ADVERTISEMENT

Best Ticket Seating options for Cheezit Bowl?

Aug 18, 2003
Anyone know where the Cougar tickets that can purchased through WSU will be located? Wondering if I buy my seats through WSU or on line elsewhere. I remember the WSU section not being very good when I've purchased through WSU in the past and I'm under 500 for CAF level.

Anyone know where the Cougar tickets that can purchased through WSU will be located? Wondering if I buy my seats through WSU or on line elsewhere. I remember the WSU section not being very good when I've purchased through WSU in the past and I'm under 500 for CAF level.

The seating map says the temporary seats will be behind the Pac-12 team's sideline. It's a baseball stadium, so it's going to be weird.

https://www.fiestabowl.org/documents/2019/8/15//2019-20-CIB-Pricing-Maps_Ticket-Pricing.pdf?id=427

If it's like the Holiday bowl it'll be in sections 309 and 310...

Reactions: Suudy
If it’s like the rest of our bowl games, the best seats available will be anything purchased from anywhere other than the WSU ticket office.

If it’s like the rest of our bowl games, the best seats available will be anything purchased from anywhere other than the WSU ticket office.
Congrats loyal cougar donor! As a thank you for your support we'd like to offer you your pick of corner end zone, 200 level seats! And you'll only pay 25% more than other ticket outlets!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Suudy

Yeah. Stubhub and Vividseats would be where to look for cheaper tickets, especially if you’re patient.

Yep. Nearly EZ for me at Alamo Bowl, at $100+ each. I got 50 yd line seats through StubHub for $50 each. Screw the WSU and CAF for bowl seating.

If you can stand the wait, buy them morning of, when people (scalpers) are dropping price to get rid of them on stubhub, et al. There will be plenty of seats avail.

We are thinking about buying a pair of the cheapest tickets from WSU just to help sell out our allotment (wife is working and we can't go). Hope that sucks up a pair of the worst seats.

We are thinking about buying a pair of the cheapest tickets from WSU just to help sell out our allotment (wife is working and we can't go). Hope that sucks up a pair of the worst seats.
It's a tough thing. Buy the tickets, and WSU/CAF continue to screw us over. Don't buy the tickets (and send a big FU email), and you hurt the team. I don't know how to get CAF to actually start treating those of us who donate better, but I think the pocketbook might be the best place. My complaints, both emails and phone calls, have been ignored for years. I sent a nasty gram last year about my overpriced, crappy EZ seats, and didn't get a word back.

It's a tough thing. Buy the tickets, and WSU/CAF continue to screw us over. Don't buy the tickets (and send a big FU email), and you hurt the team. I don't know how to get CAF to actually start treating those of us who donate better, but I think the pocketbook might be the best place. My complaints, both emails and phone calls, have been ignored for years. I sent a nasty gram last year about my overpriced, crappy EZ seats, and didn't get a word back.
don't buy the tickets, send extra money to the CAF.

The madness has to stop.

Starting with the second Holiday bowl I've resigned myself to buy two thru WSU and buy two good seats on stub hub.

I called our ticket office and just as I thought the Coug assigned sections are not good as in the past. So I bought tickets through the cheezitbowl2019.com website instead. Will purchase a couple crappy seats through CAF and donate as I’ve done in the past. Looking forward to some fun in old town Scottsdale. Go Cougs!!!

whelp, I was going to recommend Donovans Steak and Chop house for those with some extra $$ to burn, but it closed in '18.

Its a shame, that was a damn fine place. Where we always went when we traveled to ASU to watch the Cougs; ribeye to DIE for.

I see the WSU side has the temporary seats in right field. About the same price as the AF side, permanent stands on the 3rd base line, for 50 yard line seats. Sorry, but I'll do the permanent stands, figuring better seating, access, concessions and restrooms.

I see the WSU side has the temporary seats in right field. About the same price as the AF side, permanent stands on the 3rd base line, for 50 yard line seats. Sorry, but I'll do the permanent stands, figuring better seating, access, concessions and restrooms.
Christ, the bleachers? Seriously?

Let me qualify this statement by stating up front that I’m not going (most likely). It’s too tough for me with high school kids and their myriad obligations that compete for my attention. With that said...

I’ve been to a lot of away games and bowl games. Tickets allotted to the schools are rarely that good. I prefer better seats when I can get them. But not at the expense of sitting with the enemy. I’ll choose the Coug seats before doing that. Especially for away games.

My first strategy with bowl games for a while now has been to try and get the best seats that I can on the Coug side of the field and as near the Coug section that I can. You’re around more Cougs, closer to the band and cheerleaders. It just feels like the best alternative for me. Not a lot of help with this game as that means sitting in temporary bleachers this year. But if I were going I’d still do that rather than being surrounded by the opposing team or a bunch of folks at the game because some business gave them tickets. Feels more like a Coug game to me when I’m around my own.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT