ADVERTISEMENT

Former Coug and WA Broadcasters demand apology

This double standard where the media can criticize and not be criticized is exactly what people are saying about Leach and being criticized.

EVERYBODY can be criticized.

Nobody owes you shit. Not an apology, not a fluff piece, nothing.

The media can say whatever the hell they want... and so can Leach.

Leach “I’m sorry for calling you a sactrimonious troll, which you are”.
I mean honestly, that hits the nail on the head and isn't incredibly... vulgar. I think many in Coug nation would have other, more colorful adjectives for JB.

I'd love if someone could find some of the more vile things JB has written and have the assn defend his trashing of 18 and 19 year old kids.

Reactions: GrayOnGray
This double standard where the media can criticize and not be criticized is exactly what people are saying about Leach and being criticized.

EVERYBODY can be criticized.

Nobody owes you shit. Not an apology, not a fluff piece, nothing.

The media can say whatever the hell they want... and so can Leach.

Boom.

Reactions: GrayOnGray
Leach “I’m sorry for calling you a sactrimonious troll, which you are”.[/QUOTE

That plus:
here are the one of the many reasons why,
then Quote 10 or more comments made by JB, aimed at Leach, WSU, Doba, Price, Floyd, WSU women, the list goes on and on.

Last edited:
Time for someone with some better photo editing skills than me to take this and put an appropriate message on the sign. Last time I saw it used was for Bud Withers in similar circumstances.

glIF3.jpg

"The Fourth Estate of the state of Washington awaits your response."

What a bunch of self-absorbed clowns. These idiots really do see themselves as "heroes without capes." Mind you, we're not talking about war correspondents who are in country, facing real peril; we're talking about flippin' sports columnists who get paid to be trolls.

What friggin' bubble do these people live in?

"The Fourth Estate of the state of Washington awaits your response."

What a bunch of self-absorbed clowns. These idiots really do see themselves as "heroes without capes." Mind you, we're not talking about war correspondents who are in country, facing real peril; we're talking about flippin' sports columnists who get paid to be trolls.

What friggin' bubble do these people live in?
Wasnt Keith Shipman an anchor on the Channel 8 news in Pullman?

Channel 8 news had audience of 75 folks and was more often than not followed by an anatomy class video of an autopsy.

Reactions: taf88
From Pres Schulz, Pat Chun, and CML.

Among them, Keith Shipman '83, president of the assn.

tweet
Unfortunately, the only PC way forward for the university is to issue some sort of statement of contrition. Maybe ‘I shouldn’t have called you a sanctimonious troll in a public setting. To ensure this does not happen again, you’re no longer welcome in our press room.’

This is beyond silly. A reporter who has never given CML or the school a fair shake questions Mike after a painful loss and is astonished to hear him blow his stack. After years of snotty commentary, Leach responds in kind. I do not believe that the Washington Association of Sportscasters really considered this in its entirety. If Mike's comments were false or defamatory then there are libel laws to deal with this. If an honest appraisal or reasonably so then grow a pair and deal with it. Has the practice of journalism descended to the point that journalists now oppose the First Amendment's freedom of speech clause? Ridiculous. Mr. Shipman, the Murrow School wants their diploma back.

This is beyond silly. A reporter who has never given CML or the school a fair shake questions Mike after a painful loss and is astonished to hear him blow his stack. After years of snotty commentary, Leach responds in kind. I do not believe that the Washington Association of Sportscasters really considered this in its entirety. If Mike's comments were false or defamatory then there are libel laws to deal with this. If an honest appraisal or reasonably so then grow a pair and deal with it. Has the practice of journalism descended to the point that journalists now oppose the First Amendment's freedom of speech clause? Ridiculous. Mr. Shipman, the Murrow School wants their diploma back.

Outstanding post in a list of good ones. Well stated. Agree 100%.

Reactions: WindyCityCoug
I hadn't read the thing before just now. Ridiculously overwrought. They have "grave concern" over a particular reporter, in the 7th year of a coach's tenure and in this reporter's 20th year (or more) of in fact being a sanctimonious troll, being called one? He didn't threaten Blanchette. He just gave him the label and said he'd write the negative stuff that, in fact, he was going to do and did.

I can understand not approving of what Leach did, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. This reaction is out of line, though.

Now that the douche never leacher Jim Moore has chimed in with his butt hurt hot take, CML should get down on both knees and beg for eternal forgiveness. F__ these pussified hacks, their levels of self importance is jaw dropping.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/731447/moore-wsu-coach-mike-leach-shortcomings/

"I was excited when Leach was hired by WSU, but it didn’t take long for that excitement to wane. I understand that he’s built a winning program and graduated most of his players. Yes, it would be nice to win an Apple Cup again, but I don’t care about that as much as this:

I miss the days when WSU had classy coaches who used common decency, win or lose.

My alma mater is so desperate for a winner that we’re supposed to look the other way with this unbecoming stuff, I guess. I was told by someone on Twitter over the weekend that I need to be careful about what I wish for, intimating that the next coach might not have Leach-like success, and we’ll go back to one losing season after another with no hope in sight."

If Blanchette & Co wanted to prove Leach's comment about "sanctimony," they couldn't have done better than to marshal their resources like this and demand a formal apology.

Journos like Blanchette make a career out of sitting in the back row and plinking leaders with their BB guns, and when leaders grab the BBs and hurl them back, they cry to mommy and want you dragged into the royal court begging for their forgiveness. It's a shameless double standard, and the fact that can do it with no sense of irony speaks to a level of almost unfathomable self-importance and delusion.

I just saw that a high profile cable news journalist (trying to avoid politics) "[slammed] vilification of the press in first remarks since leaving [network]." This person enjoyed fame and fortune few will ever know, but they are explaining to you how they are victims of the hoi polloi.

In their minds they are supremely important people, deserving of bottomless adoration and remuneration, but they are also victims deserving of our support and pity, and are entitled to teary, groveling apologies when so victimized. And this is what they expect for tipping their ideological hands in ways you scarcely saw with self-respecting journalists of old, and it goes now beyond politics to sports and art and entertainment. JB sits in the back row and wants to plink at Leach while sitting in the Popemobile. They are emerging, across the board, as some of the most toxically narcissistic and self-important individuals in society.

I've been meaning to go see Jewell just to show support for the idea that you cannot simultaneously infringe people's lives and also be subject to no criticism.

Now that the douche never leacher Jim Moore has chimed in with his butt hurt hot take, CML should get down on both knees and beg for eternal forgiveness. F__ these pussified hacks, their levels of self importance is jaw dropping.

"I was excited when Leach was hired by WSU, but it didn’t take long for that excitement to wane. I understand that he’s built a winning program and graduated most of his players. Yes, it would be nice to win an Apple Cup again, but I don’t care about that as much as this:

I miss the days when WSU had classy coaches who used common decency, win or lose.

My alma mater is so desperate for a winner that we’re supposed to look the other way with this unbecoming stuff, I guess. I was told by someone on Twitter over the weekend that I need to be careful about what I wish for, intimating that the next coach might not have Leach-like success, and we’ll go back to one losing season after another with no hope in sight."
Apparently old Jim missed CPWs exit presser and didn’t get the memo that we lost our innocence.

Reactions: BiggsCoug

Every coach from Woody Hayes to Bear Bryant to Don Shula would be out of a job if Moore had his way in the last century.

Football would have been a lot worse, but at least coaches would have been blander and more PC - and that's what really gets butts in seats.

If Blanchette & Co wanted to prove Leach's comment about "sanctimony," they couldn't have done better than to marshal their resources like this and demand a formal apology.

Journos like Blanchette make a career out of sitting in the back row and plinking leaders with their BB guns, and when leaders grab the BBs and hurl them back, they cry to mommy and want you dragged into the royal court begging for their forgiveness. It's a shameless double standard, and the fact that can do it with no sense of irony speaks to a level of almost unfathomable self-importance and delusion.

I just saw that a high profile cable news journalist (trying to avoid politics) "[slammed] vilification of the press in first remarks since leaving [network]." This person enjoyed fame and fortune few will ever know, but they are explaining to you how they are victims of the hoi polloi.

In their minds they are supremely important people, deserving of bottomless adoration and remuneration, but they are also victims deserving of our support and pity, and are entitled to teary, groveling apologies when so victimized. And this is what they expect for tipping their ideological hands in ways you scarcely saw with self-respecting journalists of old, and it goes now beyond politics to sports and art and entertainment. JB sits in the back row and wants to plink at Leach while sitting in the Popemobile. They are emerging, across the board, as some of the most toxically narcissistic and self-important individuals in society.

I've been meaning to go see Jewell just to show support for the idea that you cannot simultaneously infringe people's lives and also be subject to no criticism.

A correction, and I touched on this earlier:

Not that there are many true "journalists" any more, but JB is the furthest thing from a journalist. Hes a columnist who writes opinion pieces. Labeling what he does as journalism is akin to calling the National Enquirer a journalistic endeavor.

Reactions: Observer11
A correction, and I touched on this earlier:

Not that there are many true "journalists" any more, but JB is the furthest thing from a journalist. Hes a columnist who writes opinion pieces. Labeling what he does as journalism is akin to calling the National Enquirer a journalistic endeavor.
Or the “Fox News” of sports journalism :D?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT