ADVERTISEMENT

Zona

Coug90

Hall Of Fame
Jan 17, 2012
What a turnaround for that program. They won out after beating our asses. They are gonna be a handful for the B12, I’d say an early fav with Utah.

What a turnaround for that program. They won out after beating our asses. They are gonna be a handful for the B12, I’d say an early fav with Utah.
Yeah, pretty amazing.

No. 14 Arizona Forces 6 Turnovers, Rallies to Beat No. 12 Oklahoma 38-24 in Alamo Bowl.​

They have been very active and done a great job at recruiting....NIL program, etc.

Once JDL went done, the team chemistry and performance seemed to pick up w/ Fifita at the helm.

Fifita, on the season, had a 72.4% completion rate, ahead of the Heisman winner, and seemed to spark that team.

Last edited:
So you’re saying we lost to a GOOD Arizona team?
I said it at the time. Not to brag but I said they would win out after they beat us. The 9.5 point line in that game was silly. I’m not a gambler but if there was one bet over this last season I wish i would have put everything on it was that one. I didn’t think we’d get blown out like we did but I knew we weren’t beating them by double digits. The Stanford line was crazy too, 13 I think?! If you like placing bets with your team there were some fat pitches this year with the Cougs.

When you look at this Arizona team, you can't help but wonder what could have been if Fifita had been the starter all year. JDL had four picks in the overtime loss to Mississippi State. Would Fifita have been better? Would the extra snaps have made a difference in their close losses to UW and USC?

What's interesting is that Arizona pummeled us, wrecked Utah, crushed ASU....but struggled against a pretty mediocre Colorado team. Football is fickle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT