ADVERTISEMENT

Yes Beasley has to

It has been a while since I wandered around the outside of Beasley but I’m pretty sure any chance for expansion/renovation to the east got gobbled up by by the rec center.

Otherwise, the approximate location is about perfect - walkable from the entire campus. I have to wonder whether the location of the track could be considered and tying together a smaller new facility into some north side addition to Martin Stadium.

For a basketball only facility seating should only be in the 8000 range if that. Beasley is cavernous and has been filled, what, maybe once in the past decade for a game? (Klay’s jersey retirement)

Something has to be done to update Beasley. It’s not as dumpy as ASU but every other school in the conference has vastly better hoop facilities.
Not the beavs

Um how many coaches in WSU history has gone to 5,6 bowl games in 8 seasons, BEFORE LEACH? Cue the Jeopardy music.

NONE, IN WSU'S entire history.

That's like Riley going to 8,9,10 bowl games in 10 years at Ore St, something that had never been done at Ore St, before Riley.

Another question.

How many coaches have won 3,4 8,9+ win seasons at WSU, Before Leach?

Cue the Jeopardy music.

Mike Price was the only one in WSU history.

Another question.

How many WSU coaches have won 11 games in WSU history, BEFORE LEACH?

Cue Jeopardy Music

NONE.

How many WSU coaches almost went to a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, before Leach?(Remember if it weren't for either USC cheating Minshew, or not for 4 feet of snow in Apple cup, WSU would have gone to the PLAYOFFS, NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, NY6, like ROSEBOWL, COTTON BOWL, FIESTA BOWL. Also at 11-2, that was WORTHY of a ROSEBOWL, FIESTA BOWL, instead of a Alamo bowl)

Cue Jeopardy Music

Price was only 1 before Leach.

How many WSU coaches won a ESPN GameDay, and got, had GameDay come to Pullman, before Leach?

Cue Jeopardy Music.

NONE.

What or How many WSU coaches have had to turn around as bad a dumpster fire as Paul Wulf, and not only turn around program, but turn it into 3,4 8+ win seasons, 6 bowl games, a ESPN College GameDay, and a 11-2 equivalent of a Playoff, NY6 equivalent season, before Leach?

Cue Jeopardy Music.

NONE.

How many WSU coaches have done as much as Leach with LESS, as Leach?

Cue Jeopardy Music.

Walden, Erickson, Price.

Sounds like according to all that, that Leach was a legendary coach at WSU.

Leach, and Riley are LEGENDARY coaches for WSU, Ore St.

And anybody who says that Leach, Riley don't deserve a statue(They won't get one), for what they did at WSU, Ore St, is wrong.
Mike Leach rescued WSU from the edge of the abyss. He almost got us to the promised land with Minshew. The man was an X and Os genius and deserves to be in the hall of fame. But his accomplishments come with caveats.

The era was different.

No coach in WSU history had more money given him to work with than Leach. We went deeply in debt because of unsustainable football spending. Price on the other hand couldn't even get his coaches two year contracts, that's our norm.

Under Leach our non-conference schedule went from annual "body bag" games to pay bills, to 3 cup cakes at home. When Price last won the conference, one of his losses was to the #1 team in the nation in Columbus!

6-7 home games as opposed to 5

The institution of the 12/13 game schedule

.500 and you go bowling era

The sad demise of the Pac-12. Before Leach, the Pac was at or near the top in terms of talent and play. While not his fault, he coached during an era when the conference was only a shell of its former self, the bottom of the Power 5. Price still coached during an era when the Pac had more players in the NFL, per team, than any other conference. In 2002, 10 Pac 12 teams had winning records.

He was utterly owed by the Dawgs.

To give you an example of the era differences. Playing under Leach era "success" opportunities, lowly Jim Walden takes WSU to bowl games 3 times 1981, 1983 and 1984, during an era when Pac-10 talent was the best anywhere.

Great coach, but let's not get too carried away.

Mike Leach rescued WSU from the edge of the abyss. He almost got us to the promised land with Minshew. The man was an X and Os genius and deserves to be in the hall of fame. But his accomplishments come with caveats.

The era was different.

No coach in WSU history had more money given him to work with than Leach. We went deeply in debt because of unsustainable football spending. Price on the other hand couldn't even get his coaches two year contracts, that's our norm.

Under Leach our non-conference schedule went from annual "body bag" games to pay bills, to 3 cup cakes at home. When Price last won the conference, one of his losses was to the #1 team in the nation in Columbus!

6-7 home games as opposed to 5

The institution of the 12/13 game schedule

.500 and you go bowling era

The sad demise of the Pac-12. Before Leach, the Pac was at or near the top in terms of talent and play. While not his fault, he coached during an era when the conference was only a shell of its former self, the bottom of the Power 5. Price still coached during an era when the Pac had more players in the NFL, per team, than any other conference. In 2002, 10 Pac 12 teams had winning records.

He was utterly owed by the Dawgs.

To give you an example of the era differences. Playing under Leach era "success" opportunities, lowly Jim Walden takes WSU to bowl games 3 times 1981, 1983 and 1984, during an era when Pac-10 talent was the best anywhere.

Great coach, but let's not get too carried away.

Your making BS reasons. Facts are that NO OTHER COACHES BEFORE LEACH, PRICE, DID WHAT THOSE 2 COACHES DID FOR WSU IN WSU'S ENTIRE 100+ YEAR HISTORY.

And you like other wrong COUGS continue to RECOGNIZE, EXCUSE, ETC, what the PAC 12 REF'S, PAC 12 OFFICIATING EXEC WOODY, AND USC, ETC, DID TO CHEAT WSU, LEACH, OUT OF THAT WIN. WSU, LEACH WAS WINNING, GETS CREDIT FOR THAT WIN. EVEN ESPN, ETC, SAID THAT WSO, LEACH WON THAT GAME, ETC.

And it wasn't WSU's, Leach's fault in that Apple Cup. 1,2,3,4 feet of Snow MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE AIR RAID and for WSU Air Raid personell to WIN. If not for that SHIT happening, WSU, LEACH, MINSHEW PROBABLY WOULD HAVE WON THAT APPLE CUP 99 OUT OF 100 TIMES.

THAT WAS NOT LEACH'S FAULT, AND WAS BEYOND HIS CONTROL.

BECAUSE OF THAT WSU, LEACH GETS UNOFFICIAL EQUIVALENT CREDIT FOR APPLE CUP AND USC GAME.

If not for the SHIT of the Apple Cup, and the SHIT of the USC game, WSU, Leach would have OFFICIALLY WON THOSE GAMES and been 13-0, and at the very least been 12-1, and would have played in the Pac 12 Championship game, and probably won it, and would have either gone to the PLAY OFFS, NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, ROSEBOWL, COTTON BOWL, FIESTA BOWL.

LEACH, MINSHEW DID UNOFFICIALLY EQUIVALENTLY LEAD WSU TO THE PROMISED LAND.

The BULLSHIT REFS, PAC 12 OFFICIATING EXEC WOODY, USC, USC, 1,2,3,4 FEET OF SNOW ABSOLUTELY CHEATED WSU, LEACH, MINSHEW OUT OF THE OFFICIAL PROMISED LAND.

Because of that WSU, LEACH, MINSHEW, IS, WAS WORTHY, GETS TO FLIP THE MIDDLE FINGER AT USC BULLSHIT USC, BULLSHIT PAC 12 REFS, BULLSHIT PAC 12 OFFICIATING EXEC WOODY, BULLSHIT 1,2,3,4 FEET OF SNOW KILLING THE AIR RAID, ETC, AND GET UNOFFICIAL, EQUIVALENCY OF THE PROMISED LAND, 13-0, 12-1, PAC 12 CHAMPS, PLAYOFFS, ROSEBOWL, COTTONBOWL, FIESTA BOWL, NY6, ETC.

WSU, MINSHEW, LEACH, did lead WSU to that, and FCK ANYBODY, PAC 12, MEDIA, NCAA, ETC, WHO SAYS OTHERWISE.

WSU, MINSHEW, LEACH, DID LEAD WSU TO THAT, GET CREDIT FOR THAT, AND WERE CHEATED OUT OF OFFICIALLY GETTING, DOING THAT BY ALL THE ULTIMATE EXTREME BULLSHIT.

And by saying Leach never did that, etc, you excuse what the PAC 12 refs, PAC 12 OFFICIATING EXEC WOODY did.

Your just like the WSU HOMERS that try to downplay what Price did, simply because of the way he went to, and did, and didn't do Alabama

In a Similar way your either a WSU Homer, who dismisses Leach, because don't like Leach, etc.

Or you DONT RECOGNIZE what Leach has done at WSU that either no other coach has done at WSU, or only Price has done at WSU.

Even Coaches, Players around the country, and ESPN, Fox, media, etc, think, say that Leach was a LEGENDARY coach at WSU, that did things at WSU that no other coach at WSU has done, and that deserves, should get recognition for that, Statues, or Leach field, or Leach building, Leach being in Hall of Fame, etc.

You and others like you are being just as bad as the silly Ore St fans who say Riley wasn't a Legendary coach at Ore St, and doesn't deserve a statue, Hall of Fame, etc.

Speaking of Beasley, did they move that ugly blue heart? I always remembered it being over by Beasley (I thought). was on campus the other day for the baseball game and saw it on the scoreboard side of the FB field on stadium way. Not where I remembered it before unless I’m losing my mind…which I probably am anyways.

Speaking of Beasley, did they move that ugly blue heart? I always remembered it being over by Beasley (I thought). was on campus the other day for the baseball game and saw it on the scoreboard side of the FB field on stadium way. Not where I remembered it before unless I’m losing my mind…which I probably am anyways.
No. It’s on Stadium Way, across from French Ad. It hasn’t aged well. Looks worse than ever.

Time for it to hit eBay again.

No, it's always been across from French Ad. That hideous atrocity should never have been allowed in the first place, and should be ripped out and taken to the dump.

No. It’s on Stadium Way, across from French Ad. It hasn’t aged well. Looks worse than ever.
Huh…swore it was by Beasley. I was in school during the Paul graham era maybe that’s why my mind put that thing in the front yard of Beasley.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT