ADVERTISEMENT

You wanna know why WSU is struggling???

All of those guys had good coaches who ran their programs, and none of those guys got busted running a grow house.

Atofau had Wulff, and DID get busted running a growing house, a development, that, considering his past, can't be that unexpected.

Really, I don't see a comparison, unless you wanna find me some Keith Millard articles.

And yes, I know who Michael Black is. It's just sad that, to you, he's just another piece of Cougar kindling you toss into your "Wulff was good enough!" fire.
No Wulffui, Michael Black is someone who had a checkered past. Somethinhg you are clearly naïve to . At this point it has nothing to do with "wulff was good enough", it is about your non sense and complaints about the same crap every coach has dealt with. You simply want to think Wulff is the only coach with a kid gone "bad".

I have to ask you, you are in college correct? Do you know anyone who drinks underage? Do you know anyone who sells pot?

Oh Wulffui...I am so sorry I will connect the dots for you. If others thought JA was D1 talent they would have certainly overlooked his transgressions of a 12 year old. Do you firmly believe JA was not offered a Pac 10 scholie because he was put in JD when he was 12?

Secondly, you have no idea or the context in which Chinook talked with Jake Rodgers. You have no idea, nor I, how that information came forth. And yes, I brought the Chris Ball story into it because I didn't ask one question about him leaving, his involvement with coach Leach. But the information came out none the less. So there is a similarity...and it is this. Information can be obtained in many different ways than you are describing.
1. I don't know what HS you went to where a kid goes from a 12 year old in Juvi to a HS senior in four years- is this more "3/4 isn't 75%" math? Obviously, he wasn't 12.

2. There wasn't any similarities at all, until you shoehorned your Ball story in for the hundredth time... and then the "similarity" you found was- there are DIFFERENT ways to get informed. Bang up similarity- you know, the "different" kind of similarity.

Be more than happy to find you Keith Millard articles. Want me to find you articles about Junior Tupuola as well? I am sorry you live in a bubble. JA got caught. Do you really believe JA is the first Coug that has either grown weed or supplied weed? Is that what you are really trying to tell me?

Michael Black was jailed. He got out. He went to WSU and between his junior and senior year at WSU he was accused of hitting a person in his comp science lab. There are so many Keith Millard stories, too many to tell this eve. Beating up a Dominos driver...we can start there.
I sense this will be like your "I bet you can't even tell the difference between Leach quotes and Wulff quotes" proposition.

But no, find me some of Millard's HS transgressions to chew on, like with Atofau.

And you comparing growing pot to smoking it tells me you're woefully misequipped to judge youthful indiscretion.

You simply want to think Wulff is the only coach with a kid gone "bad"
Not at all. But you made a vociferous defense- "how could Wulff have known he could be trouble? SHOW ME ANYTHING!?"

Then when provided that, you shrug, ignore what it says about Wulff, then find someone, ANYONE associated with Cougar football, who did something like Wulff did, to justify him doing it terribly.

1. I don't know what HS you went to where a kid goes from a 12 year old in Juvi to a HS senior in four years- is this more "3/4 isn't 75%" math? Obviously, he wasn't 12.

2. There wasn't any similarities at all, until you shoehorned your Ball story in for the hundredth time... and then the "similarity" you found was- there are DIFFERENT ways to get informed. Bang up similarity- you know, the "different" kind of similarity.
You tell me how old he was. 13? The article was written before his senior year. I was 17 going into my senior year. So my apologies. He was 13. Now that changes everything.

On number 2, yeah, I suppose there is only your way to have a conversation and go full out reporter like. But as Chinook put it so well, he just listened and you went all defensive. Good work.

I sense this will be like your "I bet you can't even tell the difference between Leach quotes and Wulff quotes" proposition.

But no, find me some of Millard's HS transgressions to chew on, like with Atofau.

And you comparing growing pot to smoking it tells me you're woefully misequipped to judge youthful indiscretion.
I know, since growing it is now legal.

You know..I'll find bot for you... I know it is highly interesting for you.

On number 2, yeah, I suppose there is only your way to have a conversation and go full out reporter like. But as Chinook put it so well, he just listened and you went all defensive. Good work.
Not 12. Probably not 13, either- the kinds of kids who commit robbery in their early teens don't necessarily expedite their classroom experience at a standard pace.

As for the reporter thing, no, your ridiculously stilted, "this is totally how a fan would ask it, when they're AT EASTERN FOR A RECRUITING VISIT" question... That's more plausible.

.Jake I watched your career with interest as I am WSU alumni. I was sure sad when you left. It must have been a tough decision to restart your career in Cheney." Actually no Chinook, it was not hard at all. I had no choice.

Probably just like that. At Eastern.

I know, since growing it is now legal.

You know..I'll find bot for you... I know it is highly interesting for you.
You've never backed up any of the goofy assertions you made before- why start now?

Excuse me...Wulffui. Why are you reading something into the story that isn't there. You really think Chinook would make that up? For what benefit? Maybe he knows beau Baldwin. Maybe it was a chance meeting as he was an invited guest of kids who may end up going to camp. Maybe he was there with a friend whose is very close to Baldwin, and that is how he met Jake Rodgers.

I am sure he like others feel like they were run from the program. That is normal. Why anyone would assume they weren't is beyond me. I prefer to look at it as he left. He didn't want what they were offering. Just like kids who left Wulff's program. Happens all the time. It is par for the course.

I think nookie would make it up. I have no idea why he'd do it. Maybe he likes the attention. Maybe he has nothing better to do. He's told tall tales on this board before.

To your thing, though, Black and Millard are irrelevant, because a) nobody was busy trumpeting that "you can't find ANYTHING in their background to make you think the coach should have thought harder about offering" for those two, like you were with JA, and b), those players actually did stuff ON the field, too.

Not at all. But you made a vociferous defense- "how could Wulff have known he could be trouble? SHOW ME ANYTHING!?"

Then when provided that, you shrug, ignore what it says about Wulff, then find someone, ANYONE associated with Cougar football, who did something like Wulff did, to justify him doing it terribly.
I said show me something. Because you made the claim he should have known. You didn't provide the article, Fab did. You simply said he had a grow operation and he was a bad guy. I asked you ten times where do you get that from.

Then when you didn't even have a clue, you said the coach should have known, simply because he should have known. What did he do from 13-18 that told you his l
You've never backed up any of the goofy assertions you made before- why start now?
Which goofy assertions are you referring to. Chris Ball to DC? Do you really want me to prove it to you? What will that mean to you?

Not 12. Probably not 13, either- the kinds of kids who commit robbery in their early teens don't necessarily expedite their classroom experience at a standard pace.

As for the reporter thing, no, your ridiculously stilted, "this is totally how a fan would ask it, when they're AT EASTERN FOR A RECRUITING VISIT" question... That's more plausible.

.Jake I watched your career with interest as I am WSU alumni. I was sure sad when you left. It must have been a tough decision to restart your career in Cheney." Actually no Chinook, it was not hard at all. I had no choice.

Probably just like that. At Eastern.
Maybe I am missing a post, which is very likely with this new system. But I have gone back and I didn't see it where he remotely mentioned he was on a recruiting visit? No where did he say he was with potential recruits. Please show me where you see that?

I said show me something. Because you made the claim he should have known. You didn't provide the article, Fab did. You simply said he had a grow operation and he was a bad guy. I asked you ten times where do you get that from.

Then when you didn't even have a clue, you said the coach should have known, simply because he should have known. What did he do from 13-18 that told you his l
But I obviously had a clue, because he had transgressions, right?

One can only hope he figured it out. He was given a great opportunity by Butch G, and he was given an opportunity by WSU, and then a college in in Virginia. I hope he steers clear of any problems.

Does this mean you acknowledge that Wulff compromised on character, grades and talent?

Reactions: wulffui
Maybe I am missing a post, which is very likely with this new system. But I have gone back and I didn't see it where he remotely mentioned he was on a recruiting visit? No where did he say he was with potential recruits. Please show me where you see that?
"I didn't lead with anything. I mostly just shook hands, smiled, listened, allowed kids to ask all the questions and then thanked them for their time, took a tour of facilities, watched a practice and left. They were impressed meeting an NFL draft prospect(at the time), though as well as the trophies. Kids seem to like trophies."

Sounds like a recruiting visit to me.

"I didn't lead with anything. I mostly just shook hands, smiled, listened, allowed kids to ask all the questions and then thanked them for their time, took a tour of facilities, watched a practice and left. They were impressed meeting an NFL draft prospect(at the time), though as well as the trophies. Kids seem to like trophies."

Sounds like a recruiting visit to me.
Really, especially the part that says "kids". You know my "kids" took a tour of the facility, they asked questions and they watched a practice. I have two girls. Didn't seem like "recruiting" visit to me.

But I obviously had a clue, because he had transgressions, right?
By what you wrote, no. And I asked four times at least what happened at Bellevue High and you couldn't answer. And are you still saying Barrington had problems at his high school?

To your thing, though, Black and Millard are irrelevant, because a) nobody was busy trumpeting that "you can't find ANYTHING in their background to make you think the coach should have thought harder about offering" for those two, like you were with JA, and b), those players actually did stuff ON the field, too.
Got it...if you do something on the field its ok. Check.

It was really simple. You point to Barrington and JA. Any chance we can come up with something on Andre that a coach was suppose to catch? It would have been very easy for you to say Barrington had issues before and they were documented. You just kept on saying they were growers. And how many kids do you think Leach has taken a chance on? Or does that not really matter?

Really, especially the part that says "kids". You know my "kids" took a tour of the facility, they asked questions and they watched a practice. I have two girls. Didn't seem like "recruiting" visit to me.
I've never, in my life, described my children in a discussion as "kids"- solely kids- the kids, my kids... Yes. But when I say "kids"... I'm usually talking about OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS. Seriously, when you go shopping, do you tell your wife, "I'm taking kids shopping", ever?

I can't tell if you're making up some, or all of this, but it's ridiculous. And your girls didn't ask questions that started a transfer discussion.

Got it...if you do something on the field its ok. Check.

It was really simple. You point to Barrington and JA. Any chance we can come up with something on Andre that a coach was suppose to catch? It would have been very easy for you to say Barrington had issues before and they were documented. You just kept on saying they were growers. And how many kids do you think Leach has taken a chance on? Or does that not really matter?
One out of two- and they both wound up bad. Given that a documented history on Atofau was met with a shrug by Wulff, how do you know he didn't just blow through red flags with Barrington like he clearly did with JA?

Coach takes on a kid with JA's documented, easily accessible history of issues, you give that kid more supervision, not less. I pointed out, I don't think Leach takes that kid. You disagree, but don't have a "Leach blew through his character issues and offered him anyway" example ready- in fact, Jordan Rose would say the exact opposite.

Another coach Wulff failure.

By what you wrote, no. And I asked four times at least what happened at Bellevue High and you couldn't answer. And are you still saying Barrington had problems at his high school?
I was right, you were wrong. Someone else verified that.

I'm OK with that sequence of events.

Unfortunately...and I hate to say this...most all news coming out of WSU athletics is not positive. I think that now that we've finished the new facilities, the wait for positive results is agonizing and not at all guaranteed. Ironically, with all the new money in Pac-12 athletics due to the TV agreement, it may prove to be more difficult for WSU to win than before. All the other schools have some pretty smart people and understand the stakes are much higher.

Reactions: Observer11
I've never, in my life, described my children in a discussion as "kids"- solely kids- the kids, my kids... Yes. But when I say "kids"... I'm usually talking about OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS. Seriously, when you go shopping, do you tell your wife, "I'm taking kids shopping", ever?

I can't tell if you're making up some, or all of this, but it's ridiculous. And your girls didn't ask questions that started a transfer discussion.
I thought you said you are a student at WSU? Why is it ridiculous? I say it all the time. "I picked up the kids". I dropped the kids off. What time are the girls or kids coming home. Interesting take however.

One out of two- and they both wound up bad. Given that a documented history on Atofau was met with a shrug by Wulff, how do you know he didn't just blow through red flags with Barrington like he clearly did with JA?

Coach takes on a kid with JA's documented, easily accessible history of issues, you give that kid more supervision, not less. I pointed out, I don't think Leach takes that kid. You disagree, but don't have a "Leach blew through his character issues and offered him anyway" example ready- in fact, Jordan Rose would say the exact opposite.

Another coach Wulff failure.
You don't think Leach takes that kid? Really? Tell me what you know about Rashard Hunt? How about Julius Howard? Tell me who said the following? "we wait until a guy's guilty" when asked if any discipline will be taken. "But if we're certain somebody's guilty, we may act sooner".

I thought you said you are a student at WSU? Why is it ridiculous? I say it all the time. "I picked up the kids". I dropped the kids off. What time are the girls or kids coming home. Interesting take however.
Yes, you say, "THE kids", never just "kids"- you just did in all these sentences, at least, which is the point I'm making, with regards to how you discuss your children.

Your right, my kids didn't ask about the transfer discussion. If there was a kid from say Maryland, and transferred out to WSU, my kids could have easily said "I watched you play at University of Md, how did you get to WSU? Or I remember you at WSU, how did you get to Eastern? I mean there is a lot of ways to get that in a simple discussion without assuming some nefarious act took place.

Yes, you say, "THE kids", never just "kids"- you just did in all these sentences, at least, which is the point I'm making, with regards to how you discuss your children.
Jesus, again, you have no idea. Instead of asking you assume there was something that he said. How do you know it wasn't a simple typo? How do you know the kids weren't 5th graders? How do you know Chinook isn't a PE teacher letting his kids go see Eastern because his best friend is Beau BAldwin.

As I mentioned, Chinnok has no reason to lie. He could have come out point blank and asked what happened? I just gave you about ten different scenarios. And why is this so important to you? Kids leave all the time. You took such offense that for whatever reason Rodgers didn't feel welcome. That is normal, BTW

Unfortunately...and I hate to say this...most all news coming out of WSU athletics is not positive. I think that now that we've finished the new facilities, the wait for positive results is agonizing and not at all guaranteed. Ironically, with all the new money in Pac-12 athletics due to the TV agreement, it may prove to be more difficult for WSU to win than before. All the other schools have some pretty smart people and understand the stakes are much higher.

This is the most money and most parity the PAC 12 has ever seen. The league has never been this competitive from top to bottom and the gaps between the top and bottom programs are not as wide as they once were.

You know what I'd like to see to level the playing field??? Cut the scholarships from 85 to 80. Spread the talent around. Force schools to actually coach up their kids and make great calls on game day. Not just muscle a team cause your athletes are that much better.

The NFL has a great thing going right now because of its competitiveness driven by the salary cap. The salary cap in the NCAA is the scholarship allotment. Cut it by 5 and watch things get much more interesting.

Jesus, again, you have no idea. Instead of asking you assume there was something that he said. How do you know it wasn't a simple typo? How do you know the kids weren't 5th graders? How do you know Chinook isn't a PE teacher letting his kids go see Eastern because his best friend is Beau BAldwin.

As I mentioned, Chinnok has no reason to lie. He could have come out point blank and asked what happened? I just gave you about ten different scenarios. And why is this so important to you? Kids leave all the time. You took such offense that for whatever reason Rodgers didn't feel welcome. That is normal, BTW
Just let it go. You weren't involved to begin with, so you don't need to gin up weird hypotheticals for someone else.

This is the most money and most parity the PAC 12 has ever seen. The league has never been this competitive from top to bottom and the gaps between the top and bottom programs are not as wide as they once were.

You know what I'd like to see to level the playing field??? Cut the scholarships from 85 to 80. Spread the talent around. Force schools to actually coach up their kids and make great calls on game day. Not just muscle a team cause your athletes are that much better.

The NFL has a great thing going right now because of its competitiveness driven by the salary cap. The salary cap in the NCAA is the scholarship allotment. Cut it by 5 and watch things get much more interesting.
Solid suggestion, couple that with an early signing period and good evaluators work will pay off. Offer early, if they accept get them signed up. If they don't sign, then you know exactly where they stand. If you want to really get radical, make the NFL start paying for the development of these players. Force the issue and have the NFL start a true minor league system. That will take some of the top flight kids out of the equation, but the kids that are in school will be there for a reason.

Just let it go. You weren't involved to begin with, so you don't need to gin up weird hypotheticals for someone else.
I wasn't involved, that is why I am providing you with alternatives for when you "gin up" the conversation that you assumed took place.

I wasn't involved, that is why I am providing you with alternatives for when you "gin up" the conversation that you assumed took place.
Thank goodness you're here to ignore what is said so you can make stuff up.

He's probably TOTALLY best friends with Beau Baldwin.

Does nookie have a reason to tell the truth?

C'mon gibbons, it's an attorney trust account in the State of Washington that means zero risk for such a high rolling attorney like you... E Z cash for you and your family

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT