ADVERTISEMENT

If we only still had

Your giving too much importance to one guy. Thompson would not have made the difference in all our losses. I’m not entirely convinced he’d have changed any of them. Maybe ASU, maybe Oregon. But he wouldn’t have helped the offense against cal, Utah, or UCLA.

But he wouldn’t have helped the offense against cal, Utah, or UCLA

I strongly disagree that his leadership, experience, and pure physical abilities would not have turned the tide in the UCLA game.

Reactions: Coug90
Your giving too much importance to one guy. Thompson would not have made the difference in all our losses. I’m not entirely convinced he’d have changed any of them. Maybe ASU, maybe Oregon. But he wouldn’t have helped the offense against cal, Utah, or UCLA.

One or two key tackles against UCLA and they don't catch up to us. One key tackle on ASU's final drive (or any of their other drives).......and we win. One key play on Oregon's come from behind drive....and we win. So yeah.....Jalen Thompson could have easily made the difference between 5-5 and 8-2. The Cal game was a hot mess but I still think we win that game if we have a competent on the field leader pulling people together.

Utah is a game that requires too many woulda, coulda shouldas to say we would win, but it was 14-13 with Utah at 4th and 1 late in the second. We had them at 3rd and 11 on their first drive of the second half. On their drive where they went up 31-13....we had them on a 3rd and 11 and let them get away. We had chances where we could have ended drives and we couldn't to it? Again, Utah is such a reach that it's hard to believe that Thompson would have made a difference.....but football is a game of momentum and who knows how much impact one guy can make.

Last edited:
. Leach has tried to sell his qb choice and his stats in bad games. the lack of leadership has been a problem all season long.The offense has had problems at key times all season long.

If only Minshew could have hit his foot with a sledgehammer last year for 7th year senior

As gramps often said..."wish in one hand, shit in the other...and see which fills first"

Reactions: 79COUG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT