ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Ward bidding war thread

So, uw teams that finished with 1, 2, and 4 wins (2004, 2005, 2007) were superior to the Wisconsin team?

Shitting the bed in the Apple Cup is no more unusual than WSU just shitting the bed.
The 2007 UW team probably wasn’t that much different. They had 4 wins but played the toughest schedule in the country and lost a lot of close games. It’s nothing against Ward, and your continuation of the “hating” narrative is getting childish. With every one of these threads you are starting to sound like the uncle of that CB from a few years ago. Wards a good player and has NFL talent, but plenty to clean up with his game if he’s gonna make a roster. I wish he was back for another year but excited to see what Mateer can do.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
Brink played plenty well enough to win the 2006 AC. The defense and special teams didn’t. Brink actually ran some of our best offenses pre-Air Raid, but was saddled with such miserable defense that we couldn’t get past 6-6. I can’t see saddling him with our missing a bowl in 2006.

I have an easier time doing it in 2007, when he threw 6 interceptions and was completely useless against Oregon state. But he came out the next week and played probably his best game against UW.
so what you're saying is that you don't like watching guys recruited to play the 43 run the 52, or 34, or 46, or whatever other mad scheme Doba was coming up with due to injury?

Ugh, I'd forgotten how bad it had gotten, so thanks for that...

The 2007 UW team probably wasn’t that much different. They had 4 wins but played the toughest schedule in the country and lost a lot of close games. It’s nothing against Ward, and your continuation of the “hating” narrative is getting childish. With every one of these threads you are starting to sound like the uncle of that CB from a few years ago. Wards a good player and has NFL talent, but plenty to clean up with his game if he’s gonna make a roster. I wish he was back for another year but excited to see what Mateer can do.
Childish like your hypocrisy?

To return to the topic Cam Ward is down to two teams. One that lost 63-3 to Georgia, and another who lost to Rutgers? Lmao.

Dear flatland ahem, ‘coug’

It’s become clear you can’t read and/or you’re just a blatant liar.

Your hypersensitivity seems to have overtaken logic and maturity.

How am I a blatant liar or can't read? And hypersensitive? Jesus Christ, you are the one on here acting all butthurt that we aren't worshipping at the feet of Cam Ward. The dude was great at times....and terrible at times.

Someone mentioned the uncle up above. Are you related to Cam because you're picking a weird hill to die on. I get that the kid is hoping to get paid and that's why he's leaving, but all bullsh!t aside, if he really feels like he's an NFL QB, he could have been a true Coug and stayed. What's going to be hilarious is if he dicks around and ends up getting jack squat because of greed. And he keeps talking about testing the NFL and my advice to him is don't. He needs to take what money he can get now.

I'll bet you a $100 donation to the CAF that Cam Ward is not on an NFL roster in three years. QB's that run backwards down the field don't stay on rosters. The NFL is often referred to as "Not For Long" and Cam is one of those guys. FWIW, I respect the fact that Cam appears to be a good kid who kept his nose clean at WSU. I'm just glad that he's gone and we can move on to the next guy, good bad or ugly. All BS aside, Cam has already proven that he wasn't good enough to get us to a bowl game.

So....you can take your reading comprehension, lying and hypersensitivity and stick it where the sun don't shine.

How am I a blatant liar or can't read? And hypersensitive? Jesus Christ, you are the one on here acting all butthurt that we aren't worshipping at the feet of Cam Ward. The dude was great at times....and terrible at times.

Someone mentioned the uncle up above. Are you related to Cam because you're picking a weird hill to die on. I get that the kid is hoping to get paid and that's why he's leaving, but all bullsh!t aside, if he really feels like he's an NFL QB, he could have been a true Coug and stayed. What's going to be hilarious is if he dicks around and ends up getting jack squat because of greed. And he keeps talking about testing the NFL and my advice to him is don't. He needs to take what money he can get now.

I'll bet you a $100 donation to the CAF that Cam Ward is not on an NFL roster in three years. QB's that run backwards down the field don't stay on rosters. The NFL is often referred to as "Not For Long" and Cam is one of those guys. FWIW, I respect the fact that Cam appears to be a good kid who kept his nose clean at WSU. I'm just glad that he's gone and we can move on to the next guy, good bad or ugly. All BS aside, Cam has already proven that he wasn't good enough to get us to a bowl game.

So....you can take your reading comprehension, lying and hypersensitivity and stick it where the sun don't shine.
WSU went to the LA Bowl last year.

So....let me edit my last post....he wasn't good enough to get us to a bowl game every year....and he's the first QB to fail to do so in a full season since 2014.
And 11 points at home against….Stanford….woulda done it.

So, do you have an answer to why you heap praise on Brink and crap on Ward?
Saying he played fine/well is heaping crap? Interesting interpretation. I’m not going to play the reading comprehension card on you because you are a smart guy, but cmon man, be better.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Saying he played fine/well is heaping crap? Interesting interpretation. I’m not going to play the reading comprehension card on you because you are a smart guy, but cmon man, be better.
My reading comprehension informed my that you put “Brink” and “Legendary” in the same paragraph.

My reading comprehension informed my that you put “Brink” and “Legendary” in the same paragraph.
Yup. Won 3 ACs remind me who else did. The game I referred to he threw for 400 and 5 TDs including a 50 yd game winner, remind me who else has done that at UW besides Leaf. Yeah, I’ve got no problem attaching legendary to some of his highlights. Quit being petty, nobody’s being mean to Cam, just calling a spade a spade.

Anyone who has watched Shark Tank knows shopping an offer has a high probability of losing said offer.

Cam was a decent QB at WSU. He wasn’t great by any means. There were stretches where he really played well and then also stretches were he played poorly and made poor decisions with the ball. I wish him well at whatever he chooses in the future. But he is not among the elite level of QB’s that have played at WSU. Not even close.

Reactions: Coug90
Well I always called Brink "Noodle Arm". But how many Legendary Coug QB's beat the mutts 3 games out of 4. Or even twice?

Just sayin'
How many had opportunities to play uw teams that finished 10th, 10th, 9th and 10th in the league? And remember there were 10 teams in the league.

How many had opportunities to play uw teams that finished 10th, 10th, 9th and 10th in the league? And remember there were 10 teams in the league.
You might have a point had Cam not just lost to and scored 7 points against Stanford.

The RB, receivers, TE, and OL were too.

Price and Doba couldn’t figure out how to make a bowl with mediocre defense.
not really. Harrison and Tardy, bumpus/Gibson. Cody Boyd I think at TE? Not bad for WSU standards. The OLine wasn’t great but we’ve had a great OLine a handful of times in 100 years.

The defense was bad and the team had some horrible timing with turnovers and such from what I can remember.

Reactions: Cougini5591
Btw he’s declaring for the draft. Interesting decision, will be really curious to see where he goes. I’d guess 5th round. I think he’d have been better off staying in college another year particularly with the bunches of highly rated QBs entering the draft this year.

You might have a point had Cam not just lost to and scored 7 points against Stanford.
Well, if you care about winning, in 25 starts Ward posted 12 wins. In 40 starts Brink posted 17. And as I’ve said, the crown jewel in Brink’s legacy (amongst the posters on this board anyway) is three wins against terrible uw teams.

Brink’s best win was against Oregon in 2006. Ward had two wins of the same caliber during the 2023 season.

And I’d really love to read the camparisons between the rosters in the Brink era versus the Ward era.

not really. Harrison and Tardy, bumpus/Gibson. Cody Boyd I think at TE? Not bad for WSU standards. The OLine wasn’t great but we’ve had a great OLine a handful of times in 100 years.

The defense was bad and the team had some horrible timing with turnovers and such from what I can remember.
Way better than the talent in 2022 and 2023. Hill, Gibson and Bumpus all spent time in the NFL. Do you really think Watson is anywhere near Harrison and Tardy? Bieneman and Boyd were both way better than anyone on the roster. And yes, I’d take Armstrong, Lightbody, Mihlhauser, Byrd are all far superior to anyone Ward played with. I’d probably take Micah Hannam, Dan Rowlands and Kenny Alfred over the guys Ward played with.

Well, if you care about winning, in 25 starts Ward posted 12 wins. In 40 starts Brink posted 17. And as I’ve said, the crown jewel in Brink’s legacy (amongst the posters on this board anyway) is three wins against terrible uw teams.

Brink’s best win was against Oregon in 2006. Ward had two wins of the same caliber during the 2023 season.

And I’d really love to read the camparisons between the rosters in the Brink era versus the Ward era.
I never praised Brink for his entire body of work. He’s in AC folklore as the only player to win 3, along with two pretty memorable moments. I wouldn’t say the rosters were that different. My guess would be Ward had the better defenses.

I never praised Brink for his entire body of work. He’s in AC folklore as the only player to win 3, along with two pretty memorable moments. I wouldn’t say the rosters were that different. My guess would be Ward had the better defenses.
C’mon. How many NFL guys did Brink play with compared to Ward. It’s not a contest.

Well I always called Brink "Noodle Arm". But how many Legendary Coug QB's beat the mutts 3 games out of 4. Or even twice?

Just sayin'
How many Cougar QB's played the mutts for 4 years when they didn't have a winning record. Somehow he managed not to sweep them, despite the fact we were the better team 4 straight years.

Way better than the talent in 2022 and 2023. Hill, Gibson and Bumpus all spent time in the NFL. Do you really think Watson is anywhere near Harrison and Tardy? Bieneman and Boyd were both way better than anyone on the roster. And yes, I’d take Armstrong, Lightbody, Mihlhauser, Byrd are all far superior to anyone Ward played with. I’d probably take Micah Hannam, Dan Rowlands and Kenny Alfred over the guys Ward played with.
You and I agree here, the way you responded on that post (the D was shit) I thought you were saying the receivers and backs were (shit) too. Clearly they weren’t. Offensively Brink had more to work with than Ward.

C’mon. How many NFL guys did Brink play with compared to Ward. It’s not a contest.
Well 1. Probably shouldn’t be since Brink played 4 years and Ward 2. On average he should have at least twice as many. 2. We don’t know how many NFL guys ward will have played with for a few years.

Dont act like Brink was playing with a roster full of crazy talent though, it may have been better but not by a huge margin.

How many great Coug QB's lost to inferior mutt teams?

And you guys slay me. Fighting over Ward vs Brink? Might as well resume the Mencke vs Birnbaum fight.

• Haha
Reactions: Flatlandcoug
As to the NIL, I feel like CW has I'd himself past the point of being un-f'd.

Also, I've heard ZERO talk about CW as a NFL prospect.

Again, can't help but wonder if Dickerson is advising him.
I like to check out tankathon.com for their NFL draft ratings and mock draft predictions. They are constantly doing updates and revisions as the seasons go along and accounting for NFL trades. Here is their current QB rating:

Caleb Williams
Drake Maye
Jaydon Daniels
Bo Nix
JJ McCarthy*
Michael Penix*
Clinton Ewers*

* QB playing in the College Football Playoffs today.

Can Ward was rated about 5th or 6th for a time earlier in the season, then dropped off their list. Rating time was probably after OSU or so, and then dropping off after a couple bad weeks, especially UCLA.

I have Cody Boyd's WSU Travel bag. Got it at a surplus sale. His name and number on the tag.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT