ADVERTISEMENT

Geezus - another mass shooting, this time UNLV

Religion doesn't have to be spiritual.

Again, the US is well on its way to being an intolerant, ideological state.
I think we are already there.

This thread is cracking me up. We go from mass shootings to the Middle East to our favorite pies! What is next?

I think we are already there.

This thread is cracking me up. We go from mass shootings to the Middle East to our favorite pies! What is next?
They make seedless grapes and seedless watermelons now. How bout someone get on blackberries.

Hmmm...no not really. If Israel wanted to it could have already done so. They have no such agenda to wipe out Palestinians. Taihtsat

The genuinely sad part is HAMAS knew damn well that pulling the trigger on October 7 would result in tens of thousands of Palestinians dying.

Agree 100%. The sad thing about the situation is that I would feel more compassion for the Palestinians if many of them weren't actively helping Hamas hide from the Israeli military. And they do that knowing that Hamas is doing things that are going to cause them harm. Harboring terrorists makes you a terrorist too. It just sucks that thousands of others are being harmed and they don't have any involvement.

454 deaths from rifles in 2020

657 deaths from feet/hands/fists in 2020

1732 deaths from knives in 2020

Boy what a choice. I like cherry pie a lot. Pecan pie too, but it is so nasty for my heart. Although I did buy one on sale last week. Schnouzed that down.

Never really a big pumpkin fan, although Mom used to make that and boring apple during the holidays.

What are we missing here? Oh yeah, lemon meringue. Yum. Anything else?
Brown bag apple made with Karmijn de Sommeville apples, or peaches and cream here.

I have no compassion for Palestine. Their only objective is to exterminate all Jewish people. If this conflict were about land, it would have been settled decades ago.

America goes out its way to be publicly woke, inclusive, and anti-racist about everything, but for some reason the messaging gets blurred with regard to Palestine.

Reactions: Cougini5591
Boy what a choice. I like cherry pie a lot. Pecan pie too, but it is so nasty for my heart. Although I did buy one on sale last week. Schnouzed that down.

Never really a big pumpkin fan, although Mom used to make that and boring apple during the holidays.

What are we missing here? Oh yeah, lemon meringue. Yum. Anything else?
Apple, of course. And, I'm a big fan of marionberry.

I like apple, slightly warmed, with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Also like marionberry, chilled, with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Reactions: BSpike76
Apple, of course. And, I'm a big fan of marionberry.

I like apple, slightly warmed, with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Also like marionberry, chilled, with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I have gone to fat free frozen yogurt from Umpqua. Not quite as good as real ice cream, but way more healthy

GMO the seeds out!
nah, just legislate it. laws have worked well for solving all the rest of our problems, just make seeds in blackberries illegal by the year 2025 and charge the taxpayers money to fund getting it done. And when you inevitably fail, blame the taxpayers for not doing enough to get the seeds out of blackberries...

/rant

Reactions: Chucksizzle1
Yeah sorry loyal sponge is right you are robbing Peter to pay Paul. Being drunk by lunch probably doesn’t help that equation either.
How do you know how early I get drunk? And I scan the ingredients of everything I buy. I'll take the sugar over the fat. My Doc said saturated fat is the most important thing to shy away from. Sugar? Meh - I'm not diabetic.

all these shootings/ stabbings
have USUALLY one thing in common....well two really....they are all males and many if not most of them are on psych drugs of some sort......

have USUALLY one thing in common....well two really....they are all males and many if not most of them are on psych drugs of some sort......

Even using the words USUALLY, ALMOST always, etc, is bad.

Yes there are, males do these things.

But some females also do these things, it's just that either they don't get much press, or as much press, or not remembered as much.

And there is this NARRATIVE that says males, men are bad, and females, women are good, and that because of that, ANTI MALE, and PRO female.

Because of that NARRATIVE, AGENDA, whenever something bad happens, it's assumed that males did it.

If there is a domestic disturbance a a woman hits a man and calls the cops and tells them the guy hit her, the cops will automatically believe her unless the guy is beaten to a pulp, etc.

And in broken marriages, relationships, divorces, etc, if the woman is doing drugs, is wrong, bad, and the guy is right, good, almost all the time, the courts will rule in favor of the woman over the guy, unless there is a lot of evidence, against the woman, and even then sometimes still rules in favor of the woman over the guy.

This is the AGENDA, NARRATIVE, GOAL, etc, of FEMINIST NAZI's.

Even if what you say were to be, is true, by saying what you say, which profiles, stereotypes males, your unknowingly playing right into the hands of the FEMINIST NAZI AGENDA, NARRATIVE.

Instead of doing that, instead of saying males, say PEOPLE do these, those things.

Saying males do these, those things, is the same as if somebody said that black people commit most crimes.

Also let's have higher expectations of males. If we expect most males to do bad, then some males will say males are, will be males, boys are, will be boys, and use that as justification to go do bad things.

But if we expect males to do good, then some males will say males are good, guess that means that as a male that I shouldn't do that bad thing, and then they as a male then don't do that bad thing.

Don't feed the agenda, narrative.

Say, use the word PEOPLE in place of Males, and say PEOPLE do those things.

We pick the small, tart blackberries. Seeds aren’t a problem with them, unlike the Himalayas or other big, bland blackberries. Kuchen made with the small ones is awesome.

The numbers vary slightly depending on how you define “mass shooting” but something near 95% of them are male.
80+% of them are determined to be in some sort of mental health crisis shortly before the shootings, but only a portion of them are actually psychotic or delusional. Few have been diagnosed with any sort of disorder, and very few have been under treatment or were actually medicated at the time. There are some who had been previously treated/medicated, but the majority of those stopped that treatment before the shooting.

The really disturbing thing is that in the last 7-8 years, the number of shootings that were conscious decisions based primarily on hate of some group has risen sharply. its not people who are in crisis, it’s people who’ve convinced themselves that (insert racial/ethnic/social group) just need to die.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
One thing common in all mass shootings, always:

The perp is violating multiple felonies already on the books.
Really? How so? Most of these are done by someone who legally purchased a gun and whom was legally allowed to carry.

If you're referring to "felonies" being the actual shooting of victims and murder, then well - yeah. Duh. That's what makes a crime a crime and a felony a felony: the ACTUAL commission of the act. Taihtsat

Really? How so? Most of these are done by someone who legally purchased a gun and whom was legally allowed to carry.

If you're referring to "felonies" being the actual shooting of victims and murder, then well - yeah. Duh. That's what makes a crime a crime and a felony a felony: the ACTUAL commission of the act. Taihtsat
where is your evidence that most of this is done by people who can lawfully carry ? I really doubt that as concealed carry permits are a very rigorous process and permit holders very very rarely commit any sort of crime. those are typically your most law abiding conscientious citizens.

where is your evidence that most of this is done by people who can lawfully carry ? I really doubt that as concealed carry permits are a very rigorous process and permit holders very very rarely commit any sort of crime. those are typically your most law abiding conscientious citizens.
Admittedly anecdotal. In lieu of going over each of the most prominent mass shootings, just pick any one of them...like el paso at the Walmart. That kid legally walked into a gun store on his birthday and made the purchase. Same for the racist who killed the 9 black members of a church in SC. Legal purchases. No? (I'm risking all credibility on this bet going just off memory)

Depends on the state. Concealed permits in Washington are given blanket approvals, as long as you don't have felony or DV convictions. You apply, you get fingerprinted, you get a permit. Generally only takes a few days.

Much more difficult in states like California, where you basically have to prove an ongoing threat to your life.

And then there are states like Idaho and Texas, where the carry permit is printed on the back of your birth certificate.

Admittedly anecdotal. In lieu of going over each of the most prominent mass shootings, just pick any one of them...like el paso at the Walmart. That kid legally walked into a gun store on his birthday and made the purchase. Same for the racist who killed the 9 black members of a church in SC. Legal purchases. No? (I'm risking all credibility on this bet going just off memory)
You’re correct, although not really sure it matters that much.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Depends on the state. Concealed permits in Washington are given blanket approvals, as long as you don't have felony or DV convictions. You apply, you get fingerprinted, you get a permit. Generally only takes a few days.

Much more difficult in states like California, where you basically have to prove an ongoing threat to your life.

And then there are states like Idaho and Texas, where the carry permit is printed on the back of your birth certificate.
That's pretty funny 95.

Back when I worked in Lewiston Idaho, I was at a bank reception. We are talking in the bank lobby. For some reason, the man conversation turned to open and concealed carry. I was joking with the guy next to me and made some comment about it, and sort of patted his back. And sure as shit there was his concealed piece. I'm like, OK......

ill Go with the bill of rights, God Given , not subject to whims of corrupt politicians
That's an odd statement. The Bill of rights, 2nd amendment - "a well regulated militia". That does not equate to AR-15's everywere, or packing your pistols everywhere. Although I'm not really opposed to that, as long as they are "well regulated".

Not sure where God comes in either, but have not read it in a while.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT