ADVERTISEMENT

You wanna know why WSU is struggling???

I'm willing to prove everything I've said here. the ONLY question is... can you afford it?
I don't really care what you said. But Ed's "even though he said that, he probably meant this, this, or this- I don't know, maybe I didn't read carefully enough. Maybe he's Beau Baldwin's best friend!" is just ridiculous.

Reactions: froropmkr72
C'mon gibbons, it's an attorney trust account in the State of Washington that means zero risk for such a high rolling attorney like you... E Z cash for you and your family

I'll take that to mean you are not able to explain why you were in Baldwin's office.

Thank goodness you're here to ignore what is said so you can make stuff up.

He's probably TOTALLY best friends with Beau Baldwin.
Actually Wulffui it is you made stuff up. He never once said he was there on a recruiting visit. He said he was in his office. You made wild assumptiuons and speculation, going into a conversation that you presumed happened in your mind.

Actually Wulffui it is you made stuff up. He never once said he was there on a recruiting visit. He said he was in his office. You made wild assumptiuons and speculation, going into a conversation that you presumed happened in your mind.
I'll help you, again, by pointing out where you admit to making stuff up.

-"He could have come out point blank and asked what happened? I just gave you about ten different scenarios"

-You, making up scenarios

I am sorry, did that happen in the state of Washington? Second, how old was the kid? 12? So what you are saying is WSU shouldn't recruit Michael Black, when it was known he was in jail? And his jail time was in a more recent time frame.

We should be happy that he is given the opportunity. Just like many before him. He screwed up. Period end of story.

I'm not following your argument here Ed. What does it matter if he was in trouble in the State of Washington? And I believe he was released from juvie, and moved right up to Bellevue to attend BHS. So, it would have been right before his freshman year there. Maybe 15 years old, not 12.

You can't tell me Wulff (and every other coach in the conference) didn't know about this when they recruited him.

And for the record, I have no issue with Wulff offering him a scholly. He'd kept his nose clean for 4 years at BHS (to the best of my knowledge), he was very talented, and WSU simply has to take risks like this from time to time. As you mentioned, you don't end up getting the Michael Blacks otherwise.

Nope, but you can show me where he did to prove me wrong.

Now you're saying there WAS info for Wulff to look at- why shouldn't he have done that? Who else in the PX offered him with his issues?

Was it... NOBODY?

As for the nature of your Ball story, I just think it's funny that you (apparently, according to your earlier post) saw one line of a completely unrelated discussion someone else had, and you were able to reach the conclusion, "yep, probably like my Ball discussion".

Then it turned out you didn't grasp the context of what he said. Classic Ed.

UW offered him after Sark was hired. Arizona offered him. He reported an offer from Oregon, but I don't know how long that offer actually lasted. Boise offered him too. His issues weren't so severe that NO ONE would touch him.

One out of two- and they both wound up bad. Given that a documented history on Atofau was met with a shrug by Wulff, how do you know he didn't just blow through red flags with Barrington like he clearly did with JA?

Coach takes on a kid with JA's documented, easily accessible history of issues, you give that kid more supervision, not less. I pointed out, I don't think Leach takes that kid. You disagree, but don't have a "Leach blew through his character issues and offered him anyway" example ready- in fact, Jordan Rose would say the exact opposite.

Another coach Wulff failure.
Again Wulffui... you speak of additional supervision....how Wulff should never had taken him, and how he should have had additional supervision , Tel me how that looks? Knocking on the door seeing if he had a grow operation? I am dead serious I would love to know how that looks. Also, you made the claim you don't think Leach would take that kind of kid? Is being accused of attempted burglary what you would expect from a Leach recruit then player?

The point you seem to miss as someone can nitpick this about every coach. Leach, Riley, Carrolll---you name it. They all take on a risk. The more high profile, the more the chances a kid gets. I am not sure JA's stint in Cali Juevy at 13 IF he stayed clean at BHS would even register on my radar. Maybe what a 13 year old year old did and if it was a one time offense should define him for the next ten years.

UW offered him after Sark was hired. Arizona offered him. He reported an offer from Oregon, but I don't know how long that offer actually lasted. Boise offered him too. His issues weren't so severe that NO ONE would touch him.
Fab were there any incidents once he moved up to the Bellevue that you know about?

I know, since growing it is now legal.

You know..I'll find bot for you... I know it is highly interesting for you.

I believe you can only grow pot if you are a "licensed grower". I don't think you can grow it recreationaly.

Regardless, it was NOT legal in 2009 anyway. And I don't believe it's ever been legal to grow it in the quantity Atofau and his buddies were growing it.

If he had violated the WIAA athletic code, he would have been suspended from Bellevue.

Perhaps now we'll hear from wulffui about eeevil Butch G. and his secret cover up conspiracy 'everybody knows' about to secretly aid Wulff.

Again Wulffui... you speak of additional supervision....how Wulff should never had taken him, and how he should have had additional supervision , Tel me how that looks? Knocking on the door seeing if he had a grow operation? I am dead serious I would love to know how that looks. Also, you made the claim you don't think Leach would take that kind of kid? Is being accused of attempted burglary what you would expect from a Leach recruit then player?

The point you seem to miss as someone can nitpick this about every coach. Leach, Riley, Carrolll---you name it. They all take on a risk. The more high profile, the more the chances a kid gets. I am not sure JA's stint in Cali Juevy at 13 IF he stayed clean at BHS would even register on my radar. Maybe what a 13 year old year old did and if it was a one time offense should define him for the next ten years.
You really can't figure a constructive supervision for a kid with a troubled past (not just Juvi- look at the story- mom sends him to Call with dad because he's getting in with gangs, Dad kicks him out, he commits crimes, Mom retrieved him- this wasn't just a "one mistake" kid) that falls somewhere between "nothing" and "let me see the grow room"? Come on.

If he had violated the WIAA athletic code, he would have been suspended from Bellevue.

Perhaps now we'll hear from wulffui about eeevil Butch G. and his secret cover up conspiracy 'everybody knows' about to secretly aid Wulff.
No, it's mostly just pointing out the depth of the BS in your "purging was job one" theory.

That's just silly.

You Post the cash, I post the pic. How hard is that to understand, really?

A picture wouldn't explain why you were there. And it wouldn't confirm what you talked about with anyone. And it wouldn't confirm if you were the person actually in the picture.

Nice surrender... as always.

You're fishing for a recruiting violation. Be a man and just admit it.

Your post on the topic would already be proof of a recruiting violation. He's a hint- I don't care about Eastern.

If the picture proves something, go ahead and post it. You seem to be highly motivated to call me a liar. Why pass up the opportunity? Or you can just explain why you were in Baldwin's office.

I'm still unclear on how a fifth grade PE teacher taking his daughters to see his best friend is a recruiting violation.

No, it's mostly just pointing out the depth of the BS in your "purging was job one" theory.
Just so I get this straight? One, you don't believe Leach has recruited kids with a troubled background. Is that correct? Whether or not Rodgers was run I don't know. It sounds like from Jake Rodgers standpoint he was. But are you saying Leach doesn't run kids?

I believe you can only grow pot if you are a "licensed grower". I don't think you can grow it recreationaly.

Regardless, it was NOT legal in 2009 anyway. And I don't believe it's ever been legal to grow it in the quantity Atofau and his buddies were growing it.
And didn't he get booted for it?
You really can't figure a constructive supervision for a kid with a troubled past (not just Juvi- look at the story- mom sends him to Call with dad because he's getting in with gangs, Dad kicks him out, he commits crimes, Mom retrieved him- this wasn't just a "one mistake" kid) that falls somewhere between "nothing" and "let me see the grow room"? Come on.
Well we can only talk about the grow operation. As of yet, you have yet to detail other more recent incidents. Be that it may, short of driving to JA's house, asking him to open the door, let me see if you are growing anything I am not sure how else you "police" that.

BTW, it is no different with regards to Leach. Players were busted for burglary at Tech, how was he suppose to supervise that while in Lubbock and reducing the chances it may happen?

Fab were there any incidents once he moved up to the Bellevue that you know about?

Not that I recall. That's probably a big reason why Wulff took the gamble on him. He got into a new environment, and kept his nose clean. I think he was even trying to enroll early.

Also, we don't know what he did to end up in juvie. That could have had some bearing on whether or not to offer.

Regardless, I would be shocked if Wulff didn't know the details prior to extending the offer.

And didn't he get booted for it?

Well we can only talk about the grow operation. As of yet, you have yet to detail other more recent incidents. Be that it may, short of driving to JA's house, asking him to open the door, let me see if you are growing anything I am not sure how else you "police" that.

BTW, it is no different with regards to Leach. Players were busted for burglary at Tech, how was he suppose to supervise that while in Lubbock and reducing the chances it may happen?

I don't know if this is in relation to Atofau, but he had other incidents at WSU prior to the pot bust too. He was involved in a fight and had a separate alcohol related incident as well.

Sounded like "college kids being college kids" type stuff and not something I get my panties in a bunch over, but Atofau certainly gave early signs that people ought to have their antenna up about him.

He got benched because he wasn't productive. It's not like he lost time because of injury and that's what accounted for the nearly 700 yard discrepancy in passing.

And what were the 3 of his best individual games in '13? He only had 3 games where he threw for more than 20 passes. One was a pretty poor performance against BYU, and one was against EWU.

Cal, Stanford, and UW.

And he had 6 games with more than 20 attempts: BYU, EWU, Cal, Stanford, Utah, and UW. Numbers-wise, he was playing well against UCLA too, until he got knocked out of the game...and his departure was soon followed by a team implosion.

Cal, Stanford, and UW.

And he had 6 games with more than 20 attempts: BYU, EWU, Cal, Stanford, Utah, and UW. Numbers-wise, he was playing well against UCLA too, until he got knocked out of the game...and his departure was soon followed by a team implosion.

Sorry about that, the site I was looking at had an incomplete game log.

I'm not going to go through his game by game because it would require me to look at box scores from 2009 (yuck). I still think I would easily take Sophomore Jeff Tuel over Senior Jeff Tuel.

I'm not following your argument here Ed. What does it matter if he was in trouble in the State of Washington? And I believe he was released from juvie, and moved right up to Bellevue to attend BHS. So, it would have been right before his freshman year there. Maybe 15 years old, not 12.

You can't tell me Wulff (and every other coach in the conference) didn't know about this when they recruited him.

And for the record, I have no issue with Wulff offering him a scholly. He'd kept his nose clean for 4 years at BHS (to the best of my knowledge), he was very talented, and WSU simply has to take risks like this from time to time. As you mentioned, you don't end up getting the Michael Blacks otherwise.
I am with Fab here. I have no problem with Wulff offering Atafau. Every team offers and has players with problems. Heck, choose a random 100 people in society at large and there will be people with problems.

My problem was always the hypocrisy of Wulff and people calling out Doba when Wulff was doing the same thing, if not worse (Schmidtke).

I am with Fab here. I have no problem with Wulff offering Atafau. Every team offers and has players with problems. Heck, choose a random 100 people in society at large and there will be people with problems.

My problem was always the hypocrisy of Wulff and people calling out Doba when Wulff was doing the same thing, if not worse (Schmidtke).

Same with me. Anyone that doesn't acknowledge that Wulff was compromising on character, grades and talent just isn't honest with himself.

I don't know if this is in relation to Atofau, but he had other incidents at WSU prior to the pot bust too. He was involved in a fight and had a separate alcohol related incident as well.

Sounded like "college kids being college kids" type stuff and not something I get my panties in a bunch over, but Atofau certainly gave early signs that people ought to have their antenna up about him.
Here's the deal. What does it mean to have your antenna up? I know what you mean, but should we be checking James Darling's apartment back in the mid 90's because he rolled a pinball machine on to Campus Drive? Should we search Will Dertings house because he was drunk an re-parked the car?

Having your antenna up versus a search and seizure are two different beasts. JA could have been busted for smoking pot three times and I am not sure that translates into growing 38 plants.

And I agree, with Michael Black's past, with Keith Millard's past, with what you have told me about JA, sure there is an antenna up. But I don't know how one could predict a grow operation, and how anyone goes into his house to search it to keep close tabs on it if there was nothing in the past to suggest a desire for an import export biz.

Ummm...who has done that? They all have taken calculated risks on their athletes. They have all taken on grade risks. They have all taken on athletic risks. Walden, Erickson, Price, Doba, Wulff and Leach. It has been Wulffui who has this strange obsession it was only on Wulff's watch and somehow a kid with no past pot growing charges a coach, any coach, should have either known or done everything to prevent it. That is crazy.

Same with me. Anyone that doesn't acknowledge that Wulff was compromising on character, grades and talent just isn't honest with himself.

1. Nobody disputes Wulff failed to adequately recruit. Nobody ever has.

2. Since when did you start caring about honesty?... Honestly...

Ummm...who has done that? They all have taken calculated risks on their athletes. They have all taken on grade risks. They have all taken on athletic risks. Walden, Erickson, Price, Doba, Wulff and Leach. It has been Wulffui who has this strange obsession it was only on Wulff's watch and somehow a kid with no past pot growing charges a coach, any coach, should have either known or done everything to prevent it. That is crazy.
I shake my head at your first sentence.

You've spent countless time on this thread defending a fail coach with an argument (how could you know about Atofau?) that was proven conclusively wrong, at which you shrugged your shoulders and kept defending. This would be an accurate description of most threads you participate in. The guy hasn't been here in four years, yet probably 80% of your post total is defending him, or running someone else down to defend him.

Whose obsession?

You've spent countless time on this thread defending a fail coach with an argument (how could you know about Atofau?) that was proven conclusively wrong, at which you shrugged your shoulders and kept defending. This would be an accurate description of most threads you participate in. The guy hasn't been here in four years, yet probably 80% of your post total is defending him, or running someone else down to defend him.

Whose obsession?
Yours. How many times do you bring up Wulff. Look at that number versus the number of times I bring him up. Zero. Yes, in that four years I have not started a thread about Wulff. Yes, I will defend him against stupid crap that you bring up. Like offering JA. Like his recruiting and that of Doba, sure. I am not running anyone down. That is exactly the point. When it comes to recruiting athletes with problems, they all do it. In your fantasy world only Wulff has done it.

Get this, Leach had three kids in 2006 that were charged with Burglary, and he did not, again, he did not immediately suspend them. And maybe that is why he now has his three golden rules.

Regarding JA, make sure we are on the same page. How could we have known he was growing? If he was in Juevy for dealing, then yes, they should have had an inkling. If he was in for fighting or stealing, how does one leap to the suspicion he is growing pot plants? I am still having a tough time with that one.

Keith Millard in his childhood had numerous incidents around fighting and violence. So if he was busted by the Pullman Police department for fighting, that would not be a surprise at all. But if he was busted say for selling coke, how could Walden ever imagine that was a possibility?

After awhile, it's not a calculated risk. It's just recruiting without regard to risk because they're desperate. Wulff was desperate.

Sorry about that, the site I was looking at had an incomplete game log.

I'm not going to go through his game by game because it would require me to look at box scores from 2009 (yuck). I still think I would easily take Sophomore Jeff Tuel over Senior Jeff Tuel.
I would agree, except for the senior JT who played in the Apple Cup. Leach made three mistakes year one. Mistakes with the benefit of 2015 20/20 hindsight. The first was with his slot receivers. You need a guy that plays that position that has experience and "feel". It is about the feel for the open areas. Leach started Lintz and Galvin. With their inexperience they would run to a designated area. If the rout called for 5 yards then out, they ran five yards and out even if the linebacker was right there. I think BYU exposed WSU early, and how you play that offense. And without an effective slot at the time, it made Tuel look more indecisive than he was. When Bartilone had his game against the Huskies, it showed what they were capable of doing. The second mistake was not taking the win against CU. You build a winning culture by winning. While that may have been a spring board to another win or two, it certainly was devastating for that team to lose the most winnable Pac 12 game. The third mistake was not coming out of the 2012 class with a corner or two.

Again, I point to this as hindsight. At the time, having Lintz and Galvin in the slot seemed like a good plan. Again, in hindsight, having Dockery and Jackson move to the secondary seemed like a good plan. It didn't work out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT