ADVERTISEMENT

WSU Portal tracker

Cam seems like a good kid...and I wish him all the best.

I won't miss him as a QB and running around back there for 2 years in a row.

Perhaps better coaching will flush that out of him and I will cheer for him...unless he goes to UW.

Cam seems like a good kid...and I wish him all the best.

I won't miss him as a QB and running around back there for 2 years in a row.

Perhaps better coaching will flush that out of him and I will cheer for him...unless he goes to UW.
i think he was on his way to fixing that stuff then UCLA got to him. Oregon and Bo Nix is a good comp. He would get less pressure there with a better run game. Will be rooting for him. If he’s a Duck hope he gets some revenge on UW.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
It has been CONFIRMED that the following schools are interested:

🏈 Miami
🏈 Ohio State
🏈 Texas A&M
🏈 Washington
🏈 Auburn

Each willing to pay him $1,000,000+ after watching every single snap the guy has taken here in the past 2 years.

I wonder what these schools, coaching staffs and nil committees see in Cam Ward that drunk old message board posters can’t see in him?

It’s a fvucking mystery.

It has been CONFIRMED that the following schools are interested:

🏈 Miami
🏈 Ohio State
🏈 Texas A&M
🏈 Washington
🏈 Auburn

Each willing to pay him $1,000,000+ after watching every single snap the guy has taken here in the past 2 years.

I wonder what these schools, coaching staffs and nil committees see in Cam Ward that drunk old message board posters can’t see in him?

It’s a fvucking mystery.
I would venture that the kid is lights out running 7s. He has a live arm, decent touch, and is trying to learn to do his best Mahomes impersonation (throwing from multiple arm angles.) His biggest weakness is that all his upside goes away the second the pocket breaks down and he's forced to improvise. If they can coach him and give him the confidence to stay in the pocket, he could be a legit heisman contender.

Reactions: Coug90
I would venture that the kid is lights out running 7s. He has a live arm, decent touch, and is trying to learn to do his best Mahomes impersonation (throwing from multiple arm angles.) His biggest weakness is that all his upside goes away the second the pocket breaks down and he's forced to improvise. If they can coach him and give him the confidence to stay in the pocket, he could be a legit heisman contender.
All of this. I think with an elite OLine and running game he could really shine. His biggest problem imo is he started to not trust the OLine (wonder why…) and then he got jumpy even when he had a clean pocket.

Feel like this is what you see a lot from kids that go to shitty nfl teams and get thrown into the fire too early. They get broken habits with bad oline and never recover.

Reactions: kougkurt
It's funny how being a fan is. I get that Ward is a dynamic player, but I just don't care that he is leaving. So sick of 8 yard sacks turning into 20 yard sacks and watching him run with the proverbial loaf of bread hanging out there to be fumbled away. All these folks from other schools are excited and all I can think of is:

tombstone-bye.gif
I don't care he's leaving just because I don't think I emotionally invest in anymore bad news for WSU football. I just feel kind of beaten down at this point. Nothing to do but either just eat it, or stop paying attention.

Good. Bye bye. Leave the keys to your NIL truck on the way out of town. Mateer has a stronger arm, runs faster, and is way cuter.

Mateer's girlfriend is way cuter than Ward's girlfriend?

There was an article on Brand Y and several of the comments suggested that Mateer could be a real upgrade over Ward next season.

Could be fun to watch Arbuckle get a chance to develop a new QB1.

I don't care he's leaving just because I don't think I emotionally invest in anymore bad news for WSU football. I just feel kind of beaten down at this point. Nothing to do but either just eat it, or stop paying attention.
Yeah, don't think there's any surprise Ward is leaving. Frankly, seeing the scheduling alliance today just makes it easier to emotionally turn things off.

I'm more worried about the impact of the entire university to come. I think it's only the tip of the iceberg.

This whole thing is so fcking filthy. It actually makes me feel gross to be part of it even just as a fan.

By continuing to support and be part of this it feel like being a German who was "just following orders." Or perhaps a better analogy is a twist on the "if you're not coaching it you're allowing it to happen", which would be "if you're not pulling your support you're allowing it to happen."

I'll feel better giving to WSU after the obscene facade of amateurism has been flushed from our campus, regardless of what form that takes.
20+ year season ticket holder. Completely out after COVID. My sports entertainment now is sports betting and fantasy football. The $3K I used to give to WSU football now goes to these pursuits. Two times a year in Vegas with $2K to bet. I'm over it. Until there is some sort of parity, why bother even being a fan. The same 5 to 10 schools are going to compete for the crown every year. WSU ain't one of them. I'll enjoy the occasional upset. That's now the extent of my WSU fandom.

Yeah, don't think there's any surprise Ward is leaving. Frankly, seeing the scheduling alliance today just makes it easier to emotionally turn things off.

I'm more worried about the impact of the entire university to come. I think it's only the tip of the iceberg.
I'll be interested to see how the women's teams are impacted and if its the same exodus. It would be a real shame to see all the work those teams have done to achieve the success washed away by the greed of football.

Reactions: Coug90
I'll be interested to see how the women's teams are impacted and if its the same exodus. It would be a real shame to see all the work those teams have done to achieve the success washed away by the greed of football.
WBB, soccer, and volleyball are the three I'm keeping my eye on. If there's a big exodus amongst those teams, it's going to be bad.

Reactions: kougkurt and Coug90
WBB, soccer, and volleyball are the three I'm keeping my eye on. If there's a big exodus amongst those teams, it's going to be bad.
The trickle down effect is the worst part of this whole thing. Those kids are getting nothing and now asked to sleep in airports where they used to hop on puddle jumper flights.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
20+ year season ticket holder. Completely out after COVID. My sports entertainment now is sports betting and fantasy football. The $3K I used to give to WSU football now goes to these pursuits. Two times a year in Vegas with $2K to bet. I'm over it. Until there is some sort of parity, why bother even being a fan. The same 5 to 10 schools are going to compete for the crown every year. WSU ain't one of them. I'll enjoy the occasional upset. That's now the extent of my WSU fandom.
I don't blame anyone for having this attitude anymore. Only thing keeping me invested is the thought that maybe a MWC/Pac2 true west coast conference could be kind of fun to watch in the way the Pac12 used to be.

It's not P5 football, but I honestly haven't cared about anything other than the Pac12 for a few years now anyway.

I don't blame anyone for having this attitude anymore. Only thing keeping me invested is the thought that maybe a MWC/Pac2 true west coast conference could be kind of fun to watch in the way the Pac12 used to be.

It's not P5 football, but I honestly haven't cared about anything other than the Pac12 for a few years now anyway.
Only thing I’m looking forward to with regard to college football is watching the sh!t hit the fan with some high dollar boosters when a highly paid NIL star player skips out on a playoff game to protect his future NFL contract.

You can count on a big exodus from at least one team-volleyball. Almost the entire roster is seniors, grad transfers, 5th year players, and even 6th year players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT