ADVERTISEMENT

Wow… Art Briles

Who is the highest paid employee at WSU? Rank the top five employees by salary. That gives you some insight.

I would counter by pointing out that Mike Leach has a very pedestrian salary when it comes to football coaches but Elson Floyd was very well paid as presidents go. The first result on a google search suggests that the average salary for a university president was $400,000 a couple years ago. Floyd made double that.

I agree with Flat. Leach's salary is more than he needs but in comparison with other similarly skilled head coaches, his is moderate, restrained and reasonable in that context. Dr. Floyd was paid extremely well and, like Leach, he was worth it.

I would counter by pointing out that Mike Leach has a very pedestrian salary when it comes to football coaches but Elson Floyd was very well paid as presidents go. The first result on a google search suggests that the average salary for a university president was $400,000 a couple years ago. Floyd made double that.
But that wasn't my point.

But that wasn't my point.

You said that it was obvious that priorities were set based on salaries. The market salaries for coaches is ridiculous and we all know that. Mike Leach makes a lot less than many of his peers. Elson Floyd made double what his replacement at KSU made. FWIW, Bill Snyder makes almost the exact same salary as Mike Leach. You could argue that WSU values the overall university over football twice as much as KSU does based on salary comparisons.

You can bet that if market rate for a coach of Leach's caliber was $600k......that is the contract he'd have. Of course, look at what you've done.....you made me type $600k. YOU BASTARD! :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT