ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread. Hawaii vs. WSU...

M-I-Coug

Hall Of Fame
Oct 13, 2002
Scottsdale, AZ
Today marks the first time ever the Rainbow Warriors play in Pullman.

Hawaii leads the series 3-2.

(4) games were played in Honolulu, and one game played in Seattle.

What's up with Seattle?
The COUGS were scheduled to host Ohio State at Seahawks' stadium on 9/12/09, but the Buckeyes paid WSU $450,000 to get out of the contract which opted for a Saturday night game against USC instead.

We lost that game to the Warriors, 38-20, which was the last time we played them, 15 years ago, which marked the first time Hawaii beat a Power 5 team, (BCS back then) in 7 years.

Last edited:
Good luck, Cougs! Win by 1 and I’m good.

While 6-1 may have a nice ring 💍 to it, I really can’t wait for all of the anal sis about how Coaches need to be fired, Mateer benched, team sucks, fans suck and on and on and on.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
Hurry! Right now, there are 2 tiks available Sec 26, row B.

Yes, both seats are together.

Asking price has been Slashed!

Down to $483/ each

Today marks the first time ever the Rainbow Warriors play in Pullman.

Hawaii leads the series 3-2.

(4) games were played in Honolulu, and one game played in Seattle.

What's up with Seattle?
The COUGS were scheduled to host Ohio State at Seahawks' stadium on 9/12/09, but the Buckeyes paid WSU $450,000 to get out of the contract which opted for a Saturday night game against USC instead.

We lost that game to the Warriors, 38-20, which was the last time we played them, 15 years ago, which marked the first time Hawaii beat a Power 5 team, (BCS back then) in 7 years.
I remember the loss to Hawaii very well.

It was basically the real start of the Paul Wulff rebuild. 2008 doesn't count.

We were able to go from being complete pieces of sh*t to being complete pieces of sh*t that season.

Truly remarkable.

There's no way any Pac-10/Pac-12 team should have that bad of an offense.

I count that as the most embarrassing season ever.

I remember the loss to Hawaii very well.

It was basically the real start of the Paul Wulff rebuild. 2008 doesn't count.

We were able to go from being complete pieces of sh*t to being complete pieces of sh*t that season.

Truly remarkable.

There's no way any Pac-10/Pac-12 team should have that bad of an offense.

I count that as the most embarrassing season ever.
My theory about the Paul Wulff era. I even made these comments back then, on this board.

Most of the games were night games. Players had so much extra time to kill, in their hotel rooms, etc.

This was before pot was legal.

The vast majority of players smoked weed on gameday and were literally stoned at kickoff. There were tons of guys who smoked weed on the team, Wulff didn't do anything about it, and to some people, you can't do your job at 100% when you're stoned.

Some people actually work more productive when you're stoned, but this football team was an absolute joke, and in my theory, and in my opinion, it had to do with talent, and the fact these guys showed up on gameday stoned.

My theory about the Paul Wulff era. I even made these comments back then, on this board.

Most of the games were night games. Players had so much extra time to kill, in their hotel rooms, etc.

This was before pot was legal.

The vast majority of players smoked weed on gameday and were literally stoned at kickoff. There were tons of guys who smoked weed on the team, Wulff didn't do anything about it, and to some people, you can't do your job at 100% when you're stoned.

Some people actually work more productive when you're stoned, but this football team was an absolute joke, and in my theory, and in my opinion, it had to do with talent, and the fact these guys showed up on gameday stoned.
My theory on those years is that we had poor recruiting, low levels of talent, and bad coaching in all facets. And, they were stoned.

Run the ball! Run it! Never pass. Never!

FYI- for those that care about the chariots race, apparently at 6:00 am this morning the University told the teams to bring the chariots to the Stadium and only one team got there before they locked it up.

FYI- for those that care about the chariots race, apparently at 6:00 am this morning the University told the teams to bring the chariots to the Stadium and only one team got there before they locked it up.
Runs up the gut this drive - zero. Points - 7.

Also, our defense is shit.

P.S. Crowd looks pretty good.

Apparently it isn’t a big deal to anyone or they would have been there

Fire Schmedding. It’s time Dickert. 10 yards a play is not acceptable. Tackling is unacceptable. Pass rush is unacceptable. He’s been sacked 14 times the last two games. Fire Schmedding.

Fire Schmedding. It’s time Dickert. 10 yards a play is not acceptable. Tackling is unacceptable. Pass rush is unacceptable. He’s been sacked 14 times the last two games. Fire Schmedding.
Need to make some adjustments. This isn’t a good offense, but they look pretty good against us.

14/16 197 yds. 3 TD’s

Bumpus is explaining what a “Good Job” Arbuckle has done making adjustments to the offense. ( we All know Bumpus knows jack about football)

Waiting with bated breath for our board Expert to finish his shift so he can set Bumpus straight.

Reactions: M-I-Coug
I like how the D has turned more aggressive in the 2nd quarter… Hawaii needs to shorten up their routes and get the ball out quick, before we really start getting home.

Offense has been less predictable, I still don’t think we’ve seen a design run by Mateer. Would like to see Parker get more on his runs, so far he’s just not quite getting his openings.

On the last 3rd and 5. Why not roll out to the wide side and pass or run? We go from relying on Mateer's legs to going to nothing? Hey we are up 21-3 but c'mon. The rollout is a no-brainer in that situation. Arbuckle is not on my A-list.

14/16 197 yds. 3 TD’s

Bumpus is explaining what a “Good Job” Arbuckle has done making adjustments to the offense. ( we All know Bumpus knows jack about football)

Waiting with bated breath for our board Expert to finish his shift so he can set Bumpus straight.

Number 21 crushing their QB was the play of the half. Dude has been skittish since.
I know they love Kyle Thornton, but they need to let Brown play = or > snaps.

Reactions: kougkurt
On the last 3rd and 5. Why not roll out to the wide side and pass or run? We go from relying on Mateer's legs to going to nothing? Hey we are up 21-3 but c'mon. The rollout is a no-brainer in that situation. Arbuckle is not on my A-list.
I think we’re trying something different against a D we know is outmatched.

At the same time, I expect we’ll see more run in the second half, including at least a little bit of Mateer.

Reactions: 425cougfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT