ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona makes it official.

WTF are they doing down there? This will be 3 HC's in essentially 4 years for those kids. Total crap.

Arizona has become one of the P5 schools where coaches go to see their career die.

Craig Bohl when Harsin says "no". If both say no, Bill Clark is worth a look. So is Lance Leipold.

Funniest part about it is that Arizona promoted their defensive coordinator to interim head coach. The same guy who gave up 70 points yesterday.

Reactions: 79COUG
WTF are they doing down there? This will be 3 HC's in essentially 4 years for those kids. Total crap.
You suggesting they stick with him after having 70 dropped on them by their rivals? Hell not even CPW could pull that one off.

You suggesting they stick with him after having 70 dropped on them by their rivals? Hell not even CPW could pull that one off.

Im suggesting they hire a good coach. It amazes me how bad some of these guys are for the money they are paid. It amazes me that admin are this bad at hiring the right guy.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
UW not near good enough from 2008 to 2011 to lay a 70 burger on Paul Saban.

Paul Saban would've survived 0-12 in 2009 and or even Pete Carroll laying 70 or 80 in the Possum Bowl. It would've been job suicide for Sterk - Sterk wouldn't been permitted to hire a 3rd football coach.

If Pete Carroll had put up a 90 burger in the Possum Bowl - some definite consternation but nobody there on the scene to pull the trigger. Tedford and Mike Riley and good ol' Bill Doba took the blame for the 60 burgers in 2008

Problem with putting up a 70 burger on your rival in a non COVID year is risking one of your players getting hurt on a personal foul penalty.

UW not near good enough from 2008 to 2011 to lay a 70 burger on Paul Saban.

Paul Saban would've survived 0-12 in 2009 and or even Pete Carroll laying 70 or 80 in the Possum Bowl. It would've been job suicide for Sterk - Sterk wouldn't been permitted to hire a 3rd football coach.

If Pete Carroll had put up a 90 burger in the Possum Bowl - some definite consternation but nobody there on the scene to pull the trigger. Tedford and Mike Riley and good ol' Bill Doba took the blame for the 60 burgers in 2008

Problem with putting up a 70 burger on your rival in a non COVID year is risking one of your players getting hurt on a personal foul penalty.
Why is every point total a “burger?”

I’d think they’d take a run at Graham Harrell. he could recruit Texas and Cali and it would hurt SC. Unless they replace Helton with graham this may be one of few opportunities available this year so he may jump on it.

Funniest part about it is that Arizona promoted their defensive coordinator to interim head coach. The same guy who gave up 70 points yesterday.
That's Paul Rhoads who was the previous Iowa State coach and in his final year got rid of Mark Mangino as OC (a morbidly obese coordinator in a dispute and leaving in mid season? Never happen again).
Rhoads then promoted Todd Sturdy to interim OC for Iowa State.

Sturdy & Rhoads then brought in Paul Saban as volunteer assistant.

Some suspected Kevin Sumlin's A&M success was just a freaky good class from Tim DeRuyter's guys, including Manziel. That turned out to be 100% true. Manziel, in particular, is the type of generational athlete who can take a game over. They also had the big TE go to the NFL who was instrumental in the @Alabama victory.

Some suspected Kevin Sumlin's A&M success was just a freaky good class from Tim DeRuyter's guys, including Manziel. That turned out to be 100% true. Manziel, in particular, is the type of generational athlete who can take a game over. They also had the big TE go to the NFL who was instrumental in the @Alabama victory.
Sumlin did well at Houston as well.

Sumlin did well at Houston as well.

Houston metro is loaded with talent. Might be the best metro area for talent in the nation. Briles won there, Sumlin won there, I think Herman was there too... Even Applewhite and Levine won there. That school is dying to get into the Big 12 or SEC.

Houston metro is loaded with talent. Might be the best metro area for talent in the nation. Briles won there, Sumlin won there, I think Herman was there too... Even Applewhite and Levine won there. That school is dying to get into the Big 12 or SEC.
Are you saying Tucson ISN'T a hotbed of 5-star football talent?!

Are you saying Tucson ISN'T a hotbed of 5-star football talent?!

Tucson is a hotbed. Not for talent.

And typically Im not a big believer in proximity to talent being a huge factor in why teams are good. There are plenty of examples of schools that have no talent around them winning and teams with nothing but talent around them losing.

For UH, I think the depth of talent there helps. Not that kids are turning down P5 teams to stay home... I think there are so many kids there that the P5 teams miss on enough to fuel UH into a consistent winner.

If UH had a guy that was a good coach that stayed for 20 years.. I could see that guy with north of 160 wins, maybe even 180 wins in that time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT