ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread. Cougs vs Ducks

Hmmm. What was that gib? A QB more afraid to puts blemish on his stat sheet than throw one up cuz it’s 4th down and you have to?

Reactions: Cougini5591
It’s more than his lack of improvement, the last three weeks he’s gone back to 2022 cam ward. It’s pretty obvious he threw his hands up and went to old habits.
Are you watching the game? Or just regurgitating Biggs posts?

What does “top QB” mean? Unlike retards such as you, I don’t think he should be benched.
Based on what? Because he can put up yards between the 20s? Who cares, if he can’t turn it into points or wins?

But you know, that 4th down play looked like a Heisman/NFL caliber play. Great vision, great reaction.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
Hmmm. What was that gib? A QB more afraid to puts blemish on his stat sheet than throw one up cuz it’s 4th down and you have to?
Throw it to who? You’re reverting to Biggs and sponge posts from 2022.

Based on what? Because he can put up yards between the 20s? Who cares, if he can’t turn it into points or wins?

But you know, that 4th down play looked like a Heisman/NFL caliber play. Great vision, great reaction.
You’re the one that bitches about him not being a Heisman contender. Keep bitching.

Maybe you should explain who else should start.

I don’t give a shit about the Heisman. I’d be happy with marginally competent QB play.

Oh, look…he threw a garbage TE pass when we’re down by 20+. Best QB ever! Give him a trophy!
We have that, so why aren’t you happy?

This score looks F’in familiar. Is this the last 3 times we’ve played at OR?

This and a uw beat down to come but at least the offense showed signs of life so they could win the next 4 or lose them. The 4th down was weak, how are you running ob on a 4th and 1 in that spot. Must be worried about his stats. Just chick it in the endzone.

I don’t give a shit about the Heisman. I’d be happy with marginally competent QB play.

Oh, look…he threw a garbage TE pass when we’re down by 20+. Best QB ever! Give him a trophy!

Blasphemy! He is a Heisman candidate!

YOu take the prize
Ward had a good solid game. Not perfect but he isnt the rradon we lost

YOu take the prize
Ward had a good solid game. Not perfect but he isnt the rradon we lost
Did you watch the game?

He’s not decisive enough. He doesn’t see the field. He looks deep and misses guys open underneath.

438 yards makes things look OK, but should come with more than 1 TD. Doesn’t matter if you make yards between the 20s.

Probably the most overrated player we’ve ever had.

He’s not the sole reason we lost, but in spite of the numbers, he really didn’t help put up more points either. The 4th down encapsulated it - he didn’t even take a chance on a throw, when there was no downside to it. He ran OB instead…the one thing that’s guaranteed to be completely useless to us.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
I dont think ward is as bad as many are making him out to he but he isn't anything special. Far from the worst qbs we have had but not great. Just one of those guys like Brink or Gordon in my mind. Good enough in spurts but overall mostly eh.

I dont think ward is as bad as many are making him out to he but he isn't anything special. Far from the worst qbs we have had but not great. Just one of those guys like Brink or Gordon in my mind. Good enough in spurts but overall mostly eh.
That’s probably fair, if you surround them with the same supporting cast.

That’s probably fair, if you surround them with the same supporting cast.
Yeah that's why it's hard to have an apples to apples comparison. Different lines, skill players, OC etc. It just seems like even when he has time he still doesn't make it happen much of the time.

I dont think ward is as bad as many are making him out to he but he isn't anything special. Far from the worst qbs we have had but not great. Just one of those guys like Brink or Gordon in my mind. Good enough in spurts but overall mostly eh
Gordon runs circles around Ward. Gordon put up points. And he was a FA camp invite. Do the math. When it comes to the air raid Ward is just a guy. And he’s not an NFL QB.

Gordon runs circles around Ward. Gordon put up points. And he was a FA camp invite. Do the math. When it comes to the air raid Ward is just a guy. And he’s not an NFL QB.
That was my first thought too, but Gordon has a much better OL and RB. On that team, Ward probably looks a lot better. Still think Gordon would outdo him, but it would be close.

Blasphemy! He is a Heisman candidate!
Did you watch the game?

He’s not decisive enough. He doesn’t see the field. He looks deep and misses guys open underneath.

438 yards makes things look OK, but should come with more than 1 TD. Doesn’t matter if you make yards between the 20s.

Probably the most overrated player we’ve ever had.

He’s not the sole reason we lost, but in spite of the numbers, he really didn’t help put up more points either. The 4th down encapsulated it - he didn’t even take a chance on a throw, when there was no downside to it. He ran OB instead…the one thing that’s guaranteed to be completely useless to us.
In this thread you wrote that the defense is good, and Ward is incompetent.

He's not close to either.

Had we actually run the ball when Gordon was here, that offense would have been damn near unstoppable.

Do you armchair experts have any other critiques with our personnel, or is replacing Ward the only upgrade needed?

Do you armchair experts have any other critiques with our personnel, or is replacing Ward the only upgrade needed?
I think you are missing the point. Most people are pointing out there’s much to be desired with the OLine and RBs too. But When everything is solid on a drive and ward trips over his own dick or runs OB on 4th down, who’s to blame?

I think you are missing the point. Most people are pointing out there’s much to be desired with the OLine and RBs too. But When everything is solid on a drive and ward trips over his own dick or runs OB on 4th down, who’s to blame?
On that individual play? Ward of course. When we draw up a perfect gadget play and a kid straight up drops the ball, that sucks. When Ward is chased out of the pocket on 60% of his drop backs, that sucks. The fact that we can’t ever get around the edge or pop a single big play in the running game sucks.

Coug 95 wrote in this thread that the defense was good. For his benefit, and the benefit of others whose brains don’t function, a defense that gives up 7.8 yards per carry, is not good. The Oregon OC must have gotten bored with the running game because there was no reason to throw.

I’m curious where the criticism of Lockett is? How many times did he trip on his dick, to use your words?

He's not close to either.

Had we actually run the ball when Gordon was here, that offense would have been damn near unstoppable.
Whatever you say I guess. I think saying hes not close to either is going too far. Gordon put up lots of points but also made bonehead decisions and threw a decent amount if picks. Brink was Brink we don't need to go into that but everyone wanted him replaced when he was starting too. To me he is right in there with decent but not great qbs

This is glorious. From the guy that said Leach would never get it done here.

Do you do anything other than remember what people say on message boards over a decade ago?

And you noticed I did use the word IF in regards to running the ball...and I have been consistent with that sentiment. We chose not to.

And while he had success, our Apple Cup record is not getting it done.

Whatever you say I guess. I think saying hes not close to either is going too far. Gordon put up lots of points but also made bonehead decisions and threw a decent amount if picks. Brink was Brink we don't need to go into that but everyone wanted him replaced when he was starting too. To me he is right in there with decent but not great qbs

Fair enough.

Until we figure out how to land more "transfers" and until we find a Forbes 500 wanting WSU to kick ass...

We will have a of lot of armchair experts.

So frustrating to feel now vs. 2018

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT