ADVERTISEMENT

WR,s Calvin,Zico off the board

ElComanche

Hall Of Fame
Sep 28, 2007
Calvin To Nebraska and Zico to Purdue. I was hoping for Zico and luke warm to Calvin. I had the WR prospects rated as 1)Zico,2),Roberson ,3,)Sanders, 4,)Calvin and ,5),Harris.The number 2,3,and 5,,s still have not committed. I am sure the coaches and recruits could care less about my ranking. I just think that the combination of size,speed ,and athletic ability give them a higher ceiling. I hope we get two of them.

Another former Coug coach snake bites us.

Shepard selling a JC kid during a complete rebuild at Purdue is pretty impressive.

Zico will be long gone before they see success.

A Salty Business; That's For Sure.

Another former Coug coach snake bites us.

Shepard selling a JC kid during a complete rebuild at Purdue is pretty impressive.

Zico will be long gone before they see success.

A Salty Business; That's For Sure.
Yeah, I'm not one to question a kids decision usually, but Purdue over WAZZU right now for a WR is a terrible decision. Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during that used car salesman pitch...good lord.

Reactions: Alpine Cougar
I can imagine" we are changing our offense to a passing offense' " you will be our number 1 receiver.. and focal point of our offense etc'.As others have pointed out it takes time to implement a new offense and get the right players to make it effective.

Yeah, I'm not one to question a kids decision usually, but Purdue over WAZZU right now for a WR is a terrible decision. Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during that used car salesman pitch...good lord.

Look up the word gullible. You'll see Zico's mug shot.

There could always be additional factors in play....not saying they are....but academics might be part of a kid's decision and Purdue is ranked #60 in the nation (WSU #143). He might have formed a very close relationship with Shephard. Maybe it's that Indiana is closer to his home in Georgia than Pullman. Maybe he likes to eat at Cracker Barrell and the nearest one to Pullman is in Boise. I decided a long time ago that I'm in no position to judge whether a kid is making a good decision or not. I wish him the best, especially since he will not be playing in our conference.

Glad Cougar

There could always be additional factors in play....not saying they are....but academics might be part of a kid's decision and Purdue is ranked #60 in the nation (WSU #143). He might have formed a very close relationship with Shephard. Maybe it's that Indiana is closer to his home in Georgia than Pullman. Maybe he likes to eat at Cracker Barrell and the nearest one to Pullman is in Boise. I decided a long time ago that I'm in no position to judge whether a kid is making a good decision or not. I wish him the best, especially since he will not be playing in our conference.

Glad Cougar
Yeah, good points. I would also continue though that Purdue over WSU for overall academic prestige would be ridiculous too. Outside of a handful of prestigious universities (Stanford, Name your Ivy Lague School) you get what you put into your education. The exception of course is considering specific programs (I.e. WSU for Communication or Vet).

Unless things have changed when I was a JuCo kid a million years ago, not many of us were too worried about the academic ranking of schools.

Not anymore, there is one in Couer d alene
Glad Cougar

That's great news. There is also one that should be ready to open in Tualatin down here in Oregon by summer. I'm going to gain 50 pounds by the end of the year.

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT