ADVERTISEMENT

Dogs are done

I think it has more to do with the move to recruit faster defenses. It's the Oregon effect. The Pac12 has fallen in love with finesse offense and small, nickel defenses.

Interesting theory. However Washington did not get beat today because their defense was steam-rolled ( although it did happen some in the 4th Q). They did not have a chance in the game because of their inept offense.

They only had a 190 yards of offense and crossed the 50 yd line only once in the game before they managed to cross it again with only a minute left in the game.

Alabama's offense is about as vanilla as it gets. UW did well in spots, but Alabama moved the ball between the tackles when they needed to.

I get it, sometimes tough to be objective when it comes to the hated dawgs. The defense did more than enough to win today. Held Bama to their second lowest point total offensively, 9 tfl, second lowest total yardage on the year, etc.

Last year we had a very good Pac 12 defense but not a good Pac 12 offense. This year they made great strides and were a top notch Pac 12 offense but need to take next steps to overcome a great defense like Bama.

Last edited:
Im watching OSU, Bama and Clemson... Their kids are easily 20 pounds of muscled bigger then every PAC 12 team I saw play this year. Dunno about SC but then SC gave up almost 60 to Bama...

PAC 12 isn't getting it done in the weight room.

I'm not sure about the rest of the SEC, but 'Bama is bigger, stronger, and faster than every Pac-12 team. Clemson is too.

I get it, sometimes tough to be objective when it comes to the hated dawgs. The defense did more than enough to win today. Held Bama to their second lowest point total offensively, 9 tfl, second lowest total yardage on the year, etc.

Last year we had a very good Pac 12 defense but not a good Pac 12 offense. This year they made great strides and were a top notch Pac 12 but need to take next step to overcome a great defense like Bama.

Alabama with a veteran QB would have put 44-plus points on this 1991 mutt defense. You're lucky it was this close. Hang your dawgfather hat on that.

Alabama with a veteran QB would have put 44-plus points on this 1991 mutt defense. You're lucky it was this close. Hang your dawgfather hat on that.
I recommend you hydrate tonight. Happy New Year!

You are dreaming that team is a year away . You will see major early departures to the NFL draft- Baker and Ross for starters.
Yeah, Peterson is a good coach and will keep UW in the upper third of the PAC, but there's lots to replace for a UW team that really took advantage of a crap PAC 12, and they still have a noodle armed QB that folds like a wet napkin going up against a real defense. They will be favored to win the conference next year but I sure as hell wouldn't bet on them getting back to the playoff.

I can see Ross and many of the defensive players leaving. Their college game has peaked and they have won the pac-12 conference. Do they really want to get another shot at BAMA? Doubt it.

Outside shot- maybe Noodle arm Browning will head for the draft. This way he only was horrible in one bowl game. ;)
Browning can't go in the draft he's a true sophomore. And although in a bit of a different way than Falks challenges, i think games like this really make one question his prospects as a pro QB. He can certainly throw a quick screen or chuck it deep to a the fastest guy on the field when his team faces an inferior defense to their skill guys on offense, but I've yet to see him put the team on his back against a decent defense. He needs to prove that he can do that before he's ready for the NFL, because everyone is Alabama in the NFL.

Yeah, but they had... well not impossible obviously, but some key combos that don't come along very often even if you recruit well.

The teams I've seen this year with the best pair of cornerbacks are Florida, Alabama, and Washington.

In addition I believe one of Washington's corners is 6'3." That is super rare for that position, tall guys that have the speed, quickness, and other stuff they just call "hips" is super rare. The pros are going to love that guy. It wouldn't surprise me in the least that if he were at Alabama instead of Washington, he'd be a starter. (Well if he were he might be at safety, even if he is a legit corner. Even Alabama doesn't seem to get corners that size often though.)

Just saying it could be a while before they have a combo like that again. At cornerback at least.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT