ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s soccer

Good contest. A bit sloppy at times but close and kept one interested. Considering that the teams had not played a competitive game in well over a year, I thought the two coaching staffs prepared their squads quite well.

Got a kick out of hearing Shulenberger yelling instructions and teaching advice. Could hear him quite well over the announcer as no spectators were present, not even cardboard ones. The guy is quite intense. I liked it.

For those who may regard this as only a victory over a WAC team, Seattle U. is quite good. Won the WAC the last two years and is predicted to win it again this year. They were no creampuff. SU's next game is against the uw. It will be informative to see how that works out.

A number of the freshmen got appearances and the new goalkeeper, a transfer from Texas Tech performed well.

Preseason predictions put our Coug ladies in fourth place. Fair enough in the brutal Pac12. Unless something remarkable occurs we can reasonably look forward to another postseason experience with our ladies.

During Shulenberger's presser the mentioned that the next game, against EWU, would be played in the bubble. Makes sense as apparently the field is covered with snow. Brand new turf which is nice. The ladies can leave their mukluks and snowshoes in their lockers. Have any of you recalled a contest played in the bubble? Not me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT