ADVERTISEMENT

Want to see something depressing?

95coug

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
Today I received - and read - my voters guide for the presidential primary.

If you were hoping for The Apprentice, forget it. We got The Biggest Loser(s).

Reminds me of Joshua’s last line in WarGames: The only winning move is…not to play.

Reminds me of Joshua’s last line in WarGames: The only winning move is…not to play.
It gets worse.

So the Senate votes, 70-29 (uh bipartisan for a change), to pass the foreign aid bill. But Speaker Johnson can singlehandedly prevent the House from taking it up?

Bi-partisan also voted AGAINST the Bill. Citizenship? Got family waiting for over 12 years, the legal way. 5000 migrants a day, still way too many. $60B for Ukraine’s border and pennies for our own border. Politicians can and must present a better Bill

"The mental turnip" versus "the fast fading unhinged self-absorbed orange," a real life South Park episode.

Reactions: Coug90
Oh boy. Orange taint lickers incoming 3…2…
Fascist rightwing orange taint licking, anti-American, FOX-addled pro-Russia/China/Iran/North Korea wankers can suck it.

Anyone that isn’t a turnip 4 years ago knew damn well we’d most likely be seeing this pair of infirm cognitively declining old men facing off.

Not much of a choice but I’ll take the one who isn’t the head of a crime syndicate, doesn’t hate Democracy, didn’t try to overthrow the US government by force and murder Mike Pence, doesn’t cater to “Christian” Nationalists and doesn’t have his tongue up Putin’s ass.

Bi-partisan also voted AGAINST the Bill. Citizenship? Got family waiting for over 12 years, the legal way. 5000 migrants a day, still way too many. $60B for Ukraine’s border and pennies for our own border. Politicians can and must present a better Bill
Trust me...you let Ukraine go you wont have to worry about our border...there will be bigger issues we won’t be able to control.

Last edited:
Fascist rightwing orange taint licking, anti-American, FOX-addled pro-Russia/China/Iran/North Korea wankers can suck it.

Anyone that isn’t a turnip 4 years ago knew damn well we’d most likely be seeing this pair of infirm cognitively declining old men facing off.

Not much of a choice but I’ll take the one who isn’t the head of a crime syndicate, doesn’t hate Democracy, didn’t try to overthrow the US government by force and murder Mike Pence, doesn’t cater to “Christian” Nationalists and doesn’t have his tongue up Putin’s ass.
The GOP support a guy who put Alexei Navalny in prison and he just died today. Navany's crime...wanted democracy for the Russian people.

I love depressing stuff!

I will say that I'm somewhat disappointed in my generation (Gen X). I mean we can't find someone better than these two clowns?

Trust me...you let Ukraine go you wont have to worry about our border...there will be bigger issues we won’t be able to control.
I trust no one. Where is the proof Putin will take over the world? Because some politicians said so? Putin can’t even overtake Ukraine, who has a limited army and supplies. Even the Russians are revolting from the war. Been hearing about this Russian threat for 60 years. Still waiting for it along with gas shortages, coastal flooding….

The GOP support a guy who put Alexei Navalny in prison and he just died today. Navany's crime...wanted democracy for the Russian people.
Was a matter of time before Putin killed him, just as he does with anyone that dares oppose him.

The GOP is utterly sickening. I still cannot get my head around what has become of the Republican Party - reduced to loonies, authoritarian lovers, and enablers with absolutely no principles.

And then you have Tucker Carlson pimping for Putin and Viktor Orban and rightwing morons lapping it up.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
And you say what about Biden not allowing political opponents on a ballot. Not taking about Trump either. His Democratic opponents. What is that word again, oh yeah dictator

I trust no one. Where is the proof Putin will take over the world? Because some politicians said so? Putin can’t even overtake Ukraine, who has a limited army and supplies. Even the Russians are revolting from the war. Been hearing about this Russian threat for 60 years. Still waiting for it along with gas shortages, coastal flooding….
Russia (soviets) have been held in check for "60 years" because we've consistently had administration's that pushed back and stood up to any of their aggressive tactics. Until your boy (I'm assuming) Trump came along.

Admit that he hasn't been more, at least verbally, supportive of putin than any previous GOP or D party member. That's all I have to say about that.

Where was the proof Hitler would invade anyone. Before he did it...none. With Putin he has been into Ukraine three times now. I would think going into Ukraine would be proof enough for you...but apparently not.

You do get despite spooning with Agent Orange/Draft Dodger Donnie/Forrest Trump, that Putin has 800 nukes pointed at us? You know the debt everyone talks about, you know how much went in defense of the cold war? Any idea how many spies have died protecting us? But yes, that is the guy we trust.

You are correct, he has limited supplies. Guess what happens if he is given Ukraine as a wedding gift by Trump...he gets more supplies. More land. More agriculture.

Phillips (D) Minn. if one claims Trump runs the GOP, then the same must be true of Biden and Democrats.

Reactions: 78Chief
Where was the proof Hitler would invade anyone. Before he did it...none. With Putin he has been into Ukraine three times now. I would think going into Ukraine would be proof enough for you...but apparently not.

You do get despite spooning with Agent Orange/Draft Dodger Donnie/Forrest Trump, that Putin has 800 nukes pointed at us? You know the debt everyone talks about, you know how much went in defense of the cold war? Any idea how many spies have died protecting us? But yes, that is the guy we trust.

You are correct, he has limited supplies. Guess what happens if he is given Ukraine as a wedding gift by Trump...he gets more supplies. More land. More agriculture.
In a 1929 speech in Munich, Hitler made these comments “if men wish to live, they must kill others.” “We have never recognized this Treaty…we will take every step which strengthens our arms, which augments the number of our forces, and increases the strength of our people.”

I love depressing stuff!

I will say that I'm somewhat disappointed in my generation (Gen X). I mean we can't find someone better than these two clowns?
Another consequence of being a small generation. We don't control enough votes to elect ourselves.

And, we live up to the stereotype of being the most disillusioned with the whole mess.

Was a matter of time before Putin killed him, just as he does with anyone that dares oppose him.

The GOP is utterly sickening. I still cannot get my head around what has become of the Republican Party - reduced to loonies, authoritarian lovers, and enablers with absolutely no principles.

And then you have Tucker Carlson pimping for Putin and Viktor Orban and rightwing morons lapping it up.
Carlson has pretty much admitted that he only says what he says because it keeps him on the air and generates clicks.
You'd think that would undermine his market, but his followers don't really seem to care.

What opponents did Biden dictate couldn't be on the ballot?
I won't say that Biden didn't allow opponents on the ballot, not his call obviously. But it seems like he has no qualms about DNC making sure no one can meaningfully challenge him.

Like the mighty Red Army can't figure the logistics of invading a neighboring country?

I won't say that Biden didn't allow opponents on the ballot, not his call obviously. But it seems like he has no qualms about DNC making sure no one can meaningfully challenge him.
Sort of a weird take when the only reason he ran in the first place and will run again is to keep Trump from being in power. That should be pretty obvious. And though I’m not a fan of Biden and prefer candidates who aren’t wearing depends, he’s doing the right thing.

Who has been kept off who could present a meaningful challenge?

I can't think of another D who would be able to generate a national following. And aside from Trump, Haley, and DeSantis...I don't know that there's an R that could either.

Reactions: froropmkr72

Do you recall that Putin annexed Crimea while Obama was in the White House, and invaded Ukraine while Biden was in the White House?

There's this crazy idea floating around that Taiwan is much more important to US interests, and that China is a bigger threat than Russia. But I get that re-living the Cold War takes you back to 80s which you must enjoy immensely.

Who has been kept off who could present a meaningful challenge?

I can't think of another D who would be able to generate a national following. And aside from Trump, Haley, and DeSantis...I don't know that there's an R that could either.
If you rig the game, then say no one could present a meaningful challenge, the game is still rigged. Lovely circular logic. What does the self-anointed defender of democracy have to fear from a little democracy?

And do you really think that no one could present a meaningful challenge with polls like this?

Sort of a weird take when the only reason he ran in the first place and will run again is to keep Trump from being in power. That should be pretty obvious. And though I’m not a fan of Biden and prefer candidates who aren’t wearing depends, he’s doing the right thing.
Biden is doing the right thing for who, or for what? The dude started running for President in 1987. The reason he ran was for himself. And yes, so is Trump.

I love depressing stuff!

We can and do. Tulsi was a lock and just what we needed.

The boomers control the RNC and the DNC. Not that he was the answer, but Bernie had the votes but the DNC foisted Hilary onto the ballot anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 78Chief
Biden is doing the right thing for who, or for what? The dude started running for President in 1987. The reason he ran was for himself. And yes, so is Trump.

In a 1929 speech in Munich, Hitler made these comments “if men wish to live, they must kill others.” “We have never recognized this Treaty…we will take every step which strengthens our arms, which augments the number of our forces, and increases the strength of our people.”

Wait … Putin hasn’t shown he is willing to invade sovereign states, but the speech from 1929 says Hitler will go into Czechoslovakia, Poland, France … that is an interesting take.

Russia (soviets) have been held in check for "60 years" because we've consistently had administration's that pushed back and stood up to any of their aggressive tactics. Until your boy (I'm assuming) Trump came along.

Admit that he hasn't been more, at least verbally, supportive of putin than any previous GOP or D party member. That's all I have to say about that.
When Russia marched on Georgia, who was president? Oh, George W Bush. The president who said he looked into Putins soul and saw a good man.

Who was president when Russia annexed Crimea? Oh, Barack Obama. The president who was famously caught on a hot mic telling Russian president Medvedev he would have more flexibility to negotiate after his reelection.

Trump didn't demonize Putin but he also wasn't predictable. He also made it clear if Russia crossed a red line he was going to launch nukes.

Who was president when Russia invaded Ukraine? Oh, Joe Biden. The same president who said the US wouldn't intervene to stop a minor incursion by the Russians.

Diaper Donnie… heard he has the nursing home smell about him .

When Russia marched on Georgia, who was president? Oh, George W Bush. The president who said he looked into Putins soul and saw a good man.

Who was president when Russia annexed Crimea? Oh, Barack Obama. The president who was famously caught on a hot mic telling Russian president Medvedev he would have more flexibility to negotiate after his reelection.

Trump didn't demonize Putin but he also wasn't predictable. He also made it clear if Russia crossed a red line he was going to launch nukes.

Who was president when Russia invaded Ukraine? Oh, Joe Biden. The same president who said the US wouldn't intervene to stop a minor incursion by the Russians.
Not sure of your point .Is your point Putin wants to expand his territory or that Biden and Obama made tactical errors in not confronting Putin before he invaded and tried to take Kiev?

Wait … Putin hasn’t shown he is willing to invade sovereign states, but the speech from 1929 says Hitler will go into Czechoslovakia, Poland, France … that is an interesting take.
The question was proof Hitler was going to invade another country. If that offends some, sorry. It is history. Some should not ask questions, if they won’t like the answer

The question was proof Hitler was going to invade another country. If that offends some, sorry. It is history. Some should not ask questions, if they won’t like the answer
He didn’t say he was invading a country . He said some people would die .

Again, you have one guy who has invaded a country and one guy who you think warned people , but that you have no proof Putin would invade countries .

Feel free to close your eyes…I just look at history and find how disrespectful it is to those who jumped off troop carriers etc and stormed the beaches at Normandy that we would idolize a killer and dictator like Putin and claim “he hasn’t shown that he would go into another country “… when in fact he did.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
Phillips (D) Minn. if one claims Trump runs the GOP, then the same must be true of Biden and Democrats.
As with most of what you post I have no idea what you are talking about. There has only been two Democratic Party primaries. In South Carolina Phillips was on the ballot and got 1.7% of the vote. He apparently missed the filing deadline for the Nevada primary. Marianne Williamson was on the Nevada primary ballot and finished 2nd with 3% of the vote. Phillips is on the Washington primary ballot. Although each state has its own filing rules to be on the ballot in most States it isn't that difficult.
There are, of course, some formidable people who could run against Biden but for the sake of party unity and beating Donald Trump they have chosen not to. One can disagree with their decision but this isn't some grand conspiracy theory. It is widely acknowledged that when anyone with substantial party support runs against an incumbent from that party then the incumbent is weakened. The example of Kennedy running against Carter in 1980 is often mentioned. Again, one can argue against this or claim that it doesn't apply this time but it isn't a conspiracy theory. Possible future candidates like Gov Newson or Gov Whitmer or VP Harris or Transportation Sec Buttigieg or who knows who have all decided not to run.

I guess you must not have read the part of we do not agree with this Treaty. Isn’t that what Putin is all about taking back land. Feel free to open your eyes

As with most of what you post I have no idea what you are talking about. There has only been two Democratic Party primaries. In South Carolina Phillips was on the ballot and got 1.7% of the vote. He apparently missed the filing deadline for the Nevada primary. Marianne Williamson was on the Nevada primary ballot and finished 2nd with 3% of the vote. Phillips is on the Washington primary ballot. Although each state has its own filing rules to be on the ballot in most States it isn't that difficult.
There are, of course, some formidable people who could run against Biden but for the sake of party unity and beating Donald Trump they have chosen not to. One can disagree with their decision but this isn't some grand conspiracy theory. It is widely acknowledged that when anyone with substantial party support runs against an incumbent from that party then the incumbent is weakened. The example of Kennedy running against Carter in 1980 is often mentioned. Again, one can argue against this or claim that it doesn't apply this time but it isn't a conspiracy theory. Possible future candidates like Gov Newson or Gov Whitmer or VP Harris or Transportation Sec Buttigieg or who knows who have all decided not to run.
Of course you do not understand. Check out Florida. No other candidates except Biden. He will be the ONLY Democrat nominee. It has already been taken care of. Taking orders from Biden. Just like the Covid and Twitter and Facebook censorship. I can say that because people say the exact same thing about Trump and MAGA. FWIW I hope both do not run as neither is up for the job. I do not vote party I vote the person who most follows my beliefs

Of course you do not understand. Check out Florida. No other candidates except Biden. He will be the ONLY Democrat nominee. It has already been taken care of. Taking orders from Biden. Just like the Covid and Twitter and Facebook censorship. I can say that because people say the exact same thing about Trump and MAGA. FWIW I hope both do not run as neither is up for the job. I do not vote party I vote the person who most follows my beliefs
If Biden loses do you think he calls for an uprising ? Do you think he develops four ways to override the election. ? To compare the two is like saying one has a wart on his finger and the other has a full on skin disease .

Each State determines its own rules for who is on a primary ballot. Most States are not very difficult. I don't agree with Florida's rather closed system so see we agree on something. Of course, this has almost nothing to do with Biden but that doesn't keep you from assuming it does. I'm quite sure Biden could care less if Dean Phillips is on the ballot in Florida. It might be interesting to see if he gets more than the 1.7% in South Carolina. You can return to your delusional conspiracy theories now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT