ADVERTISEMENT

Want to see something depressing?

I thought I was done with this thread. But just for the sake of discussion, what has been awful? (I don't disagree BTW)

So let's see. My starter list:
  • The border situation is a nightmare. How the F can't we get bipartisan consensus on this? Oh, wait, we just did in the Seante, but Johnson in the House is not going to allow it
  • The deficit continues to grow. Nothing new there. Ever since Reaganomics
  • Mass killings continue
  • The rancor and shared hate in politics and the country at large continues to grow
  • The world is totally f-ed up. Ukraine, Gaza, the Houthi's, N. Korea, China, Iran Same ols same old, just some different players
As you said Alto (paraphrasing), we need to get decent leadership, and IMHO a lot more sane rank and file, to try to fix some of this shit.

Others feel free to add to my starter list......
Illegals get FREE housing, medical care, food while homelessness not. Illegals no mandatory Vaccinations for schools or when they arrive causing the spread of chickenpox as an example. Is there is no deterrent from committing crimes. Stores lock necessities up from the shoppers and the shoplifters walk out with everything not locked down. Victims being charged and criminals go free. People are not safe walking outside or even driving. Like living in a REAL Bizarro World.

IMHO Don’t think those names you mentioned don’t do anything to move the country forward. Complaining about Trump and Biden is not moving forward. It is staying the same. Give me someone who has a plan an idea. Something to focus upon. Don’t care which party. Just praying someone comes from behind the curtain to finally lead. These last 8 years have been awful.
As a vet curious your thoughts on John Stewart?

You all say you want new candidates but your only solutions are those who have their head firmly stuffed up trumps ass. Someone said Ted Cruz or Tulsi Gabbard. lol. What’s wrong with Chris Christie or Liz Cheney? They call trump out for what he is so you don’t like them. Which is why the R party is dead until they flush his fat ass.

Tulsi Gabbard is like Joe Manchin.

Just recently, not too late ago, she used to be a DEMOCRAT in the mold of Manchin. She went INDEPENDENT, and is open to running both as a Democrat, and GOP, in the future, depending on how each party aligns with her views in the future.

She is, seems to be HONEST, straight shooting, etc, like Manchin, Mc Cain(was before he died), Zen Miller, Chris Christie, Mitt Romney, etc, and she is PRO LIFE, which was unusual for a Democrat.

My only problem with Chris Christi is he is a PRO ABORTION GOP.

Tulsi Gabbard, Manchin, are, would be EXCELLENT candidates.

Liz Cheney would also be a wonderful candidate.

Too bad she doesn't have a chance in hell of ever winning the GOP nomination.

Smug Stewart is more concerned about proving his ideas are "right" than affecting change. People are tired of the vitriol, and he brings it in spades.

In order to affect change, doesn't one have to either:

1. Discuss something that has the potential to affect change.

2. In that discussion that either you bring up, or somebody brings up to you, after listening, speaking, conversing, etc, you either are persuaded, convinced, proven wrong, etc, on, about something that would affect change in a positive way, if done, etc, or you persuade, convince, prove something to another person, that if done would affect change in a positive way.

3. If have been proven wrong, be able to swallow pride and accept that proven wrong, and then actually do something whether positive or negative that would have a positive affect change because proven wrong.

4. If prove something to other people, have yourself an or those other people do something either positive an or negative that related to the thing you proved that would have a positive affect change.

If those kind of things have to happen to affect positive change, then isn't Stewart is either proving, or trying to prove he is right, and if he listens, and if he is able to be proven wrong occasionally, and if he is able to swallow pride and admit when he thinks he has been proven wrong, and then is willing to act accordingly, then wouldn't he Stewart then be affecting, or trying to affect positive change?

I think if he is doing those things, that he probably is at least trying to affect positive change.

And if that's the case, then your assertion that he Stewart is more concerned about proving he is right, and not affecting positive change, would seem to be wrong, since it seems that proving your right can lead to affecting positive change.

Debate(the process of proving things, etc, ), can lead to affecting positive change.

You seem to me to be seeming to say that a person, whether Stewart or somebody else, can't, doesn't affect positive change, because they debate, seems like that doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Last edited:
Oh here we go….Biden showering with his daughter’s is in his daughters diary. Now Biden had STOLEN documents from a SCIF when he was a Senator. Had those other documents for seven years and in an unsecured area. Showed them to a ghostwriter then Bide reported it after he was caught with them. That is in the Hur report. You are defending a feeble old criminal. Prove me wrong. Liberals can’t handle the truth. Again I am no fan of Trump or Biden. Just dislike how some people make one out to be a God when he is NOT

FWIW, nobody is making Biden to be a God. You’re so busy reading GOP propaganda that you have no idea what people actually think. Most liberals and moderates hate the idea of Biden running….but they (as any reasonable human being should) hate the idea of the Orange taint running our country again. Four more years of Biden wouldn’t be great, but four years of vendetta politics as the Cheeto-in-Chief tries to get even with all of his “enemies” sounds fuggin horrible to anyone with a shred of objectivity and decency. Trump is a fuggin stain on humanity and this era is going to go down as one of the low points in our country’s history.

FWIW, nobody is making Biden to be a God. You’re so busy reading GOP propaganda that you have no idea what people actually think. Most liberals and moderates hate the idea of Biden running….but they (as any reasonable human being should) hate the idea of the Orange taint running our country again. Four more years of Biden wouldn’t be great, but four years of vendetta politics as the Cheeto-in-Chief tries to get even with all of his “enemies” sounds fuggin horrible to anyone with a shred of objectivity and decency. Trump is a fuggin stain on humanity and this era is going to go down as one of the low points in our country’s history.

What you are NOT getting is that BIDEN AND TRUMP BOTH ARE EQUAL STAINS ON HUMANITY AND ARE BOTH EQUALLY AS BAD FOR COUNTRY AND WILL BOTH EQUALLY FCK THIS COUNTRY UP IF THEY WIN.

It's just that Biden and Trump will, would FCK this country up in DIFFERENT but equal or semi equal ways.

You and others don't get that there is no ACCEPTABLE lesser of 2 evils option.

The only hope to deal with this crap, is to have Trump removed ASAP from ballot, and convicted of crime and imprisoned, etc, in time, before it's too late, and replaced by a viable candidate in time, before too late, that would then beat Biden.

But Biden, and his supporters, others are praying for either:

1. Trump to win GOP nomination, and then be allowed to complete presidential run, because he Biden would beat Trump.

2. Trump to win GOP nomination, then during that, be convicted, imprisoned, then Biden AUTO wins by default, with no presidential run off.

Biden and his supporters and others don't want Biden to run against anyone else besides Trump, because they know that Biden would lose.

my thoughts exactly, I dont "want" bien, but I will take him over trump all day long. nothr 4 years of trump would destroy the country

Also Biden is guilty of using the VP to force, rig it so that his son Hunter Biden would have, get a millions of dollars jobs in China, Russia, Ukraine THAT HE HUNTER WAS NOT QUALIFIED FOR, WHERE HUNTER DIDNT DO ANYTHING IN THAT JOB AS PART OF THAT JOB TO EARN THE MILLIONS AND ONLY GOT THE JOB AND THE MILLIONS BECAUSE HIS FATHER BIDEN ILLEGALLY USED VP TO FORCE, RIG THAT FOR HIS SON.

HUNTER BIDEN'S LAPTOP PROVES THAT, but that and everything else about Pres Biden is being Trying to SWEEP ALL THAT UNDER THE RUG.

Also Biden is guilty of using the VP to force, rig it so that his son Hunter Biden would have, get a millions of dollars jobs in China, Russia, Ukraine THAT HE HUNTER WAS NOT QUALIFIED FOR, WHERE HUNTER DIDNT DO ANYTHING IN THAT JOB AS PART OF THAT JOB TO EARN THE MILLIONS AND ONLY GOT THE JOB AND THE MILLIONS BECAUSE HIS FATHER BIDEN ILLEGALLY USED VP TO FORCE, RIG THAT FOR HIS SON.

HUNTER BIDEN'S LAPTOP PROVES THAT, but that and everything else about Pres Biden is being Trying to SWEEP ALL THAT UNDER THE RUG.
Proves? Nothing has been proven. In fact witness after witness have completely exonerated Biden. The informant that was so reliable, according g to comer et al has been arrested for living about the whole thing. There is nothing to investigate

Never bring politics onto a sports board. I have mentioned this before. I have had a good life thank you. Lived in a Panama during dictator Noriega, served my country being in the military, college grad and retired law enforcement. Been around the world and seen lots of things. I may be old but can still see what is happening.

Well said and thank you for your service.. As for myself, long ago I stopped evaluating a candidate on personality and that IS a big part of most voters calculus, whether they admit it or not. I'd say 80-90% of the politicians on both sides have committed crimes of varying severity and they conveniently never seem to pay the price for that. I could care less about Hunter's coke habit and Trump's infidelity and any of the other billion "warts" some would ascribe to him. I'm looking for someone to fix the country's problems, not some man/woman that I can go have a beer with on a Friday night. The fact that the Rs continue to play/assist the Ds in eliminating Trump speaks volumes to me. I have zero respect for the establishment. My voting history is 75% for Democrats but they've left me, so I consider myself an Independent, having voted for Obama in 2008 and Romney in 2012. That being said, for the most part I liked Trump's policies. I no longer live in WA State, I live in a border state and you damn well better believe that I want that border mess corrected. ...As for who if not Trump? I'd consider Sen. Hawley of Missouri at the top of my list....

**Most importantly**---Have a great day, everyone and remember--at the end of the day, these low-life's ON BOTH SIDES aren't worth losing friends and family over. . GO COUGS!!!

What you are NOT getting is that BIDEN AND TRUMP BOTH ARE EQUAL STAINS ON HUMANITY AND ARE BOTH EQUALLY AS BAD FOR COUNTRY AND WILL BOTH EQUALLY FCK THIS COUNTRY UP IF THEY WIN.

It's just that Biden and Trump will, would FCK this country up in DIFFERENT but equal or semi equal ways.

The only hope to deal with this crap, is to have Trump removed ASAP from ballot, and convicted of crime and imprisoned, etc, in time, before it's too late, and replaced by a viable candidate in time, before too late, that would then beat Biden.

1. Trump to win GOP nomination, and then be allowed to complete presidential run, because he Biden would beat Trump.

2. Trump to win GOP nomination, then during that, be convicted, imprisoned, then Biden AUTO wins by default, with no presidential run off.

Biden and his supporters and others don't want Biden to run against anyone else besides Trump, because they know that Biden would lose.
Not even close … and that is the point you try to make .

There is no greater stain than trying to over turn an election. There has only been one president that has done that .

Yiubget Trump claims he heals women by the Pu$$y… That is sexual assault and rape. . There has been nothing in Nidens past that comes to that level . Nothing .

Biden has not endorsed or propped up a dictator who just killed a political rival. A dictator who has 800 nukes pointed at us.

And Biden has not or cannot put people around him who have that same belief and mentality .

If Biden had said these things I would never try and defend him and never vote for him . If that meant Sarah Palin became President because i didn’t vote for a Dem if they had this baggage I would live with it .

Explain this one to me . One Garland gave Trump a gift. If he appointed someone in 2021 to start the investigation on January 6th like the Jan 6th committee with all of Trumps delays the trial would have already been heard . He would have been indicted before he announced he was running It wasn’t until January 6th committee discovered and showed the country what happened on that date did Garland act. He didn’t act originally cause he didn’t want to look like he was being politicall. But Trump would make it look political no matter what even if he was indicted on 6/1/2021 .

Second am i missing something ? Why shouldn’t there be a trial . If I were an innocent man and had nothing to hide hurry up and get it over . You get it only takes one person not to vote guilty and he walks .

Lastly , why can’t he run even if he is convicted ? Is there something in the constitution that says a felon can’t run for President ?

Smug Stewart is more concerned about proving his ideas are "right" than affecting change. People are tired of the vitriol, and he brings it in spades.
He is? For an entertainer seems like he’s awfully concerned about taking care of veterans, 9/11 victims, etc. things that shouldn’t be right/left issues. And yeah, he will absolutely eviscerate anyone who wants to debate him on right left issues if they come at him with a piss poor argument. Don’t blame him for that!

I don’t think he’s interested in running anyways so probably a moot point but as someone who is middle of the road, I throw his name out there as a litmus test for those who are so extreme right they can’t listen to anyone who’s not that far out on the plank with them. Yes JS certainly leans left, but he’s not a politician, brilliant, well spoken, and gives his time to fight for worthy causes.

Who, what is John Stewart?
He’s a comedian/former daily show host. Far as I know he doesn’t have an interest in getting into politics but he has gone before congress and fought for issues he believes in…vets, 9/11 victims, etc. If you Google and watch some of these videos you’ll see why he’d be a worthy candidate.

Reactions: mikalalas
He is? For an entertainer seems like he’s awfully concerned about taking care of veterans, 9/11 victims, etc. things that shouldn’t be right/left issues. And yeah, he will absolutely eviscerate anyone who wants to debate him on right left issues if they come at him with a piss poor argument. Don’t blame him for that!

I don’t think he’s interested in running anyways so probably a moot point but as someone who is middle of the road, I throw his name out there as a litmus test for those who are so extreme right they can’t listen to anyone who’s not that far out on the plank with them. Yes JS certainly leans left, but he’s not a politician, brilliant, well spoken, and gives his time to fight for worthy causes.
Have you seen his one on ones? He asks "gotcha" questions and sits back and crosses his arms reveling in his wit and cleverness. Where's the back and forth? Where's the "discussion"? A recent one I saw he was grilling Kathleen Hicks, and while she's a pompous ass in of herself his talking points of "why don't we just quit military and give all the spending to people who (I deem) need it - hur de durr" is an obvious non-starter and in my opinion does a major disservice to his messaging.

FWIW, I like JS for the most part. I think the way he's going about trying to get his message across is dated and ineffective vis a vis getting people to give a shit.

Have you seen his one on ones? He asks "gotcha" questions and sits back and crosses his arms reveling in his wit and cleverness. Where's the back and forth? Where's the "discussion"? A recent one I saw he was grilling Kathleen Hicks, and while she's a pompous ass in of herself his talking points of "why don't we just quit military and give all the spending to people who (I deem) need it - hur de durr" is an obvious non-starter and in my opinion does a major disservice to his messaging.

FWIW, I like JS for the most part. I think the way he's going about trying to get his message across is dated and ineffective vis a vis getting people to give a shit.
I probably haven’t see all of them. Couple things. He probably picks debates he knows he will easily win. That gets back to my point though, if you can’t put together a rational argument for your side, you deserve to have your tongue tied. And he’s really sharp so shame on them if they get embarrassed. And the interviews I’ve seen him do, the folks on the other side deserved to get embarrassed. Same with folks in congress he’s called out.

I doubt I would agree with every issue, but from what I’ve seen he puts together well reasoned arguments. And he just strikes me as an honest compassionate human first, not a typical politician that is only interested in personal gain.

You all say you want new candidates but your only solutions are those who have their head firmly stuffed up trumps ass. Someone said Ted Cruz or Tulsi Gabbard. lol. What’s wrong with Chris Christie or Liz Cheney? They call trump out for what he is so you don’t like them. Which is why the R party is dead until they flush his fat ass.
I'm not saying that Cruz would be good, but Christie and Cheney are swamp creatures. Their media "stardom" comes from being part of the resistance, so MSNBC and CNN love them.

I probably haven’t see all of them. Couple things. He probably picks debates he knows he will easily win. That gets back to my point though, if you can’t put together a rational argument for your side, you deserve to have your tongue tied. And he’s really sharp so shame on them if they get embarrassed. And the interviews I’ve seen him do, the folks on the other side deserved to get embarrassed. Same with folks in congress he’s called out.

I doubt I would agree with every issue, but from what I’ve seen he puts together well reasoned arguments. And he just strikes me as an honest compassionate human first, not a typical politician that is only interested in personal gain.
And he wasn't afraid to say Covid came the from lab, not from a turtle kissing a pangolin.

Biden has claimed the hair sniffing.
One guy has had thousands of public interactions and a handful of awkward photos have been captured. The other guy has had thousands of public interactions and has been found liable for sexual assault with dozens of other credible accusations along with admitting he enjoys sexually assaulting women. Totally the same thing 🙄

IMHO Don’t think those names you mentioned don’t do anything to move the country forward. Complaining about Trump and Biden is not moving forward. It is staying the same. Give me someone who has a plan an idea. Something to focus upon. Don’t care which party. Just praying someone comes from behind the curtain to finally lead. These last 8 years have been awful.
For politics, the last 12, IMO.

One guy has had thousands of public interactions and a handful of awkward photos have been captured. The other guy has had thousands of public interactions and has been found liable for sexual assault with dozens of other credible accusations along with admitting he enjoys sexually assaulting women. Totally the same thing 🙄
Has one of Trump's daughter's written in her diary that she showered with the Donald when she was 12?

And Trump isn't selling himself as some kind of moral paragon. The evangelists love him for his position on abortion. He delivered for them on that issue. He's the definition of a transactional relationship.

Explain this one to me . One Garland gave Trump a gift. If he appointed someone in 2021 to start the investigation on January 6th like the Jan 6th committee with all of Trumps delays the trial would have already been heard . He would have been indicted before he announced he was running It wasn’t until January 6th committee discovered and showed the country what happened on that date did Garland act. He didn’t act originally cause he didn’t want to look like he was being politicall. But Trump would make it look political no matter what even if he was indicted on 6/1/2021 .

Second am i missing something ? Why shouldn’t there be a trial . If I were an innocent man and had nothing to hide hurry up and get it over . You get it only takes one person not to vote guilty and he walks .

Lastly , why can’t he run even if he is convicted ? Is there something in the constitution that says a felon can’t run for President ?

1. CONVICTED IMPRISONED FELONS ARE INELIGIBLE TO RUN FOR THE PRESIDENCY AND CANT HOLD THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY.

2. I DONT WANT, AND TRUMP SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED TO BE THE GOP NOMINEE WHETHER THATS BY NIKKI HALEY DEFEATING HIM, WHICH WONT HAPPEN, OR WHETHER THATS BY HE GETS REMOVED OFF OF THE BALLOTS, GOES TO PRISON, ETC.

3. BOTH BIDEN AND TRUMP BOTH WILL FCK THIS COUNTRY UP EQUALLY AS BAD UP.

4. BECAUSE OF POINT 3 ABOVE, THERE IS NO ACCEPTABLE LESSER OF 2 EVILS OPTION.

5. YOUR READING COMPREHENSION AND POSTING POST THAT ARE RELEVANT TO THE ACTUAL POINTS AND INTENTS OF PREVIOUSLY POSTED POST BY OTHERS NEEDS WORK.

The crux is everyone wants to point out the negatives of the other guy. When the truth of the matter is both candidates are terrible. We deserve a lot better as a country. A new candidate needs to grow a pair shake away from their party norms. Start a new message to unite, something we all can get behind. Arguing, hate and distasteful rhetoric is not it. If either one of these two are elected, I personally don’t see anything changing for the better
Is it "party norms" or fundraising cash? Lara Trump (Donald's daughter in law) is apparently up for co-chair of the RNC. IMO, the only reasonable reaction to that is: F*ck.

Edit to add- A third party seems overdue. But, it would probably be easier to start up a new commercial airline manufacturer and gain market share from Boeing and Airbus, than it would be to gain market share from Rs and Ds given the state of the media and fundraising.

Last edited:

Sounds like a politically incorrect Bill Maher type, which is a good thing. And if he is like Joe Manchin, then that's another good thing.

Has one of Trump's daughter's written in her diary that she showered with the Donald when she was 12?

And Trump isn't selling himself as some kind of moral paragon. The evangelists love him for his position on abortion. He delivered for them on that issue. He's the definition of a transactional relationship.
Lol. The upside down bible photoshoot. “I am the chosen one”. Those are just the two most obvious to refute your point.

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
Stretch … you really believe it is “Deranged” to believe a guy who was found liable for sexual assault, had at least three adulterous affairs , one with a porn star while he had a six month at home, that believes a dictator with 800 nukes pointed at us over his own intelligence agencies ?

You think it is deranged for people to dislike a guy who tried to over turn an election, says the constitution should be thrown out, that Putin should have his way through Nato, and should have immunity for taking docs and hiding them and trying to over turn an election .

I think it is sad and deranged that people think that is ok and it is cool to hear him call someone lyin Ted or Pochantisis
How do you square Putin seizing Crimea while Obama was President and invading Ukraine while Biden was President with what you wrote above?

If you were capable of any rational thought regarding Trump, you would realize that he's continuing to pressure NATO countries to increase military spending, and really his aim is for more US trade with the EU, and less EU trade with Russia. But sure, Trump said scary words, so your TDS is triggered again. Trump is transactional. He will say or do damn near anything (maybe anything) to get the deal he wants.

Last edited:
Sounds like a politically incorrect Bill Maher type, which is a good thing. And if he is like Joe Manchin, then that's another good thing.
Eh 90% of Mahers shtick is politics sort of like Dennis Miller. He’s a sharp guy too don’t get me wrong. JS is more about taking action and getting involved, not just the comedy quips.

Lol. The upside down bible photoshoot. “I am the chosen one”. Those are just the two most obvious to refute your point.
So, somewhere in there one of Trump's daughters wrote in her diary that her and the Donald were in the shower together when she was 12?

I believe this thread has ran its course. Is there someone who can delete it. Nothing to do with sports and a lot of bickering amongst us. We all agree to disagree. No one is going to change another person’s political view in today’s crazy world. Time for closure and get back to discussing Coug Sports.

Im not saying he didn’t but politifact and snopes have labeled these claims as unsubstantiated/false. More made up stuff blown up on Facebook by conspiracy theorists. Meanwhile Trump told Howard stern he’d F his daughter on TV so there’s that.

Reactions: longtimecoug
So, somewhere in there one of Trump's daughters wrote in her diary that her and the Donald were in the shower together when she was 12?
Didn’t need to be posted in a fake diary. He literally told the world he’d F his daughter with her sitting right next to him. Believe your eyes and ears.

Biden's daughter did not write that she was 12 in her diary. I would think you would do better research than wherever you read that. The diary itself is linked below.

What a bunch of bull. This false equivalency argument is amongst the laziest...ever!

One of these two (guess which one) balked at over 225 years of tradition in fomenting a violence-filled transfer of power. That alone SHOULD be a disqualifier. Unfortunately that party is afraid of trumps shadow and is devoid of political courage. Taihtsat

He has gotcha questions because that is where the people interview take it. For example, when talking to and Arkansas woman who helped lead the fight against transgender, he asks a simple question. "If your child has cancer, who would you trust (what source) would your trust on pediatric cancer. Instead of the woman going on for the interview, she answered it...the AMA. Stewart simply asked what I thought was a make sense question, why would you trust the AMA and do a 180 when it comes to the AMA when it comes to gender dysphoria?

Then talked to a congressman about banning books, and the congressman said they had a duty to protect our youth. Stewart asked a simple question, what is the leading cause of death among youth's, and it isn't books, car accidents, or drugs. The congressman said "I guess you will say it is guns"...to which Stewart spot on said "I am not offering an opinion on it, it is fact.

Not sure why these people allow themselves to be interviewed by him. He even had Bill O'Reilly for lunch.

Reactions: Coug90
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT