ADVERTISEMENT

Yost......

kougkurt

Hall Of Fame
Nov 19, 2011
I wonder how he is feeling about taking up roots in Eugene?

I read earlier in the week that he was going to expose the air raid to the Oregon coaching staff. Welllllllllllll maybe not so much

They did "force" a couple FG attempts. Maybe he should have used time on his QBs!

I read earlier in the week that he was going to expose the air raid to the Oregon coaching staff. Welllllllllllll maybe not so much

He really likes coaching QB's. That was not going to happen in Pullman because Leach is the QB coach. I am sure he is happy because he is doing what he likes to do.

He will lose his job when the head coach is fired . Perhaps he can join the Idaho staff?That will be a fitting job. He can expose the Idaho staff to the air raid.

Reactions: chipdouglas
So you are saying that he just had a bad hair day? Damn my hair is longer than his,.i tried to comb it but i had trouble recognizing who that ugly old man was in the mirror. Stay away from mirrors,your reflection may startle you.

Not sure what there is to "expose". Oregon's seen our O for a few years now. Not like we do anything particularly exotic that's too difficult to figure out.

And I'm sure Yost will be fine. That's the life of an assistant coach. He'll latch on somewhere, not named Idaho, I'm sure.

Not sure what there is to "expose". Oregon's seen our O for a few years now. Not like we do anything particularly exotic that's too difficult to figure out.

And I'm sure Yost will be fine. That's the life of an assistant coach. He'll latch on somewhere, not named Idaho, I'm sure.

All the secrets. Like what's on the wrist bands!

Actually, the signals for the play calls might be something he'd know about even though they switch those up.

Oregon has certainly seen enough AirRaid, but they could not have expected 280 yds on the ground by WSU against them! Loved it!!!

One of Leach's Air Raid principles is to run a bunch of different plays out of the same few formations and let the QB check into something else based on what he sees. So unless we're still using exactly the same signals, there would be minimal advantage to having an ex-insider a la Yost.

One of Leach's Air Raid principles is to run a bunch of different plays out of the same few formations and let the QB check into something else based on what he sees. So unless we're still using exactly the same signals, there would be minimal advantage to having an ex-insider a la Yost.
Agree with this. Leach's system doesn't depend on a great amount of trickery. They know what is coming and CML uses precise execution to succeed in spite of that foreknowledge. That and the QB's option to switch plays as he decides, rather limits the inside knowledge of someone like Yost presenting much of a problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT