ADVERTISEMENT

Cole Dubots or Clay Markoff?

My hope is that Deon McIntosh grabs the spot along side of Max and the 2 Frosh can eat up some snaps so Dubots can return to LB. His speed is much needed at LB and was on display last year on Kickoff/Punt coverage.

Reactions: earldacoug
I'm hoping to see Markoff in the backfield for some short yardage downs. The LB's would have to be well prepared to cover the inside receivers with a fullback lined up in front of them....

Reactions: 79COUG and kayak15
I'm hoping to see Markoff in the backfield for some short yardage downs. The LB's would have to be well prepared to cover the inside receivers with a fullback lined up in front of them....
Markoff, the return of the double TE look with extra tackles, Kassidy Woods as a much taller slot threat, Gubrud and Gordon can both run a bit, this offense has some possible flexibility if Leach chooses to use it

Markoff, the return of the double TE look with extra tackles, Kassidy Woods as a much taller slot threat, Gubrud and Gordon can both run a bit, this offense has some possible flexibility if Leach chooses to use it

A 7 man OL would shock the conference. I would cheer. I would cheer louder if it came with Stack I backs with 2 DT's in the backfield. That's a short yardage offense.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
One other thing on the fun stuff we saw a few years ago that kinda went away: that stuff was from when Graham Harrell was here. I think USC may have lucked into a good thing with him. That's not to say that Helton won't screw it up, but all the same, I'm glad we miss them

One other thing on the fun stuff we saw a few years ago that kinda went away: that stuff was from when Graham Harrell was here. I think USC may have lucked into a good thing with him. That's not to say that Helton won't screw it up, but all the same, I'm glad we miss them

Helton will screw it up. A pass first offense just isn't football down there. They wanna have a big time feature back, student body left and right, 43 defense with a big front 7 and fast DBs. Could they be a dominant air raid team and set college football on fire? Yes. SC being an air raid team could do what Alabama has done. Will they do it? I doubt it. Honestly, Texas and Miami could do the same thing. It's the ability to capitalize on your location in the middle of huge talent bases.

Gotta go with Markoff here. He has displayed great hands for catching the ball, a bit of burst and not to mention the guy is just a wrecking ball. He is one of those blue collar, brick-house built dudes that will continue to mow people over with a broken leg, ruptured spleen and a missing arm. I'll take one of those players any day of the week.

From what little I know of McDougle, I think he would like to try this!
What DT would see the old William Perry footage and say 'nah, I'd rather just keep eating double teams so other guys can make the plays. Touchdowns are for show ponies?'

My hope is that Deon McIntosh grabs the spot along side of Max and the 2 Frosh can eat up some snaps so Dubots can return to LB. His speed is much needed at LB and was on display last year on Kickoff/Punt coverage.

Dubots, as a running back, can still contribute to special teams, but I suspect McIntosh's arrival might mean that Jamir Thomas ends up at linebacker. We shall soon see.

Dubots, as a running back, can still contribute to special teams, but I suspect McIntosh's arrival might mean that Jamir Thomas ends up at linebacker. We shall soon see.
I am hoping to see Dubots back at linebacker next spring. Unless there are injuries (knocking on wood) he's probably not passing Borghi or McIntosh on the depth chart. Too much speed to not get on the field other than some random carries and of course special teams.

Jamir is a freight train. I'm hoping he fills in the Gerard Wicks battering ram role.

While we're speculating about athletes at safety, I'm still super curious about Ross and Nunn. I was excited about both of them as recruits, and it seems like positions are now available.

Anybody have a sense who are starting back will be, replacing Williams?

You should check this out. There's a rumor WSU has a couple transfers joining the team: a running back (Keith Lincoln) and a corner (Cleofus Cullors). I've heard they're outstanding prospects.

You should check this out. There's a rumor WSU has a couple transfers joining the team: a running back (Keith Lincoln) and a corner (Cleofus Cullors). I've heard they're outstanding prospects.

And Boom! Just like that RB went from position of least depth to plenty of depth:

1. Borghi

2. Deon McIntosh

3. Keith Lincoln

4. Jamir

5. Clay Markoff

6. Dubot(Should move to LB)

The QB, Babe Parelli, throws a nice ball. Any chance Leach can pick him up as a graduate transfer? He’s a 2-star, but looks more like a 3.37 or 3.42 star.
How about that Johnny Hadl? Clean cut kid....Leach might take a chance on him.

Reactions: YakiCoug
Shame Yaki. Now we will hear how Keith Lincoln is a high 3,4 low 5 star recruit.

Just heard about another bigtime transfer - a d-lineman and another "Keith" (Keith London). He is going to terrorize Pac-12 o-lines this season.

Keith Lincoln passes away at 80. I hope I live that long.
dadmkqdw0b1r5tni4yjx.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT