ADVERTISEMENT

Another Portal Entry

JDL needs to sit on the bench, and get back up playing time, until the SHOULD BE STARTER Guarantano is gone after the season.

Then Next season after this coming season, IF JDL beats out Cooper he starts. If not he JDL waits until he is a Junior, Senior, and Cooper is gone, to be the starter.

You dont bring in a comparable QB to Peyton Manning in College, that put up TOP 10 rub elbows with Peyton Manning, STATS, against the best defenses in the country in the SEC, only to not start them, not start a Peyton Manning(College).

And if you do not start a Peyton Manning Stat Wise, and Start a True Sophmore JDL instead, you better be right, and JDL had better not be bad again, be the cause of lots of losses, or its your BUTT on the EXTREME HOT SEAT.

Also you dont bring in the #2 HS QB in the Entire Nation that is a 5, FIVE STAR QB, to then not start them.

You dont have the 5 star Transfer QB that WSU had to beat out many BLUE BLOODS FOR, Not start.

And you dont not start the TOP 10 PASSER IN ALL OF UNIVERSITY OF. TENNESSEE 100 year History.

If you do NOT start that, and start JDL or COOPER instead, THEN YOUR A BONEHEAD HC.

I don't think the UT fans are too upset with Guarantano leaving the program. I hope he comes in and lights it up for the Cougars, but his 5-star rating was coming out of HS four years ago. He had an inconsistent career at UT and the fact that he is a top 10 passer only means he's thrown more passes than MOST Tennessee QBs of the past. More passing attempts = more yards & completions. (See Anthony Gordon & Connor Halliday).

I don't think Rolo should make up his mind on a starting QB at this point. Let them all battle it out in the fall and let the best man win. Guarantano obviously didn't do enough in the spring to win the job outright. I'd say he's the early favorite to start, but if he doesn't, it won't be because the coach is a "bonehead".

It's not unlike the year Leach brought in Gubrud. Many fans thought he would just be handed the QB starting position because he was so good at EWU. It didn't happen. Gordon emerged as the starter and never lost the job.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Right now we have no clue what JdL will look like in fall camp, having missed spring ball. We don't know how well Guarantano will look in a new system, or how fast he will pick it up. We also don't know if the light is ready to switch on for Cooper. Most of the "development" that a QB needs is not physical (though some strength helps and those of you who don't like JdL's throwing mechanics may disagree). Most of the required development is between the ears, and that is ALWAYS what makes recruiting guesses tough. We could handicap the likely starting QB...but ultimately it is all a guess, and none of the three has zero chance of starting.

Also you dont bring in the #2 HS QB in the Entire Nation that is a 5, FIVE STAR QB, to then not start them.

You dont have the 5 star Transfer QB that WSU had to beat out many BLUE BLOODS FOR, Not start.

And you dont not start the TOP 10 PASSER IN ALL OF UNIVERSITY OF. TENNESSEE 100 year History.

If you do NOT start that, and start JDL or COOPER instead, THEN YOUR A BONEHEAD HC.
You get you are talking about someone who had talent in high school and hasn’t done anything close to being the number two player coming out of high school. .

leave the high school accolades in the trophy room at home . Doesn’t mean squat when you are in college . Ask Ark Hall.

JDL needs to sit on the bench, and get back up playing time, until the SHOULD BE STARTER Guarantano is gone after the season.

Then Next season after this coming season, IF JDL beats out Cooper he starts. If not he JDL waits until he is a Junior, Senior, and Cooper is gone, to be the starter.

You dont bring in a comparable QB to Peyton Manning in College, that put up TOP 10 rub elbows with Peyton Manning, STATS, against the best defenses in the country in the SEC, only to not start them, not start a Peyton Manning(College).

And if you do not start a Peyton Manning Stat Wise, and Start a True Sophmore JDL instead, you better be right, and JDL had better not be bad again, be the cause of lots of losses, or its your BUTT on the EXTREME HOT SEAT.
Comparing Guanantano to Peyton Manning is honestly one of the most ridiculous football related things that I've ever read on this board. Virtually every Tennessee fan was happy to see Guarantano leave. I'm talking over 95% of them.

Please, and I'm being serious here, go post this comparison on a couple of the Vol message boards and link it to this thread so I can follow the responses.

Comparing Guanantano to Peyton Manning is honestly one of the most ridiculous football related things that I've ever read on this board. Virtually every Tennessee fan was happy to see Guarantano leave. I'm talking over 95% of them.

Please, and I'm being serious here, go post this comparison on a couple of the Vol message boards and link it to this thread so I can follow the responses.

Stop knee jerking, musunderatanding what I and others say.

Guarantano STATISTICALLY STATICALLY IN COLLEGE IN COLLEGE, was in the TOP 10 PASSERS IN ALL OF UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE 100+ YEAR HISTORY STATISTICALLY.

Peyton Manning was also in the Top 10.

Guarantano put up SIMILAR STATS to Peyton Manning.

Guarantano RUBBED ELBOWS STATISTICALLY with Peyton Manning in the Tennessee all time top 10 passers statistically list.

In that way, STATISTICALLY Guarantano is comparable, like Peyton Manning.

That is NOT saying he is Peyton Manning, or that he would supposedly go to the NFL, etc.

But the LARGER point you again missed is this:

1. Guarantano was the #2 QB in the nation, a five star, coming out of HS, back in the day.

2. Guarantano made the Tennessee all time top 10 passer STATISTICALLY list, RUBBING ELBOWS with Peyton Manning STATISTICALLY.

3. Guarantano when he transfered had a LOT of Blue Blood Programs after him, and WSU had to beat out those blue bloods for him.

4. Whenever you bring in a player with the above credentials, you are bringing them in to START.

5. If you dont start them, and instead start JDL instead, who is still relatively inexperienced, and had a semi bad year last year, then you had better be right, and JDL had better not lose a lot of games, or its your AZZ as the HC on the line, for not starting Guarantano with such AWESOME credentials.

Thats the point. Not knee jerking about statistically comparing him to Peyton Manning.

Its a point you missed.

You get you are talking about someone who had talent in high school and hasn’t done anything close to being the number two player coming out of high school. .

leave the high school accolades in the trophy room at home . Doesn’t mean squat when you are in college . Ask Ark Hall.
You are dating yourself. Hall was in the 2005 recruiting class and was just a three star QB. Three star QB's bust all the time. I am guessing quite a few here don't even know who Arkelon Hall is. Probably better to use someone like four star Tyler Bruggman from the 2013 class, who was a total bust. At least Hall transferred to Memphis and became a starter there.

Again another someone with reading comprehension problems.

You cited just 1 thing I said out of context.

You missed the part where I pointed out that Guarananto was, is 1 of the TOP 10 PASSERS STATISTICALLY in all of the UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE'S 100+ HISTORY.

He Guarantano RUBBED ELBOWS STATISTICALLY with Peyton Manning, who also made the Top 10 list, just like Guarantano did.

TO GO WITH THAT, When Guarantano decided to enter the Transfer Portal, a lot of BLUE BLOODS TRIED TO GET HIM.

NOW DUH GEE DUH GEORGE, I duh wonder why a lot of BLUE BLOODS tried to get Guarantano when he entered the Transfer Portal.

Its because of how good Guarantano is, has done in making the Top 10 passer list, rubbing elbows with Peyton Manning.

I'm pretty sure the Blue bloods that wanted him, when he entered the Portal, THOUGHT:

"Ok, 1. He was the #2 QB in the whole nation coming out of highschool. COMBINED WITH 2. He made the Top 10 QB list statistically, rubbed elbows with Peyton manning, statistically, who also made that top 10 list. And 3. Other blue bloods are interested in him. 4. His College Video of him at the University of Tennessee looks good. 5. The Tennessee coaches, players have pointed out a lot of good things about him. 6. Based on all that we(The Blue Blood), should also offer him like the other blue bloods.".

Its not only that Guarantano was the #2 QB out of HS. Your right that THAT BY ITSELF CAN NOT MEAN MUCH.

But in this case, Guarantano lived up to his ON PAPER #2 QB IN NATION POTENTIAL, by making the Top 10 QB, Passer list at Tennessee. If he hadnt met those expectations, that potential, Blue Bloods wouldnt have been trying to get Guarantano, when he entered the Transfer Portal.

And in case your gona say, then if he is so good, then why did he transfer from Tennessee?

Tennessee was, is a MESS. he Guarantano has had MULTIPLE head coaches, assistant coaches, no stability, no consistency to help him.

He had no, CRAP WR's, No, CRAP O LINE. CRAP DEFENSE, CRAP COACHES, but despite that still made the Top 10 passer list, rubbed elbows with Peyton Manning on that top 10 list.

So altho he put up all those wonderful stats, he didnt win a lot, and was semi inconsistent(But for good, legit reasons(Crap coaching, crap o line, crap RB, crap WR, Crap defense)(not lack of ability, talent, etc)

And WSU had to beat out all the blue bloods for Guarantano.

Whenever you bring in a QB as good as Guarantano, with Guarantano's Experience, Stats, Talent, Credentials, etc, YOU START THEM.

If they then dont produce, then you replace them with JDL, Cooper.

But you dont not start them at the beginning and instead start a STILL RELATIVELY INEXPERIENCED, QB, that was SEMI BAD last year over a QB the CALIBER, AWESOMENESS, EXPERIENCE, STATS, ETC, of Guarantano.

That would be a BONEHEADED thing to do.

And if you do that, then you had better be right, and JDL had better not lose games, or its your Azz on the line as HC for stupidly starting JDL over such a awesome QB like Guarantano.

Thats a valid point. You can stop knee jerking, overreacting to that valid point, and stop trying to be defensive in behalf of Rolo.

Thats what you, others did when Paul Wulf was coach.

Whenever someone made a valid point, like the point I am making about why Guarantano should be the starter, you and others would get defensive in Paul Wulf's behalf.

Well Stop. The point I am making is valid.

Oh and I am not saying Rolo is Paul Wulf either.

You are dating yourself. Hall was in the 2005 recruiting class and was just a three star QB. Three star QB's bust all the time. I am guessing quite a few here don't even know who Arkelon Hall is. Probably better to use someone like four star Tyler Bruggman from the 2013 class, who was a total bust. At least Hall transferred to Memphis and became a starter there.

Bruggman wasnt a 5 star, like Guarantano was, is. Also Bruggman was ranked at about the #9 to #11 to #13 to #15 QB out of highschool

Guarantano was the #2 QB in the WHOLE NATION coming out of Highschool.

Thats a LOT better then Bruggman's 4 star, 9th to 15th in nation.

Also Guarantano MET, LIVED UP to his hype, expectations, on paper potential, etc, didnt BUST, by making the Top 10 passer list at Tennessee, and by rubbing elbows with Peyton Manning who also made that list.

So comparing him, Guarantano to Hall or Bruggman isnt valid.

Closest comparison, would be Bledsoe, who was the #1 QB in the nation, coming out of highschool.

Oops cant use that because Bledsoe lived up to met expectations.

I suspect that there arent that many #2 QB's in whole entire nation coming out of highschool that didnt live up to, didnt meet expectations, and BUST.

I know it happens, but its rare, or at least rarer then Ed thinks.

But be that as it is, its a MOOT, MUTE POINT, as Guarantano Lived up to, met his #2 QB in Nation coming out of HS, by via Guarantano making the Top 10 University of Tennessee Top 10 passing list, and rubbing elbows with Peyton Manning, who also made the list.

Hot mom added at least one, maybe two stars to Bruggman.

Ed’s usual vintage is 1983. He’s making progress.

Ark Hall was an elite 11 qb... and he was going to toast the Pac 12 ... so his dad said. Plenty of elite 11 qbs went on to do very good things that year ...

But my bad ... I guess the point would have been better made if I simply said many fours stars don’t pan out and when they step on campus they need to leave the hype behind them .

Hot mom added at least one, maybe two stars to Bruggman.
You sound like mik. She added one , could be two or three but no more than four or five . But I do agree she added to his recruitment for sure .

Ark Hall was an elite 11 qb... and he was going to toast the Pac 12 ... so his dad said. Plenty of elite 11 qbs went on to do very good things that year ...

But my bad ... I guess the point would have been better made if I simply said many fours stars don’t pan out and when they step on campus they need to leave the hype behind them .
What happened with hall anyways? What numbers did he ended up putting up?

Bruggman wasnt a 5 star, like Guarantano was, is. Also Bruggman was ranked at about the #9 to #11 to #13 to #15 QB out of highschool

Guarantano was the #2 QB in the WHOLE NATION coming out of Highschool.

Thats a LOT better then Bruggman's 4 star, 9th to 15th in nation.

Also Guarantano MET, LIVED UP to his hype, expectations, on paper potential, etc, didnt BUST, by making the Top 10 passer list at Tennessee, and by rubbing elbows with Peyton Manning who also made that list.

So comparing him, Guarantano to Hall or Bruggman isnt valid.

Closest comparison, would be Bledsoe, who was the #1 QB in the nation, coming out of highschool.

Oops cant use that because Bledsoe lived up to met expectations.

I suspect that there arent that many #2 QB's in whole entire nation coming out of highschool that didnt live up to, didnt meet expectations, and BUST.

I know it happens, but its rare, or at least rarer then Ed thinks.

But be that as it is, its a MOOT, MUTE POINT, as Guarantano Lived up to, met his #2 QB in Nation coming out of HS, by via Guarantano making the Top 10 University of Tennessee Top 10 passing list, and rubbing elbows with Peyton Manning, who also made the list.
Luke Falk is WSU’s all-time record holder in 4 of the 5 statistics tracked in our record book. He’s 4th in the other category.
Falk, Alex Brink, Connor Halliday, and Timm Rosenbach appear in all 5 of the record categories.
Drew Bledsoe, Jason Gesser, Ryan Leaf, and Jack Thompson each only appear in 4 of the 5. Bledsoe rises no higher than 6th in any of them. Gesser no higher than 4th, Leaf & Thompson no higher than 5th.
Jeff Tuel and Anthony Gordon are also top 10 in 4 of the categories.

So, using your logic, Jeff Tuel is comparable to Drew Bledsoe.

Also using your logic, the fantasy conversations here about who would QB the WSU all-time team - which have generally been dominated by Leaf, Bledsoe, and Gesser - should actually be dominated by Falk, Brink, Rosenbach, and Halliday. Because apparently comparable statistics mean comparable players, so Luke Falk must be the greatest QB in WSU history.

Next time we build a fantasy team, I expect we’ll see Falk as your starter.

Luke Falk is WSU’s all-time record holder in 4 of the 5 statistics tracked in our record book. He’s 4th in the other category.
Falk, Alex Brink, Connor Halliday, and Timm Rosenbach appear in all 5 of the record categories.
Drew Bledsoe, Jason Gesser, Ryan Leaf, and Jack Thompson each only appear in 4 of the 5. Bledsoe rises no higher than 6th in any of them. Gesser no higher than 4th, Leaf & Thompson no higher than 5th.
Jeff Tuel and Anthony Gordon are also top 10 in 4 of the categories.

So, using your logic, Jeff Tuel is comparable to Drew Bledsoe.

Also using your logic, the fantasy conversations here about who would QB the WSU all-time team - which have generally been dominated by Leaf, Bledsoe, and Gesser - should actually be dominated by Falk, Brink, Rosenbach, and Halliday. Because apparently comparable statistics mean comparable players, so Luke Falk must be the greatest QB in WSU history.

Next time we build a fantasy team, I expect we’ll see Falk as your starter.
Rosie was before his time . Could you imagine him in Chip Kelly’s offense . He was the perfect fit .

Rosie was before his time . Could you imagine him in Chip Kelly’s offense . He was the perfect fit .
Hard to say. That offense depends a lot on QB reads and decisions that he never had to make. I'm not sure we've had a QB who had the full set of tools for that.

Tuel was never a #2 QB in Nation out of Highschool, was never a 5 star QB like Guarantano was, is.

Tuel also didnt transfer, but if had transfered, Tuel wouldnt have gotten all the Blue Bloods after him, like what happened with Guarantano.

And if Falk, Gordon, had had another year, and had transfered via the portal, all the blue bloods would have been after them.

And if Falk, Gordon, had transfered to a place like WSU with a similar QB situation to WSU's QB situation, where the place had similar QB's like JDL, Cooper.

I guarantee if that had happened, that the HC of the place that Falk, Gordon were to transfer to, would NOT start a JDL, COOPER, over a Falk, Gordon, Guarantano, and would Start a Falk, Gordon, Guarantano over a JDL, Cooper.

Your missing the effing point.

1. Guarantano is a Good Enough Passer to be statistically compared to top 10 QB's, statistically like, Peyton Manning, Dtew Bledsoe, Ryan Leaf, Rosie, Gesser, Falk, Gordon, Brink, Thompson, Rypien, Clete Casper, etc.

Does that mean he Guarantano is that good? No, he isnt that good. But he Guarantano with those STATS, IS EFFIN GOOD ENOUGH, EXPERIENCED ENOUGH, etc, COMBINED with his 5 star ranking, and #2 QB in nation, and having a lot of effin BLUE BLOODS trying to get him, after he entered the Transfer Portal. All those things effin combined together, effin shows that he Guarantano has high enough STATS, is EXLERIENCED enough, and GOOD ENOUGH to SHOULD START OVER JDL, COOPER, and SHOULD with a NFL o Line, NFL RB, NFL WR, etc, win about 6 to 9 games.

Only a MORON HC would start a JDL, Cooper over a Guarantano, Falk, Gordon, Brink, Gesser, Rosie, Thompson, Clete Casper, Mark Rypien, Drew Bledsoe, Matt Kegel, Ryan Leaf, a Top 10 Tennessee, WSU passer.

And if a MORON HC does start a JDL, Cooper over that, then they had better be effin right, and JDL, Cooper had better not lose between some to a lot of games, cause only to win 3,4,5 games, etc, or else its the Moron coaches Azz on the HOT SEAT, Firing line for not starting that transfer over JDL, Cooper.

Its a valid point, and a point you all keep on either missing, an or silly dismissing, defending against.

Hard to say. That offense depends a lot on QB reads and decisions that he never had to make. I'm not sure we've had a QB who had the full set of tools for that.
Rosie came to WSU as an option qb , so he made the same reads out of give veer. The only difference is where he is lined up .

Rosie came to WSU as an option qb , so he made the same reads out of give veer. The only difference is where he is lined up .
Rosie wasn't much of a student. Not sure he would have been able to make complex reads in a split second.

Tuel was never a #2 QB in Nation out of Highschool, was never a 5 star QB like Guarantano was, is.

Tuel also didnt transfer, but if had transfered, Tuel wouldnt have gotten all the Blue Bloods after him, like what happened with Guarantano.

And if Falk, Gordon, had had another year, and had transfered via the portal, all the blue bloods would have been after them.

And if Falk, Gordon, had transfered to a place like WSU with a similar QB situation to WSU's QB situation, where the place had similar QB's like JDL, Cooper.

I guarantee if that had happened, that the HC of the place that Falk, Gordon were to transfer to, would NOT start a JDL, COOPER, over a Falk, Gordon, Guarantano, and would Start a Falk, Gordon, Guarantano over a JDL, Cooper.

Your missing the effing point.

1. Guarantano is a Good Enough Passer to be statistically compared to top 10 QB's, statistically like, Peyton Manning, Dtew Bledsoe, Ryan Leaf, Rosie, Gesser, Falk, Gordon, Brink, Thompson, Rypien, Clete Casper, etc.

Does that mean he Guarantano is that good? No, he isnt that good. But he Guarantano with those STATS, IS EFFIN GOOD ENOUGH, EXPERIENCED ENOUGH, etc, COMBINED with his 5 star ranking, and #2 QB in nation, and having a lot of effin BLUE BLOODS trying to get him, after he entered the Transfer Portal. All those things effin combined together, effin shows that he Guarantano has high enough STATS, is EXLERIENCED enough, and GOOD ENOUGH to SHOULD START OVER JDL, COOPER, and SHOULD with a NFL o Line, NFL RB, NFL WR, etc, win about 6 to 9 games.

Only a MORON HC would start a JDL, Cooper over a Guarantano, Falk, Gordon, Brink, Gesser, Rosie, Thompson, Clete Casper, Mark Rypien, Drew Bledsoe, Matt Kegel, Ryan Leaf, a Top 10 Tennessee, WSU passer.

And if a MORON HC does start a JDL, Cooper over that, then they had better be effin right, and JDL, Cooper had better not lose between some to a lot of games, cause only to win 3,4,5 games, etc, or else its the Moron coaches Azz on the HOT SEAT, Firing line for not starting that transfer over JDL, Cooper.

Its a valid point, and a point you all keep on either missing, an or silly dismissing, defending against.
Just a casual defense of your point from 2000 miles away from tennessee...it SEEMS that Guarantano also had to deal with some unsettled coaching and revolving schemes at old UT duringnhis time there. And, is Guarantano Italian for guarantee? Because if so, all this talk of anybody but him starting is moot. That's all I have to say about that.

Just a casual defense of your point from 2000 miles away from tennessee...it SEEMS that Guarantano also had to deal with some unsettled coaching and revolving schemes at old UT duringnhis time there. And, is Guarantano Italian for guarantee? Because if so, all this talk of anybody but him starting is moot. That's all I have to say about that.

Yep like I said, he has had MULTIPLE Head Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Schemes, Systems.

Also CRAP OL, CRAP WR, CRAP RB's, and CRAP defense, thats why he was semi inconsistent.

But despite that he Guarantano still made the Top 10 Passing list, rubbed elbows statistically with Peyton Manning, and managed to get a LOT of Blue Bloods after him, when he entered the Transfer Portal.

That combined with being a 5 star QB, and #2 QB out of HS, and NFL scouts scouting him, interested in him, all the above combined together is why he is that good, good enough, experienced enough to SHOULD START over a JDL, Cooper, unless the Head Coach is a Moron and starts JDL, Cooper instead.(Not saying Rolo is a Moron. Not saying Rolo should be fired, and Rolo, WSU should win 5.5 to 8 wins, but if Rolo stupidly starts JDL, Cooper over Guarantano, then he had better be right, and JDL, Cooper had better not lose some to a lot of games, or its Rolo's Azz on the HOTSEAT, FIRING LINE, for not starting Guarantano, if that were to happen (Not saying that those things will happen. Rolo will probably start Guarantano), or unless Guarantano gets injured, and or gets suspended, or booted off team, etc(Like JDL, Hector, etc)

And this is a valid point. And its why Guarantano is, will be the starter(99.999% chance, Probability)

Because you dont bring in a QB of Guarantano's Caliber, to not start them. And I dont think Rolo is stupid, and so because of that wont stupidly not start Guarantano.

Everybody can Stop getting defensive in JDL's, Cooper's, Rolo's behalf, and stupidly defend not starting Guarantano over JDL, Cooper.

Yep like I said, he has had MULTIPLE Head Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Schemes, Systems.

Also CRAP OL, CRAP WR, CRAP RB's, and CRAP defense, thats why he was semi inconsistent.

But despite that he Guarantano still made the Top 10 Passing list, rubbed elbows statistically with Peyton Manning, and managed to get a LOT of Blue Bloods after him, when he entered the Transfer Portal.

That combined with being a 5 star QB, and #2 QB out of HS, and NFL scouts scouting him, interested in him, all the above combined together is why he is that good, good enough, experienced enough to SHOULD START over a JDL, Cooper, unless the Head Coach is a Moron and starts JDL, Cooper instead.(Not saying Rolo is a Moron. Not saying Rolo should be fired, and Rolo, WSU should win 5.5 to 8 wins, but if Rolo stupidly starts JDL, Cooper over Guarantano, then he had better be right, and JDL, Cooper had better not lose some to a lot of games, or its Rolo's Azz on the HOTSEAT, FIRING LINE, for not starting Guarantano, if that were to happen (Not saying that those things will happen. Rolo will probably start Guarantano), or unless Guarantano gets injured, and or gets suspended, or booted off team, etc(Like JDL, Hector, etc)

And this is a valid point. And its why Guarantano is, will be the starter(99.999% chance, Probability)

Because you dont bring in a QB of Guarantano's Caliber, to not start them. And I dont think Rolo is stupid, and so because of that wont stupidly not start Guarantano.

Everybody can Stop getting defensive in JDL's, Cooper's, Rolo's behalf, and stupidly defend not starting Guarantano over JDL, Cooper.

Everyone said the same thing when Leach brought in the kid from Eastern in 2019. No way that he'd sign unless he was going to be the starter.....and he barely took a snap that year. Nobody knows who's going to start at QB.

Everyone said the same thing when Leach brought in the kid from Eastern in 2019. No way that he'd sign unless he was going to be the starter.....and he barely took a snap that year. Nobody knows who's going to start at QB.
GABRUDE didn’t rub elbows with Paytin Mannings

Gage also got injured at the worst possible time. No telling what might have happened if he had not gotten hurt.

Good Lord man, if anyone is "stupidly" making assumptions on who should start, it's you. If Guarantano wins the job, then he'll start. If he doesn't, he won't. I don't give a damn what his recruiting credentials were out of high school. I've watched too many examples to name where "can't miss" prospects at USC, Stanford, UW, etc. don't get it done at the collegiate level.

If the argument for Guarantano's struggles at UT is that it was due to how many different systems he was forced to play under, how does heading thousands of miles away to play in yet another, completely different system alter his previous trajectory?

Look, I don't care who starts at QB or any other position. JDL and Guarantano were both highly regarded kids in high school. If they emerge from Fall camp in a neck and neck battle, then I would personally start JDL. The only way I'd choose Guarantano as the starter would be if he outperforms JDL. I'm sure as Hell not starting a one and done kid based on a so-so SEC career. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Gage also got injured at the worst possible time. No telling what might have happened if he had not gotten hurt.

It's easy to forget how quickly Tinsley and Cooper were dropped out of the QB1 battle. Gubrud and Gordon duked it out until the last week of camp. I suspect Leach *wanted* Gubrud to win the job but Gordo won out and didn't surrender the spot.

History would likely be different if Gage was healthy all spring and Gordon was suspended.

My suspicion is that Rolovich *wants* Guarantano or Cooper to step up and win the job. Both are better off field leaders who need to get up to speed on the field. It'll be really interesting to see who wins the respect of the roster. Handicapping the field I'd say De Laura is the best at firing up the team on GameDay. Guarantano has the best work ethic/preparation. Cooper does the best at keeping folks out of trouble.

Reactions: mikalalas
You’ve all got me suddenly pulling for Victor Gabalis. Kid is taking over in fall ball, bank on it.

Good Lord man, if anyone is "stupidly" making assumptions on who should start, it's you. If Guarantano wins the job, then he'll start. If he doesn't, he won't. I don't give a damn what his recruiting credentials were out of high school. I've watched too many examples to name where "can't miss" prospects at USC, Stanford, UW, etc. don't get it done at the collegiate level.

If the argument for Guarantano's struggles at UT is that it was due to how many different systems he was forced to play under, how does heading thousands of miles away to play in yet another, completely different system alter his previous trajectory?

Look, I don't care who starts at QB or any other position. JDL and Guarantano were both highly regarded kids in high school. If they emerge from Fall camp in a neck and neck battle, then I would personally start JDL. The only way I'd choose Guarantano as the starter would be if he outperforms JDL. I'm sure as Hell not starting a one and done kid based on a so-so SEC career. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

1. Your taking 1, ONE THING, and only going by it(The 5 star, #2 QB in Nation thing, coming out of HS. Of course using ONLY JUST THAT to decide if he is going to be the favorite to start, or should start is, would be silly)

2. Ed does that, only uses, takes 1 thing, that is said out of context. You, others are being just like Ed

3. Making the TOP 10 PASSING LIST STAT WISE, and RUBBING ELBOWS with PEYTON MANNING STAT WISE, ON THAT TOP 10 LIST, DESPITE being SEMI inconsistent, because of Multiple coaches, systems, AND SHIT OL, SHIT RB, SHIT WR(YOU MISSED THAT PART), and having NFL SCOUTS being interested in you, him, and AND A LOT OF BLUE BLOODS trying to get him, that WSU HAD TO FCKING BEAT OUT, IS NOT BEING FCKING SO SO, like you EDIOTICALY SAID, ITS ACTUALLY BEING PRETTY DAMN FCKING GOOD.

4. You others only go by 1 thing. 1 person only uses the #2 QB in Nation, coming out of Highschool thing. Another only uses the making the Top 10 list. Seemingly nobody is USING IT ALL COMBINED TOGETHER, EXCEPT ME, AND A COUPLE, FEW, SOME.

A. There is the #2 QB in nation coming out of highschool. 90% of time, those dont bust, and actually end up pretty good.

COMBINED WITH AND

B. Making the TOP 10 PASSERS LIST STAT WISE, RUBBING ELBOWS with PEYTON MANNING, STAT WISE

COMBINED WITH AND

C. THAT BEING DONE IN THE SEC, AND THE BEST DEFENSES IN THE ENTIRE NATION

COMBINED WITH AND

D. Having NFL scouts being interested in him.

COMBINED WITH AND

E. HAVING A LOT OF BLUE BLOODS TRY TO GET HIM, WHEN HE ENTERED THE TRANSFER PORTAL, THAT WDU HAD TO FCKING BEAT OUT TO GET HIM

COMBINED WITH AND

F. Since he technically was semi inconsistent, that was due to SHIT COACHES, SHIT COACHING, MULTIPLE COACHES, SHIT OL, SHIT WR, SHIT RB, ETC.

ALL THOSE THINGS COMBINED TOGETHER SHOWS THAT GUARANTANO IS A GOOD EXPERIENCED QB, that SHOULD START OVER JDL, COOPER, SHOULD BE CONSIDERED THE FAVORITE.

YOU DONT BRING IN SUCH A GOOD EXPERIENCED QB, to not start him over a RELATIVELY INEXPERIENCED QB's like JDL, who had a BAD YEAR, got suspended, etc.

Some point to Gabrud. That was a Totally different situation.

1. He did what he did against WEAK defenses, not BEST IN NATION DEFENSES IN SEC.

2. He got injured.

3. Gordon, Tinsley were a lot better, then JDL, COOPER.

Like I said, if your not going to start Guarantano, you had better have a PRETTY FCKING DAMN GOOD REASON, AND HAD BETTER BE RIGHT, AND IF START JDL OVER GUARANTANO, JDL HAD BETTER NOT LOSE A LOT OF GAMES, AND GUARANTANO HAD BETTER NOT WOULD HAVE WON MORE GAMES, OR ITS THE HEAD COACHES AZZ ON THE HOTSEAT, FIRING LINE.

Rosie wasn't much of a student. Not sure he would have been able to make complex reads in a split second.
CougEd wasn't much of a student either.
Says 4 years wasn't enough time for WSU to get a read on 9-40 football.

Gordon and Tinsley were old men comparatively speaking by the time any of us watched them practice. JDL had 6 weeks of reps before he took the field vs. Oregon State in the most unorganized season in college football history.

Some of you guys are exhausting to listen to on here.

I don't think the UT fans are too upset with Guarantano leaving the program. I hope he comes in and lights it up for the Cougars, but his 5-star rating was coming out of HS four years ago. He had an inconsistent career at UT and the fact that he is a top 10 passer only means he's thrown more passes than MOST Tennessee QBs of the past. More passing attempts = more yards & completions. (See Anthony Gordon & Connor Halliday).

I don't think Rolo should make up his mind on a starting QB at this point. Let them all battle it out in the fall and let the best man win. Guarantano obviously didn't do enough in the spring to win the job outright. I'd say he's the early favorite to start, but if he doesn't, it won't be because the coach is a "bonehead".

It's not unlike the year Leach brought in Gubrud. Many fans thought he would just be handed the QB starting position because he was so good at EWU. It didn't happen. Gordon emerged as the starter and never lost the job.

Glad Cougar

Again someone who is only looking at ONE thing, instead of ALL THE THINGS COMBINED

Only looking at TOP 10 Passing list.

Yeah if only look at top 10 passing list, then the Stats could be inflated, etc, what you said.

If only look at #2 QB in Nation coming out of HS, 5 star QB, then yeah that not enough in by itself.

BUT:

#2 QB in nation PLUS AND COMBINED TOGETHER WITH:

TOP 10 passer list PLUS COMBINED WITH:

NFL SCOUTS INTERESTED IN HIM

PLUS COMBINED WITH:

A LOT OF BLUE BLOODS TRYING TO GET HIM, ONCE HE ENTERED THE TRANSFER PORTAL THAT WSU BEAT OUT.

ALL THE ABOVE COMBINED TOGETHER AND NOT JUST ONLY 1 THING EQUALS HE GUARANTANO IS A PRETTY DAMN GOOD QB, that is good enough and EXPERIENCED enough to SHOULD START, BE FAVORED TO START over JDL, Cooper.

If Rolo starts JDL, Cooper over that, he had better have a good reason and BETTER be right

Its ok to start Guarantano and be wrong, because thats the least risky, safest pick, and he Guarantano SHOULD do good as the starter.

JDL, Cooper is more RISKY, UNSAFE. Even if for some strange reason JDL, Cooper miraculously wins the starting Job, they have a higher chance of not doing good as the starter then Guarantano. So because of that, if you start JDL, Cooper over Guarantano, and take that big a risk, over the safer bet, hoping for a bigger return, you better be right. Its not ok to be wromg in that situation, if your wrong, when you could have started the safer bet.

I mean suppose Rolo does start JDL over Guarantano, and suppose JDL loses a lot of games, and suppose Guarantano walks on to a NFL Roster and Makes a NFL ROSTER, ALA like the Chris Ivory RB situation,(After All Guarantano has had NFL scouts interested in him), ROLO would look stupid for not starting Guarantano over JDL

This is why you go with the safe, smart bet, and start Guarantano over JDL, unless have good reason not to, and only if your willing to be fired, if you choose the riskier Pick, and if it ended up being the wrong pick.

Also Gubrud was a different situation

Gubrud did whatvhe did vs WEAK DEFENSES.

GUARANTANO made the Top 10 passing list vs the BEST DEFENSES IN THE COUNTRY IN THE SEC.

Gubrud got injured at the worst time, making it harder to start.

Gordon was way better competition for Gubrud, then JDL, Cooper is for Guarantano

Guarantano is the favorite. He should start. Its his starting Job to lose. And only way Guarantano doesnt start, is if get injured bad enough, gets suspended, etc, or some pretty fcking good damn reason comes up to not start him. All of which are not BLOODY DAMN LIKELY TO HAPPEN.

SO ITS BLOODY DAMN LIKELY GUARANTANO STARTS.

Also I guarantee to you that thecSPORTS MEDIA, EXPERTS, NFL SCOUTS, OPPOSING COACHES, PLAYERS, OTHER TEAM, ALMOST EVERYBODY, EVERYONE not on this board, and not Rolo, etc, have pretty much penciled in Guantano as the starter.

Pick up any, all college football magazine, Ken Pom, go thru it all, they have Guarantano penciled in as the vert likely starter.

Now why is that?

Could it be that they know that Guarantano is that good, over JDL who was CRAP last year, etc

It's easy to forget how quickly Tinsley and Cooper were dropped out of the QB1 battle. Gubrud and Gordon duked it out until the last week of camp. I suspect Leach *wanted* Gubrud to win the job but Gordo won out and didn't surrender the spot.

History would likely be different if Gage was healthy all spring and Gordon was suspended.

My suspicion is that Rolovich *wants* Guarantano or Cooper to step up and win the job. Both are better off field leaders who need to get up to speed on the field. It'll be really interesting to see who wins the respect of the roster. Handicapping the field I'd say De Laura is the best at firing up the team on GameDay. Guarantano has the best work ethic/preparation. Cooper does the best at keeping folks out of trouble.

First Scrimmage of Spring Practice, Guarantano steps in, new to everything and only went perfect 8 for 8 for 100 yards, no interceptions, 2 TD's, 23 Yard TD pass. JDL, Cooper did crap compared to that. That says it all

First Scrimmage of Spring Practice, Guarantano steps in, new to everything and only went perfect 8 for 8 for 100 yards, no interceptions, 2 TD's, 23 Yard TD pass. JDL, Cooper did crap compared to that. That says it all

Oh and the last guy to have a perfect or near perfect 8 for 8 100 yards, no incompletions, no INT's, 2 TD's, 1 23+ yard TD Pass, etc, in either a spring or fall practice scrimmage or spring game, etc, like what Guarantano did in the first scrimmage of spring practice, was Gardner Minshew, that went on to win the starting job. Also Gubrud, Gordon also had pretty good scrimmage performances, and they fought til the last day of fall practice, before gameday, to determine the starter.

I think that says a lot about Guarantano's chances of being the starter.

1. Your taking 1, ONE THING, and only going by it(The 5 star, #2 QB in Nation thing, coming out of HS. Of course using ONLY JUST THAT to decide if he is going to be the favorite to start, or should start is, would be silly)

2. Ed does that, only uses, takes 1 thing, that is said out of context. You, others are being just like Ed

3. Making the TOP 10 PASSING LIST STAT WISE, and RUBBING ELBOWS with PEYTON MANNING STAT WISE, ON THAT TOP 10 LIST, DESPITE being SEMI inconsistent, because of Multiple coaches, systems, AND SHIT OL, SHIT RB, SHIT WR(YOU MISSED THAT PART), and having NFL SCOUTS being interested in you, him, and AND A LOT OF BLUE BLOODS trying to get him, that WSU HAD TO FCKING BEAT OUT, IS NOT BEING FCKING SO SO, like you EDIOTICALY SAID, ITS ACTUALLY BEING PRETTY DAMN FCKING GOOD.

4. You others only go by 1 thing. 1 person only uses the #2 QB in Nation, coming out of Highschool thing. Another only uses the making the Top 10 list. Seemingly nobody is USING IT ALL COMBINED TOGETHER, EXCEPT ME, AND A COUPLE, FEW, SOME.

A. There is the #2 QB in nation coming out of highschool. 90% of time, those dont bust, and actually end up pretty good.

COMBINED WITH AND

B. Making the TOP 10 PASSERS LIST STAT WISE, RUBBING ELBOWS with PEYTON MANNING, STAT WISE

COMBINED WITH AND

C. THAT BEING DONE IN THE SEC, AND THE BEST DEFENSES IN THE ENTIRE NATION

COMBINED WITH AND

D. Having NFL scouts being interested in him.

COMBINED WITH AND

E. HAVING A LOT OF BLUE BLOODS TRY TO GET HIM, WHEN HE ENTERED THE TRANSFER PORTAL, THAT WDU HAD TO FCKING BEAT OUT TO GET HIM

COMBINED WITH AND

F. Since he technically was semi inconsistent, that was due to SHIT COACHES, SHIT COACHING, MULTIPLE COACHES, SHIT OL, SHIT WR, SHIT RB, ETC.

ALL THOSE THINGS COMBINED TOGETHER SHOWS THAT GUARANTANO IS A GOOD EXPERIENCED QB, that SHOULD START OVER JDL, COOPER, SHOULD BE CONSIDERED THE FAVORITE.

YOU DONT BRING IN SUCH A GOOD EXPERIENCED QB, to not start him over a RELATIVELY INEXPERIENCED QB's like JDL, who had a BAD YEAR, got suspended, etc.

Some point to Gabrud. That was a Totally different situation.

1. He did what he did against WEAK defenses, not BEST IN NATION DEFENSES IN SEC.

2. He got injured.

Like I said, if your not going to start Guarantano, you had better have a PRETTY FCKING DAMN GOOD REASON, AND HAD BETTER BE RIGHT, AND IF START JDL OVER GUARANTANO, JDL HAD BETTER NOT LOSE A LOT OF GAMES, AND GUARANTANO HAD BETTER NOT WOULD HAVE WON MORE GAMES, OR ITS THE HEAD COACHES AZZ ON THE HOTSEAT, FIRING LINE.
"2. Ed does that, only uses, takes 1 thing, that is said out of context. You, others are being just like Ed"....IF YOU ARE GOING TO REFERNCE MY NAME PLEASE USE ALL CAPS AS YOU DO IN OTHER POSTS. Thank you.

Oh and the last guy to have a perfect or near perfect 8 for 8 100 yards, no incompletions, no INT's, 2 TD's, 1 23+ yard TD Pass, etc, in either a spring or fall practice scrimmage or spring game, etc, like what Guarantano did in the first scrimmage of spring practice, was Gardner Minshew, that went on to win the starting job. Also Gubrud, Gordon also had pretty good scrimmage performances, and they fought til the last day of fall practice, before gameday, to determine the starter.

I think that says a lot about Guarantano's chances of being the starter.
Ummm...I think you are missing the point. Maybe he did have the best spring. But he being a five star Qb out of high school is way in the rear view mirror. If you say he has the physical tools great, but his high school ranking clearly doesn't mean squat this far into his college career.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT