ADVERTISEMENT

You wanna know why WSU is struggling???

Yet again, you don't know what you're talking about.
I can only relay what he told me from Beau Baldwin's office when he was introduced to me for the first time.

Now, I don't live in Spokane and don't know him other than that short introduction, what I've read in the news and the slanderous charges written about him on this message board. I do hold open the possibility he told you something different.

Last edited:
I can only relay what he told me from Beau Baldwin's office when he was introduced to me for the first time.

Now, I don't live in Spokane and don't know him other than that short introduction, what I've read in the news and the slanderous charges write about him on this message board. I do hold open the possibility he told you something different.
You met a guy the first time for a "short introduction" and led with, "So, why aren't you at WSU anymore?"

Pure class, that one.

Says the guy that can't use a period.

What's next? Are you going to come back with "BURN" or tell me that my mother wears combat boots?
You remind me of the hall monitor who used to tattle on people for not having their hall pass.

Regarding your Rogers comment, that is your opinion...not a fact.

I'll be sure to double check I have added a period to my posts to appease the grammar police.

Last edited:
You met a guy the first time for a "short introduction" and led with, "So, why aren't you at WSU anymore?"

Pure class, that one.
I didn't lead with anything. I mostly just shook hands, smiled, listened, allowed kids to ask all the questions and then thanked them for their time, took a tour of facilities, watched a practice and left. They were impressed meeting an NFL draft prospect(at the time), though as well as the trophies. Kids seem to like trophies.

Now, I don't live in Spokane and don't know him other than that short introduction, what I've read in the news and the slanderous charges write about him on this message board. I do hold open the possibility he told you something different.

Why, oh why, were in in Beau Baldwin's office nookie? Were you looking for a place for uw's castoffs?

You remind me of the hall monitor who used to tattle on people for not having their hall pass.

Regarding your Rogers comment, that is your opinion...not a fact.

I'll be sure to double check I have added a period to my posts to appease the grammar police.

Given your struggles with a keyboard, I'm skeptical you can put on football pads.

I didn't lead with anything. I mostly just shook hands, smiled, listened, allowed kids to ask all the questions and then thanked them for their time, took a tour of facilities, watched a practice and left. They were impressed meeting an NFL draft prospect(at the time), though as well as the trophies. Kids seem to like trophies.

Just a fascinating recruiting method- I've never heard of another coach requesting that current players hosting prospective recruits make why they failed at their initial stop, and not the success they're having at their school now, or other things about the school they're actually visiting, the focus of the recruitment.

I haven't seen anything online. JA was from Rainier Beach area and he moved to Bellevue apparently. Not that is gospel but a client's family members attended Bellevue at that time and they don't recall him being in trouble, but maybe there was something that Wulffui or others can point to that has been documented. I would venture to say the court records are clear. Just out of curiosity what were his other two run ins with the law in Pullman.

I think Atofau lived in SoCal, and moved to Bellevue to live with a relative of some sort. I believe the reason was because he was getting into some trouble down in SoCal. Again, I can't find anything on it now, so apologies if my recollection is inaccurate.

And, I believe his other run ins were an assault, and a minor in possession of alcohol, of some sort.

Just a fascinating recruiting method- I've never heard of another coach requesting that current players hosting prospective recruits make why they failed at their initial stop, and not the success they're having at their school now, or other things about the school they're actually visiting, the focus of the recruitment.
Excuse me...Wulffui. Why are you reading something into the story that isn't there. You really think Chinook would make that up? For what benefit? Maybe he knows beau Baldwin. Maybe it was a chance meeting as he was an invited guest of kids who may end up going to camp. Maybe he was there with a friend whose is very close to Baldwin, and that is how he met Jake Rodgers.

I am sure he like others feel like they were run from the program. That is normal. Why anyone would assume they weren't is beyond me. I prefer to look at it as he left. He didn't want what they were offering. Just like kids who left Wulff's program. Happens all the time. It is par for the course.

Again, not to defend Wulff, but how on earth do you conclude Tuel had his best season under Leach?

2010: 2780 yards, 18 TDs, 12 Ints, 133.3 rating
2012: 2087 yards, 8 TDs, 8 Ints, 119.5 rating

Like I said, it can be debated. But, here's how I see it: He was a senior in a new offense that he wasn't very well suited for. His completion % was better in 2012 than in 2010, and he threw for 2,000 yards in roughly half the season (because him & Halliday kept getting benched for each other). And, he had 3 of his best individual games his senior year, including what was probably the only wins that were actually earned with him as the starter (his other wins were the 2010 Montana State game that their coach/QB handed us, and the 2010 OSU game when the Beavers didn't show up).

C'mon, how would either one of us really know that information? As originally posted, coaches might not directly answer the question because it's their player but typically I would think they indicate in some way if a player had off field stuff. Leaf's off field stuff would have been easy to track down anyway. Ask a few people, ask a couple of frat houses, talk to local police in Pullman and Montana. For Beathard to blame anyone other than the Chargers is ridiculous.
And you believe that kind of "background" check is done on every recruit? What is in Denzel Dotson's background that showed he was a drinker that would drink and drive? It is the age of the internet. I would think someone, anyone could show me where Barrington and Jamal A had problems before arriving to campus.

There doesn't appear to be anything on line. I just don't know how a coach, any coach can know a guy is going to come to campus and start a grow operation. Just as it is impossible for Leach to know that Dotson was going to come to WSU and get a DUI, or Brown get kicked off for his offense. Shouldn't Leach have known? Isn't Brown the nephew or cousin of Snoop Dogg? What is Snoop known for? And if Brown got booted for that, shouldn't Leach have put two and two together? That is so ridiculous.

Last edited:

Pure class, that one.
Wulffui...maybe the conversation went more like this...Jake I watched your career with interest as I am WSU alumni. I was sure sad when you left. It must have been a tough decision to restart your career in Cheney." Actually no Chinook, it was not hard at all. I had no choice. " There are many ways that information could have come out.

Probably not all that dissimilar to how the Chris Ball story was relayed to me.

Last edited:
Here's the article I was looking for on Atofau.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/high-school/bellevue-safety-a-long-way-from-nowhere/

Man, reading that it's really just sad what he did in Pullman.
Here's the article I was looking for on Atofau.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/high-school/bellevue-safety-a-long-way-from-nowhere/

Man, reading that it's really just sad what he did in Pullman.
One can only hope he figured it out. He was given a great opportunity by Butch G, and he was given an opportunity by WSU, and then a college in in Virginia. I hope he steers clear of any problems.

Like I said, it can be debated. But, here's how I see it: He was a senior in a new offense that he wasn't very well suited for. His completion % was better in 2012 than in 2010, and he threw for 2,000 yards in roughly half the season (because him & Halliday kept getting benched for each other). And, he had 3 of his best individual games his senior year, including what was probably the only wins that were actually earned with him as the starter (his other wins were the 2010 Montana State game that their coach/QB handed us, and the 2010 OSU game when the Beavers didn't show up).

He got benched because he wasn't productive. It's not like he lost time because of injury and that's what accounted for the nearly 700 yard discrepancy in passing.

And what were the 3 of his best individual games in '13? He only had 3 games where he threw for more than 20 passes. One was a pretty poor performance against BYU, and one was against EWU.

Excuse me...Wulffui. Why are you reading something into the story that isn't there.
Excuse me- what am I "reading in", other than an apparently accurate (according to the guy who did it, not you, his new proxy) account of Chinook's trip to take prospective recruits to meet Jake Rodgers and others at Eastern? What part of that offends your delicate sensibilities?

One can only hope he figured it out. He was given a great opportunity by Butch G, and he was given an opportunity by WSU, and then a college in in Virginia. I hope he steers clear of any problems.
It's only juvenile detention, covered at length in the state's main paper of record.

HOW COULD WULFF HAVE KNOWN? More straw into gold, Ed.

Wulffui...maybe the conversation went more like this...Jake I watched your career with interest as I am WSU alumni. I was sure sad when you left. It must have been a tough decision to restart your career in Cheney." Actually no Chinook, it was not hard at all. I had no choice. " There are many ways that information could have come out.

Probably not all that dissimilar to how the Chris Ball story was relayed to me.
Seems like what a reporter would ask, not a visitor interested in showcasing Eastern.

Seems like what a reporter would ask, not a visitor interested in showcasing Eastern.
I am sorry, the point more was you have no frickin idea how that information flowed out. There are tons of ways it comes out, and none have a "reporter" feel to it.

I am sorry, the point more was you have no frickin idea how that information flowed out. There are tons of ways it comes out, and none have a "reporter" feel to it.
No, I don't- as such, I refer to the words of THE PERSON WHO RECOUNTED IT, on his statements, not your "well, he probably meant this" BS.

The way you imagine it happened is very reporterly indeed.

It's only juvenile detention, covered at length in the state's main paper of record.

HOW COULD WULFF HAVE KNOWN? More straw into gold, Ed.
I am sorry, did that happen in the state of Washington? Second, how old was the kid? 12? So what you are saying is WSU shouldn't recruit Michael Black, when it was known he was in jail? And his jail time was in a more recent time frame.

We should be happy that he is given the opportunity. Just like many before him. He screwed up. Period end of story.

Your assumption based on absolutely nothing that his story sounds like your Ball story, is both typical and funny.

Tell me more about how it would have been impossible for Wulff to be expected to know about Atofau, though. You were super on point with that one.

No, I don't- as such, I refer to the words of THE PERSON WHO RECOUNTED IT, on his statements, not your "well, he probably meant this" BS.

The way you imagine it happened is very reporterly indeed.
You know, I think he recounted it simply as "that is not what Jake Rodger told him". It was you who went on to fanaticize the manner in which it was told, and my guess very inaccurately.

I am sorry, did that happen in the state of Washington? Second, how old was the kid? 12? So what you are saying is WSU shouldn't recruit Michael Black, when it was known he was in jail? And his jail time was in a more recent time frame.

We should be happy that he is given the opportunity. Just like many before him. He screwed up. Period end of story.
The newspaper article? Yes, right here in the state.

Why should I be happy for his opportunity? He clearly didn't deserve it, and took that opportunity from someone who might have. Just because you were wrong doesn't make the kid more deserving.

You know, I think he recounted it simply as "that is not what Jake Rodger told him". It was you who went on to fanaticize the manner in which it was told, and my guess very inaccurately.
That statement was in direct response to Dgib. Maybe you need to read the whole thread- the context is clear.

Your assumption based on absolutely nothing that his story sounds like your Ball story, is both typical and funny.

Tell me more about how it would have been impossible for Wulff to be expected to know about Atofau, though. You were super on point with that one.
How do you know in the manner "the Ball Story" was told to me. You have no idea where I was and who I was with.

I know, I suppose Wulff could have Googled the story and said "hey, this guy is trouble. Look what he did when he was 12". You truly don't believe Leach hasn't taken a chance on a kid like that?

How do you know in the manner "the Ball Story" was told to me. You have no idea where I was and who I was with.

I know, I suppose Wulff could have Googled the story and said "hey, this guy is trouble. Look what he did when he was 12". You truly don't believe Leach hasn't taken a chance on a kid like that?
Nope, but you can show me where he did to prove me wrong.

Now you're saying there WAS info for Wulff to look at- why shouldn't he have done that? Who else in the PX offered him with his issues?

Was it... NOBODY?

As for the nature of your Ball story, I just think it's funny that you (apparently, according to your earlier post) saw one line of a completely unrelated discussion someone else had, and you were able to reach the conclusion, "yep, probably like my Ball discussion".

Then it turned out you didn't grasp the context of what he said. Classic Ed.

The newspaper article? Yes, right here in the state.

Why should I be happy for his opportunity? He clearly didn't deserve it, and took that opportunity from someone who might have. Just because you were wrong doesn't make the kid more deserving.
Huh...wait a second Mr. Prestine. Me being wrong has nothing to do with it. Yes, I did not know there was an article written about the kid about and what happened to him 6 years before he received an offer from WSU. All I know is from what people who had kids at Bellevue told me. And it was said to me they did not know of any off the field problems while he was at BHS.

Read that again. I was wrong that JA did not have an incident in his past. Granted, it was 6 years prior to him getting the scholie, but I did not know. Should Wulff have known. Sure, I guess what a 12 year old does is material.

As for giving people a chance, with your attitude Michael Black should never have been awarded a scholie. Do you know who Michael Black is? By your logic anyone was a prop 48 should not have been awarded a scholie because they took someone else's scholie. Tell that to Leopn Bender, Chad Eaton.

You know who Keith Millard is? Came from a very tough neighborhood, with a pretty tough past. Walden gave him a scholie. Finally he woke up. Coached in the NFL, became a responsible citizen.

Yeah, you and I are vastly different. What makes WSU special to me is they make those individual calls. They recruit and sign a Michael Black. They get Leon to campus and he graduates. Those are the great stories of Cougar past. Sorry that apparently gets lost on you. JA could have been that great story. Didn't turn out that way at WSU. What's he doing now I wonder?

Copied from the article- clearly, this was a guy Wulff would have been stupid to think might have an issue.

The nights in hotels and shelters. The eight different elementary schools. The fights with his mother’s abusive boyfriend. The lost childhood spent taking care of his three younger siblings. The run-in with a gang that forced his mom to send him to California for his own safety. The father there who put him out on the street. The desperation of the botched robbery that landed him in juvie.

Nope, nothing to see there. Wulff rides again!

Huh...wait a second Mr. Prestine. Me being wrong has nothing to do with it. Yes, I did not know there was an article written about the kid about and what happened to him 6 years before he received an offer from WSU. All I know is from what people who had kids at Bellevue told me. And it was said to me they did not know of any off the field problems while he was at BHS.

Read that again. I was wrong that JA did not have an incident in his past. Granted, it was 6 years prior to him getting the scholie, but I did not know. Should Wulff have known. Sure, I guess what a 12 year old does is material.

As for giving people a chance, with your attitude Michael Black should never have been awarded a scholie. Do you know who Michael Black is? By your logic anyone was a prop 48 should not have been awarded a scholie because they took someone else's scholie. Tell that to Leopn Bender, Chad Eaton.

You know who Keith Millard is? Came from a very tough neighborhood, with a pretty tough past. Walden gave him a scholie. Finally he woke up. Coached in the NFL, became a responsible citizen.

Yeah, you and I are vastly different. What makes WSU special to me is they make those individual calls. They recruit and sign a Michael Black. They get Leon to campus and he graduates. Those are the great stories of Cougar past. Sorry that apparently gets lost on you. JA could have been that great story. Didn't turn out that way at WSU. What's he doing now I wonder?
All of those guys had good coaches who ran their programs, and none of those guys got busted running a grow house.

Atofau had Wulff, and DID get busted running a growing house, a development, that, considering his past, can't be that unexpected.

Really, I don't see a comparison, unless you wanna find me some Keith Millard articles.

And yes, I know who Michael Black is. It's just sad that, to you, he's just another piece of Cougar kindling you toss into your "Wulff was good enough!" fire.

Nope, but you can show me where he did to prove me wrong.

Now you're saying there WAS info for Wulff to look at- why shouldn't he have done that? Who else in the PX offered him with his issues?

Was it... NOBODY?

As for the nature of your Ball story, I just think it's funny that you (apparently, according to your earlier post) saw one line of a completely unrelated discussion someone else had, and you were able to reach the conclusion, "yep, probably like my Ball discussion".

Then it turned out you didn't grasp the context of what he said. Classic Ed.
Oh Wulffui...I am so sorry I will connect the dots for you. If others thought JA was D1 talent they would have certainly overlooked his transgressions of a 12 year old. Do you firmly believe JA was not offered a Pac 10 scholie because he was put in JD when he was 12?

Secondly, you have no idea or the context in which Chinook talked with Jake Rodgers. You have no idea, nor I, how that information came forth. And yes, I brought the Chris Ball story into it because I didn't ask one question about him leaving, his involvement with coach Leach. But the information came out none the less. So there is a similarity...and it is this. Information can be obtained in many different ways than you are describing.

All of those guys had good coaches, ran their programs, and none of those guys got busted running a grow house.

Atofau had Wulff, and DID get busted running a growing house, a development, that, considering his past, can't be that unexpected.

Really, I don't see a comparison, unless you wanna find me some Keith Millard articles
Be more than happy to find you Keith Millard articles. Want me to find you articles about Junior Tupuola as well? I am sorry you live in a bubble. JA got caught. Do you really believe JA is the first Coug that has either grown weed or supplied weed? Is that what you are really trying to tell me?

Michael Black was jailed. He got out. He went to WSU and between his junior and senior year at WSU he was accused of hitting a person in his comp science lab. There are so many Keith Millard stories, too many to tell this eve. Beating up a Dominos driver...we can start there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT