ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread. Cougs vs Ducks

Do you do anything other than remember what people say on message boards over a decade ago?

And you noticed I did use the word IF in regards to running the ball...and I have been consistent with that sentiment. We chose not to.

And while he had success, our Apple Cup record is not getting it done.
I do many things, including remembering one of the dumbest posts ever made.

In this thread you wrote that the defense is good, and Ward is incompetent.
Not quite. I said the first half defense was good…and then revised even that to show that they were losing their grip in the late 2nd. 17 points at half was good enough, and damn near miraculous for this group after the last couple weeks.

Also didn’t say Ward was incompetent, I said I’d like to have marginally competent QB play…and that we haven’t had that for a full game this season.

But go ahead and twist things, we all know that’s what attorneys do.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Not quite. I said the first half defense was good…and then revised even that to show that they were losing their grip in the late 2nd. 17 points at half was good enough, and damn near miraculous for this group after the last couple weeks.

Also didn’t say Ward was incompetent, I said I’d like to have marginally competent QB play…and that we haven’t had that for a full game this season.

Wishing for marginally competant play is indeed stating incompetance

I do many things, including remembering one of the dumbest posts ever made.

Hmm...well at least I owned it and at that stage there was no guarantee of Leach having success or getting it done.

We also lost to Eastern and Portland State.

You must enjoy getting your ass kicked in the Apple Cup every year.

You’re the one twisting. But sure. Deny what’s in writing.

I really wanted Ward to be great. Not because I give a crap about him...but because I'm selfish and I want WSU to have a great football team. The kid is uber talented but he just doesn't have the "IT" factor that a great QB needs. His pocket presence sucks, he continues to spin too much, and he struggles to see wide open receivers right in front of him. Our offensive line is bad, but once Ward gets flustered, he makes them look worse than they are. I'm rooting for his declaration for the NFL draft.

FWIW, I think we win our next four games before getting absolutely wrecked by the mutts in the Apple Cup.

Reactions: Coug90
Fine. If the measure of competence is that you play reasonably well for an entire game, Ward is incompetent. He hasn’t turned in a full 4 quarters yet this season, particularly not in conference play.
I keep forgetting the definition of competence means that you must complete every pass, particularly in conference play.

Fine. If the measure of competence is that you play reasonably well for an entire game, Ward is incompetent. He hasn’t turned in a full 4 quarters yet this season, particularly not in conference play.

For the volume of football he has played he is a bad investment. This many starts should be producing significantly more. It isn’t. When does he turn the corner???

I keep forgetting the definition of competence means that you must complete every pass, particularly in conference play.
Nobody’s ever said anything even close to that.

I like what Flat said above. Ward just doesn’t have “it.” He gets flustered and just makes things worse.

The team doesn’t respond to him. He doesn’t make them better. He doesn’t know how to respond to pressure, and can’t be counted on to answer when an opponent makes a play. For the amount of experience he has, he should be able to lead a team far better than he does.

Nobody’s ever said anything even close to that.

I like what Flat said above. Ward just doesn’t have “it.” He gets flustered and just makes things worse.

The team doesn’t respond to him. He doesn’t make them better. He doesn’t know how to respond to pressure, and can’t be counted on to answer when an opponent makes a play. For the amount of experience he has, he should be able to lead a team far better than he does.

stupidgibbons doesnt know wtf he is talking about. He never even played football lol

You are better to put that turd on ignore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT