ADVERTISEMENT

Gordon and Patmon got combine invites

In glancing at the list of all players the least deserving was Montez. That guy is awful.
Production wise yes. But, he has NFL bloodlines and he has the frame and arm to play in the NFL. He can be the 3rd QB or practice squad QB and then be a backup for a long time. I totally understand why NFL teams want him there.

Production wise yes. But, he has NFL bloodlines and he has the frame and arm to play in the NFL. He can be the 3rd QB or practice squad QB and then be a backup for a long time. I totally understand why NFL teams want him there.
Your discounting the fact that he completely sucks, though. :)

In glancing at the list of all players the least deserving was Montez. That guy is awful.
Every Colorado game I watched this year the announcers would talk about how he had NFL talent. Even in the midst of looking like a Big Sky back up on the field. I just don’t get it.

Montez had a less than inspiring outing in the Senior Bowl. Of the six QBs that played in that game, Gordon included, Montez stood out as the one who seemed not to belong. Personally, I thought OSU's Jake Luton was a better QB this past year, and he has similar size and arm strength.

Glad Cougar

Your discounting the fact that he completely sucks, though. :)
He is not going to be a high draft pick. But, late rounds you draft on potential. Physically, he has what it takes to play in the NFL. An NFL team will also look at the coaching he had at CU and believe that they can fix him.

Look at our own Gardner Minshew. Before he came to WSU, he was on his way to be a back up at Alabama and then start a coaching career. He would not be in the NFL right now. But, Mike Leach saw potential in him despite being benched at ECU and we all know the rest of the story.

Potential is why he will get drafted. Whether he can take advantage is another story.

There are 6 too many posts about Montez in this string.

Make that 7.

as far as Cougs go, I thought Fred M might get an invite and possibly Marcus Strong. They should both get shots as UDFA s at a minimum along with Arcinado and Winston. Gubrud likely ends up in the CFL.

Gubrud likely ends up in the CFL.

Boy, I doubt it. The CFL is a competitive league, and we’re talking about the QB position. Gubrud has missed 2 straight years of competition, and he got beat out at WSU for the starting job. Now he’s going up to Canada and winning a roster spot? I wish him the best, but I’m not seeing that.

Boy, I doubt it. The CFL is a competitive league, and we’re talking about the QB position. Gubrud has missed 2 straight years of competition, and he got beat out at WSU for the starting job. Now he’s going up to Canada and winning a roster spot? I wish him the best, but I’m not seeing that.
I know Gordon put up some awesome numbers this year but at what expense? The run game possibly? He didn't do jack against teams with decent defenses and consistently made poor decisions with the ball as well. I am wondering if Gubrud and his ability to run the ball in games like that is what was missing. I guess we will never know.

I am wondering if Gubrud and his ability to run the ball in games like that is what was missing. I guess we will never know.

It's possible, but I certainly trust Leach's judgement at the QB position. He's not a coach who plays favorites to begin with, and why would he have done that in the case of Gordon vs. Gubrud?

We're talking about an Eastern WA transfer who got injured at EWU and lost his job, came to WSU and got beat out, going up to the CFL and locking down a roster spot. Sorry, but I'm not buying that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT