Sisters of the Poor.. So CSU needs to improve

STATS:

CAM WARD

ABOUT 85 YARDS RUSHING.

ABOUT 2,3 TD's.

ZERO INT'S

The RBs don’t suck. Jenkins is the most explosive player on the offense. Watson went for 1K APY in Morris’s shitty offense.

The line sucked at blocking for the run and Wards biggest weakness is running the mesh zone read. Every time it’s an awkward handoff or keep. You could see immediately when Mateer was in how that play is supposed to be run.

This is my biggest concern. The fumbles and overthrow on the GL is easy to clean up. Im not sure Cam is going to be good at running that zone read with how bad it looked today. If he’s not we have no running game. That doesn’t bode well against teams that have NFL talent on the edges. Will lead to sacks, more fumbles, and lots of Haberrer on the field.

The RBs don’t suck. Jenkins is the most explosive player on the offense. Watson went for 1K APY in Morris’s shitty offense.

The line sucked at blocking for the run and Wards biggest weakness is running the mesh zone read. Every time it’s an awkward handoff or keep. You could see immediately when Mateer was in how that play is supposed to be run.

This is my biggest concern. The fumbles and overthrow on the GL is easy to clean up. Im not sure Cam is going to be good at running that zone read with how bad it looked today. If he’s not we have no running game. That doesn’t bode well against teams that have NFL talent on the edges. Will lead to sacks, more fumbles, and lots of Haberrer on the field.

Not saying the RB's suck, but they did have a sucky day, where they sucked, partly because of CSU stacking the box against run, partly because of semi bad run blocking, partly because of as you say, Cam struggled at the zone read.

Remember that it is, was going to take all of spring ball, fall camp, beginning of season, etc, to fully get rid of Morris's hand on Cam, and for the NEW OC, WR's, etc, to FULLY, COMPLETELY, Mesh, sync, etc.

It won't happen until games 2,3,4, and most certainly wasn't going to happen in, on the first game of the season.

Despite that, WSU, Dickert, Cam, ARBUCKLE, Offense, defense, etc, will be more then good enough to win 4-0, 3-1, 2-2, with only CLOSE possible losses, and still might be close wins vs Wisconsin, OSU, and about a 6,7,8,9 win season, 7,8,7.5 wins average.

And after, during game 2,3,4,5, Cam, the offense will FULLY, COMPLETELY CLICK, and until then, the defense will be good enough to keep them in games.

And Cam, ARBUCKLE are, is, will be way the hell better then last years Cam, Morris.

And that's good enough for me.

Its unrealistic, silly, stupid, etc, for anybody to expect, demand, etc, ABSOLUTE PERFECTION in the first game of the season, without a couple, few, some burps, hiccups, etc.

Even Jack Thompson, Mark Rypien, Rosenbach, Bledsoe, Ryan Leaf, Gesser, Kegel, Minshew, Falk, Connor Holiday, Gordon, Brink, etc, usually had burps, hiccups, despite overall good performances, stats wise, just like Cam, during the first game of season, especially when, if they had lots of new pieces, even when they were experienced QB's that went on to have good seasons.

Now if ARBUCKLE had been Cam's OC for years, and if Cam had a great OL, and if the team were all veteran seniors, that had been at WSU with Cam for years, then and only then would I might expect, demand absolute PERFECTION, no hiccups, burps, etc.

Cam , WSU absolutely dominated, blew out CSU, despite NEW everything, and despite a couple, few, some, warts, hiccups, burps, etc.

That's good enough for me.

The question isn't if Cam can be absolutely perfect.

The question is, IS CAM GOOD ENOUGH to CONSISTENTLY WIN, or win 6,7,8,9 games?

And the answer to that is probably YES.

And that's good enough for me

And should be good enough for most to almost all WSU fans.

Colorado State might be, semi-almost, the worst D1 team I've seen us play since SW Louisiana in 1997.
They'll probably beat New Mexico, but that's about it. Maybe they'll win 2 games this year. Kinda feel sorry for their fans. But....they have their nice stadium....at least their fans have something to be proud of.

He has started over 30 games. Unacceptable. He has to be better.
Good grief … this is his first start where he had a qb coach . He isn’t like so many qbs who went to these camps since they were 12. How many times a game did he throw the ball in high school. You think he saw the run and shoot before morris brought him to IW?

You can tell he is processing the retraining arbuckke has been working on him with . There was one play he started to drift back, he caught himself and made a productive play .

There was and is so much to clean up in his game from past coaching or lack thereof.

Even Leach wasn’t a huge guy to work in fundamentals of throws . He just cared if you got it to the right person .

We will see how it works and if arbuckle can coach out all the bad plays .

And if BA is successful we will call it the Airbuckle

My 1st half summary...

We did actually look better on offense with the general play calling. I felt confident in the "flow".

For whatever reason... Ward is just not one our "WSU's Best" and I don't think he will be.

He's not bad. I just don't see him OWNING the game. We had QB's that did it...

Gesser
Leaf
Falk
Minshew
Bledsoe
Rosenbach

even De Laura... Brink... Halliday...

I don't think he's there.

The defense might be good against a bad team. They might be good and smart. I don't know.

I will say that the number of errors and mistakes has me more than a little disappointed, but I can't make up my mind if we're better or worse than average.

2nd half will give me more to think about.
Ah the glory days … ever watch Rosie in 87? And he cost us if memory serves me correctly the 88 game against Oregon . Take a peek at the Apple Cup that year and we needed a block pint to win cause his play put us in a hole very early on.

Tell me what strikes you about these stats … after 10 games throwing 15 TDs and 13 picks . You believe that is something to get all excited about ?

Ah the glory days … ever watch Rosie in 87? And he cost us if memory serves me correctly the 88 game against Oregon . Take a peek at the Apple Cup that year and we needed a block pint to win cause his play put us in a hole very early on.

Tell me what strikes you about these stats … after 10 games throwing 15 TDs and 13 picks . You believe that is something to get all excited about ?

Ah yes. Take a particular and apply it as a generality. Good work!

PS I don't disagree that Cam still can and will improve. He is a work in progress.

Can you be more specific about what you think I said wrong/incorrectly?

You're like a freaking cross between a horoscope and a fortune cookie when you post.

Wtf are you trying to say?

Can you be more specific about what you think I said wrong/incorrectly?

You're like a freaking cross between a horoscope and a fortune cookie when you post.

Wtf are you trying to say?
You're assuming Ed knows what Ed is trying to say.

I do agree with him (generally) on Ward.

He's still slow on reads. Like, really slow.

The first TD throw he should be making that pass right after the WR passes by the LB and he was LATE as hell. Whats more is that was his ONLY read on that play, or at least the only read he made.

Maybe first quarter jitters, as I only got to see the highlight package, but I feel like if he's late on those plays against a defense with a heartbeat its going to be trouble.

My most vivid memory of Rosie (I was there I think with my Mom) was the 1988 ASU game where down by 3, with about a minute left and I think a timeout or two. We had first and goal on about the 8. I think that before the tiebreaker. So worst case scenario was kick a FG for the tie. So Rosie rolls out to the right, Could have run it down to least the 5 and maybe farther. But no, he throws it across his body into an ASU defender. Game Over. Our seats were right there on that side. About my worst Coug experience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT