ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s the most likely backup to Borghi?

I expect both McIntosh and Brazil to get touches. McIntosh was very underutilized last year IMO. It is my understanding that all three are getting reps in the slot in order to transition to empty without making substitutions.

My guess is we see a very limited playbook this year but in the future we see more temp, RPO, and pistol read option.

Bazile? Isnt McIntosh taking reps at WR? Could Harris slide into that spot?

Both Bazille and Deon McIntosh have been AWESOME so far, at least according to the coaches, and according to the COUPLE, FEW, limited videos, of Bazille, Deon.

Altho dont know who the OFFICIAL back up RB is, we do know, or should know that both Deon, Bazil will probably get #2 type reps.

Also Borghi, Deon, Bazille will be, have spent time at Slot.

Deon is NOT a WR, and wont be a WR.

Rolo wants to use Borghi, Deon, Bazille as RB's LINING up OCASIONALLY in the slot to MIX things up, help get Borghi, Deon, Bazille MORE TOUCHES as RB's, as that's how good all three, they are.

Expect Borghi to get about 11 to 14 hand offs, and about 3 to 9 catches. 1 Toss Sweep, 1 Shovel Pass, 1 Swing Pass, 1 RB screen, 1 pass to the flats, 1,2,3 passes to, out of the slot on a cross, curl, slant, out pattern.

Expect Deon to get about 3,4,5 hand offs, and 1,2,3,4 passes.

Expect Bazille to get about 2,3,4 hand offs, and about 1,2 passes.

Expect about 4.9+ yards per carry at minimum on average for all 3 RB's, as a group.

Expect about 6.7+ yards per catch on average from the 3 RB's.

I’m pretty excited about Bazille myself. His HS tape looked like he had another smooth gear you don’t see often...reminded me of Deanthony Thomas. We’ve had some solid backs and obviously Borghi is special, but would be fun to see that home run hitter that can juke a couple guys and be gone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT