ADVERTISEMENT

Great article on Connor Halliday.

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
Can’t link it due to competing websites, but look for it and give it a read. He’s clearly grown up a lot and really came across well in the interview.

He also gave what I think is one of the best answers about the Wulff to Leach transition. Said it was a huge culture change and that a lot of kids just weren’t committed to winning enough to play for Leach. Spot on analysis. The same is said about Belichick, Saban, and probably is the #1 difference maker that separates mediocre and great coaches.

Anyway, I’m glad I read that tonight. Sounded like a true embassador for WSU football.

He has matured a lot. I'm so happy he's got a great job selling sports equipment.

I really think had he come after Falk and learned a little patience he would have been up there as one of the best of all time hands down. He was always just a little bit too impulsive and too high strung, but damn could he sling it. He's also a ferocious competitor.

It really kind of sucks because someone had to lead the team during the transition years, and unfortunately Halliday drew that straw, but still he was the guy who brought the team back to a bowl game in 10 years. Nobody can ever take that away from him, and that was a big accomplishment.

Had the team been more developed he would have reached so much higher. If 2012 was his RS year He would have been the guy from 2013-2016, I think he would have produced just as good as Falk, and pushing Falk back would have let him reach higher ceilings as well, but for a program rebuilding transition QB. Halliday did great. He should be proud and we should be proud of him.

Reactions: wazzubruce
Can’t link it due to competing websites, but look for it and give it a read. He’s clearly grown up a lot and really came across well in the interview.

He also gave what I think is one of the best answers about the Wulff to Leach transition. Said it was a huge culture change and that a lot of kids just weren’t committed to winning enough to play for Leach. Spot on analysis. The same is said about Belichick, Saban, and probably is the #1 difference maker that separates mediocre and great coaches.

Anyway, I’m glad I read that tonight. Sounded like a true embassador for WSU football.

The part about where they were going to release him with broken ribs and he said something else was wrong (lacerated liver, and would have died if they hadn't looked further) was pretty interesting. F-ing uw med schools grads...…………..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT