ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Waldens' legacy at WSU?

Jim Walden was a snake oil salesman plain and simple.

His last year at WSU... another 3 win season
His last year at Iowa state... winless

And fools let him back into Pullman and let him run his mouth and the program back into the ground.

I don’t care about Leach vs Walden that’s an obvious mismatch with Leach winning that easily.

What I care about is throwing out the GARBAGE like Walden and his ilk who did nothing but hold WSU’s growth and potential back so they could circle jerk themselves and “feelin’ all golly gee shucks we’ll having a winning program next year.”

The archive is gone but Walden talked a lot of trash about Mike Price while stumping for Wulff

But you can see the documentation...
https://www.google.com/amp/thesport...walden-loves-paul-wulff-hates-mike-price/amp/

Jim Walden should be run out of the state out of Idaho out of anywhere in the Pacific Northwest.

Why isn’t he hanging around Iowa State? Because they have enough common sense to tell that 0-10 loser to get lost.

I suggest our fan base wake up too.
Actually it is you who has to wake up. Walden was always emotional. Do you believe if Leach was retired and he for some reason stayed involved in WSU football (which he won't) and 8 years down the road Clay McGuire gets the job and struggles, you don't believe Leach wouldn't defend McGuire against the fans and press. You are naïve if you don't believe Leach wouldn't rally for his coaches.

Walden is emotional. But he gives when no other coach did. His deeds speak volumes to me. And what he did on the field in a very different environment saved us from the WAC. Your research should show that was well.

Reactions: Cougzz
Is it possible some posters frustrated with Paul Wulff's methodical tear-down and prolonged rebuild of WSU Football remain angry with Walden six years later because he had the audacity to lash out at their criticism?

I'd bet to this day Walden believes CPW had the program on the right track in 2011 before Bill Moos cut the cord after an overtime loss to Utah and an Apple Cup defeat in Seattle cost WSU its first bowl bid in eight years.

Do you believe if Leach was retired and he for some reason stayed involved in WSU football (which he won't).

Walden is emotional. But he gives when no other coach did. His deeds speak volumes to me. And what he did on the field in a very different environment saved us from the WAC.

Mike Leach is a hired gun — and a very, very good one at that, which is why a traditional power with deep pockets like Tennessee had an agreement with Leach to take over until the athletic department suddenly imploded.

Jim Walden and Paul Wulff carried Pullman, WSU and Cougar Football in their hearts.

To some folks, that means nothing.

But to others, it matters. A lot.

The reason ALL the games are back in Pullman and not Spokane is solely due to the academic calendar switch in 1984 and not Jim Walden. Prior to 1984, Fall Semester started in late September (like it does at UW) which led to the first 4 games of the season occurring while the students were out of Pullman. The September start also had the infamous "lame duck session" for Fall Semester in January which made Christmas break much less enjoyable. This change in the academic calendar should have happened up to two decades earlier - the "harvest" excuse was always weak. (And keeping spring semester in session until June on the old calendar always made getting summer jobs for students difficult)

If academic calendar switch had happened a decade or two sooner, it wouldn't taken until 1969 for an arsonist to finish off Rogers Field or 1981 to expand Martin Stadium. (Why invest in a stadium if half the "home" games are happening while the students are out of town?

There were 2 more Spokane games in 1983 the year after the Apple Cup came back to Pullman.

There were ZERO Spokane football games once the new academic calendar started in 1984.
True...but he was the only reason the Apple Cup, UCLA, and USC started to play in Pullman. Think about every other school in the country playing their rival where their rival wanted to play, and never on the campus of the university. It is unheard of.

Is it possible some posters frustrated with Paul Wulff's methodical tear-down and prolonged rebuild of WSU Football remain angry with Walden six years later because he had the audacity to lash out at their criticism?

I'd bet to this day Walden believes CPW had the program on the right track in 2011 before Bill Moos cut the cord after an overtime loss to Utah and an Apple Cup defeat in Seattle cost WSU its first bowl bid in eight years.

I had a hunch you were going to go there. Anyone who believed this is truly an idiot, the historic wins over Idaho State and UNLV in 2011 notwithstanding. One thing about this thread I find telling are the magnum opuses here from people who hardly posted during last year's eight-game winning streak or whenever else WSU is doing well now. It's quite telling.
It's true that Jim Sweeney, Warren Powers, and even Bert Clark posted 7-win seasons before Walden showed up. The occasional good season was there. Walden, however, had three in four years, and that's nothing to shake a stick at, and there is no denying he recruited the foundation for that 1988 team, but it's arguable he wouldn't have coached them to a winning season. The 1985 season, in which he and some of his assistants mistreated players, and the '86 season - the tie with ASU and the win over USC aside - clearly showed it was time for him to hit the road.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
Walden's virtue and his vice is that he wears his heart on his sleeve. Ed has listed his accomplishments stabilizing the program after Sweeney left and then two one-and-dones. And, yes, there was serious talk about banishing WSU to the Big Sky or another lesser conference. The "vice" aspect arose after CPW was canned. He supported one of his boys. Stupidly, as we can all agree but still loyal to a fault. For better or worse, he has been an influence on our football team for some time and did his best to support it in his own way. We have all made poor decisions over the years and failed at more than a few endeavors. Cut him some slack. Once a Coug, always a Coug.

Reactions: Coug95man2

And that’s just one of the things that are wrong with Walden. He would (or perhaps did) crap on everything to support Wulff. Including the AD, the University, Doba, etc.

Reactions: Cougatron
Walden's virtue and his vice is that he wears his heart on his sleeve. Ed has listed his accomplishments stabilizing the program after Sweeney left and then two one-and-dones. And, yes, there was serious talk about banishing WSU to the Big Sky or another lesser conference. The "vice" aspect arose after CPW was canned. He supported one of his boys. Stupidly, as we can all agree but still loyal to a fault. For better or worse, he has been an influence on our football team for some time and did his best to support it in his own way. We have all made poor decisions over the years and failed at more than a few endeavors. Cut him some slack. Once a Coug, always a Coug.

Pretty sure he turned in his Coug card. He of doesn’t want to be a Coug, why should I treat him as one?

Pretty sure he turned in his Coug card. He of doesn’t want to be a Coug, why should I treat him as one?

Yeah, I guess that's the thing about both Walden and Wulff.

Too many people heard nothing but sour grapes from the two ex-coaches when they didn't get their way at WSU.

Strange turn of events for two guys, each of whom at one time or another probably envisioned himself as a WSU lifer.

Paul Wulff, for sure figured he would never leave Pullman when he was hired by Jim Sterk in late 2007.

Actually it is you who has to wake up. Walden was always emotional. Do you believe if Leach was retired and he for some reason stayed involved in WSU football (which he won't) and 8 years down the road Clay McGuire gets the job and struggles, you don't believe Leach wouldn't defend McGuire against the fans and press. You are naïve if you don't believe Leach wouldn't rally for his coaches.

Walden is emotional. But he gives when no other coach did. His deeds speak volumes to me. And what he did on the field in a very different environment saved us from the WAC. Your research should show that was well.

I believe that Leach wouldn't come crawling to Pullman after going 0-10 somewhere else and tell everybody what to do after posting 6 out of 9 losing seasons Ed.

Here's the blunt reality.

0-10 coach came to Pullman and told fools what to do and we got a 9-40 tenure and then he blamed us for it.

That's the reality Ed. That's what happened. 0-10-1 coach came to Pullman and people were dumb enough to listen to him and got 9-40. That's the honest TRUTH.

I believe that Leach wouldn't come crawling to Pullman after going 0-10 somewhere else and tell everybody what to do after posting 6 out of 9 losing seasons Ed.

0-10 coach came to Pullman and told fools what to do and we got a 9-40 tenure and then he blamed us for it.

That's the reality Ed. That's what happened. 0-10-1 coach came to Pullman and people were dumb enough to listen to him and got 9-40. That's the honest TRUTH.

The search committee head who recommended Paul Wulff's hiring had a big voice in the matter.

People always like to skip over that part of the rant.

And would someone kindly link me to the transcript where the former Athletic Director expressed some form of appreciation to Cougar Nation for supporting his time in Pullman before he left? I missed that somehow.

I just want to make sure his Cougar card is still active and he wasn't just doing the job for a paycheck.

Last edited:
The search committee head who recommended Paul Wulff's hiring had a big voice in the matter.

And would someone kindly link me to the transcript where the former Athletic Director expressed some form of appreciation to Cougar Nation for supporting his time in Pullman before he left? I missed that somehow.

I just want to make sure his Cougar card is still active and he wasn't just doing the job for a paycheck.

The former athletic director left us a beautifully renovated stadium, football operations building, and 3 consecutive winning seasons.

He also asked for an extension to his contract and wasn't given one. So he left.

Here's what Jim Walden said about Leach

""I don't know who this guy is, and I don't care if he goes on to big wins and big seasons. I don't want to be around someone who treats people this way. I can't sort out being a Cougar and being around this guy. I'm proud of the Cougar way and how Cougars operate and the culture of which they are. He's embarrassing my profession. He's taking me somewhere I don't want to go."
– Jim Walden

"Being a Cougar. The cougar way. How Cougars operate"

Being a Cougar under Jim Walden was being a loser.
The Cougar way was losing more than you win.
He wanted it to continue operating that way so his loser self could hang around.

GOOD RIDDANCE TO WALDEN.

The next best day for Cougar football is when he is dead in the dirt. And NO I don't think that's too harsh. I think it is absolutely justified.

He did more damage to WSU than good. He needed to be shown the door, I'm glad he's not in the program anymore and now we can move forward towards building and growing. He never actually really wanted that because it would expose him for the trash he was. He was TRASH. But when the program is a steaming pile of 9-40... TRASH looks pretty good. Now he's exposed as the trash he is and he hated it.

The former athletic director left us a beautifully renovated stadium, football operations building, and 3 consecutive winning seasons.

He also asked for an extension to his contract and wasn't given one. So he left.

Here's what Jim Walden said about Leach

""I don't know who this guy is, and I don't care if he goes on to big wins and big seasons. I don't want to be around someone who treats people this way. I can't sort out being a Cougar and being around this guy. I'm proud of the Cougar way and how Cougars operate and the culture of which they are. He's embarrassing my profession. He's taking me somewhere I don't want to go."
– Jim Walden

"Being a Cougar. The cougar way. How Cougars operate"

Being a Cougar under Jim Walden was being a loser.
The Cougar way was losing more than you win.
He wanted it to continue operating that way so his loser self could hang around.

GOOD RIDDANCE TO WALDEN.

The next best day for Cougar football is when he is dead in the dirt. And NO I don't think that's too harsh. I think it is absolutely justified.

He did more damage to WSU than good. He needed to be shown the door, I'm glad he's not in the program anymore and now we can move forward towards building and growing. He never actually really wanted that because it would expose him for the trash he was. He was TRASH. But when the program is a steaming pile of 9-40... TRASH looks pretty good. Now he's exposed as the trash he is and he hated it.

So - you don't have a link to the former athletic directors appreciation to Cougar Nation?

So - you don't have a link to the former athletic directors appreciation to Cougar Nation?

I don't need appreciation. I need results.

I DON'T GIVE A F.UCK ABOUT FEELINGS.

I CARE ABOUT BUILDING SHI.T

Either you are making things better, or you are making things worse. It's that simple.

And Walden has proved he makes things worse.

Moos has proven he makes things better. He did it at Oregon, he did it at WSU, and he will go it at Nebraska.

Either you are making things better, or you are making things worse. It's that simple.

Moos has proven he makes things better. He did it at Oregon, he did it at WSU, and he will go it at Nebraska.

I'll take that as a 'no' you don't have a link or a transcript.

I'll take that as a 'no' you don't have a link or a transcript.

Why do you need it?

You need someone to tell you things to make you feel good? Are you that fragile?

His thanks was giving us a better program.

I appreciate that. Because it's actually tangible.

FEELINGS ARE BULLSH*T and that's what Walden was about.

Never producing anything tangible. But you felt something.

And that's exactly how losers act and talk.

Why do you need it?

You need someone to tell you things to make you feel good? Are you that fragile?

His thanks was giving us a better program.

I appreciate that. Because it's actually tangible.

FEELINGS ARE BULLSH*T and that's what Walden was about.

Never producing anything tangible. But you felt something.

And that's exactly how losers act and talk.

If MY feelings were paramount, why would I even respond? Excellent work on the ALL CAPS SHOUTING! I 'feel' your strong 'feelings'.

You don't have a transcript of the classy way Moos went out of Pullman. Thanks - i'll keep looking.

If MY feelings were paramount, why would I even respond? Excellent work on the ALL CAPS SHOUTING! I 'feel' your strong 'feelings'.

You don't have a transcript of the classy way Moos went out of Pullman. Thanks - i'll keep looking.

You need a "classy" exit. Poor baby. Let me get Paul Wulff to give you a juice box. Then you will feel all better. Here we will get Bill to powder your butt and whipe your ass too.

I think it's important to include within that framework there were at least whispers that Sumlin was first choice ("amazing interview" is what leaked) and Hoke second choice but they both wanted more money. I don't remember it being much more than Wulff ended up getting but IMO an important aspect for context.

Yes, I know that is your BLUNT reality. The truth is he gave Wulff a thumbs up. You somehow neglect the following truths. Walden last coached in 1994. That is when he was 0-10-1. He should have never taken that job. Regardless whether he was 0-10-1, his "crawling back" came 13 years later. He was already involved in the program. Mike Price should have been the hire. Period. Why Walden gets your wrath for the HIRE is beyond me. Moos was on the committee. Sterk made the hire and Floyd signed off on it.

How much do you believe Walden made in coaching? I know when he was hired I think he made 75k as the head coach. I think he made 250,000 a year at ISU. Maybe more. Leach in one year made more than Walden did in his entire career. Do you believe Leach will give back 1% of his gross income to the university as Walden did to build the weight room? That means after 10 years here Leach would give 3 million back to the program. My guess is not.

So you can be pissed all you want, but be pissed at the people who hired him, not the person who was an advocate.

I think it's important to include within that framework there were at least whispers that Sumlin was first choice ("amazing interview" is what leaked) and Hoke second choice but they both wanted more money. I don't remember it being much more than Wulff ended up getting but IMO an important aspect for context.
Hoke would have been a disaster, just a more high priced disaster. Never got the fascination with Sumlin. Price should have been the person hired to right the ship.

You need a "classy" exit. Poor baby. Let me get Paul Wulff to give you a juice box. Then you will feel all better. Here we will get Bill to powder your butt and whipe your ass too.

I don't 'need' anything.

But there are professional standards of behavior that are pretty much universal - including a gracious expression to one's previous employer. The lack thereof is simply another example of lacking emotional IQ.

Or do we really need to revisit the secret no-bowl list, inability to close major donors or firing people by text/email?

Blasphemy, I know.

As someone who is "results" oriented you sure are a "sensitive" when it comes to people who voice there frustration after getting hammered in numerous apple cups and this past bowl game.

And Walden made it better when he was here. Mike Leach would never coach for a WAC team in Pullman. That is making it better.

Hoke would have been a disaster, just a more high priced disaster. Never got the fascination with Sumlin. Price should have been the person hired to right the ship.
I wasn't arguing they would have necessarily been better although I do assume they would have been. That's all speculation. What isn't is that Wulff probably wasn't our first or even second choice. He was the affordable choice.

As someone who is "results" oriented you sure are a "sensitive" when it comes to people who voice there frustration after getting hammered in numerous apple cups and this past bowl game.

And Walden made it better when he was here. Mike Leach would never coach for a WAC team in Pullman. That is making it better.

HE DID coach for a Wac team in Pullman Ed. We were a WAC team in Pullman because of Wulff and Walden.

I evaluate the overall results.

Are we building or deteriorating as a program. Leach is building.

I don't put EVERYTHING on the Apple cup. Only an idiot would put everything on 1 regular season game.

UW has almost TRIPPLE the financial resources and almost double the capacity stadium. I'm not stupid and getting suckered into that comparison.

What I care about is are we building? And the answer is Yes. And I want to continue that.

Does Martin hold 70k and is the athletic budget on par? That's what I care about.

And how do you achieve that? Keep winning. Like winning every single home game. Which we did this year Ed.

But your stupidity doesn't let you see that. Every single person who bought a ticket to see the Cougs play in Pullman watched them win this year. Every single one.

I don't 'need' anything.

But there are professional standards of behavior that are pretty much universal - including a gracious expression to one's previous employer. The lack thereof is simply another example of lacking emotional IQ.

Or do we really need to revisit the secret no-bowl list, inability to close major donors or firing people by text/email?

Blasphemy, I know.

Professional standards?

I'll tell you what isn't professional standards. Having a drug ring on campus with kids living in grow houses putting out a 9-40 team and having teams kneel at halftime on television because they feel sorry for us.

Here's some real professional standards.

You suck at your job you are fired.

Not "oh well we'll keep em' because golly gee willikers we like the way he makes me feel"

NO. No job I know of works like that. You perform or you are fired.
No HR recruiters are out there being like oh hey that loudmouth (0-11) person let's have him on the consulting team.

No. No. No.

But I will tell you what happens when people are REALLY good at their job. They get raises. They get other offers. They leave and go for better opportunities. And they don't necessarily write back to the old employer and thank them.

HE DID coach for a Wac team in Pullman Ed. We were a WAC team in Pullman because of Wulff and Walden.

I evaluate the overall results.

Are we building or deteriorating as a program. Leach is building.

I don't put EVERYTHING on the Apple cup. Only an idiot would put everything on 1 regular season game.

UW has almost TRIPPLE the financial resources and almost double the capacity stadium. I'm not stupid and getting suckered into that comparison.

What I care about is are we building? And the answer is Yes. And I want to continue that.

Does Martin hold 70k and is the athletic budget on par? That's what I care about.

And how do you achieve that? Keep winning. Like winning every single home game. Which we did this year Ed.

But your stupidity doesn't let you see that. Every single person who bought a ticket to see the Cougs play in Pullman watched them win this year. Every single one.
And will that be the case next year? Winning? Will we drift back to 5-7 or 6-6? Easily. We have no defensive tackles.

You are so full of it. In terms of resources in the Walden years WSU played UW in Spokane, USC in Spokane and Seattle and same with UCLA. We had no facilities. We shared a practice facility with our intramural department.

And most important, the likes of Hercules and others could have been rotting on the end of the bench for UCLA, USC and others. Hell Anthony Davis who lit up the Irish in the second half back in the early 70's was the back up tailback. Their 3rd string back who never played got drafted by the NFL and got a cup of coffee.

I get you are all about building. So when they fall back next year and don't win all or most of their home games will you still be on top of the numbers?

BTW why are you so sensitive when we get waxed by UW and MSU and people question the play calling and effort when you are such a results guy. What about the results against our rival. We haven't been competitive in the last four Apple Cups. Coaches get fired for those type of results.

In terms of resources...UW use to spend 10 times what WSU did in recruiting alone. They had the richest radio contract at the time. It was during the day when Lude was there and we had NO TV exposure.

Yep, tell Keith Millard they played for the WAC, and Williams, Howard, Utley, Borussard, Rypien. Let them know how you are "results" oriented yet cry like a baby when people vent over getting boat raced by the UW.

Last edited:
Yes, I know that is your BLUNT reality. The truth is he gave Wulff a thumbs up. You somehow neglect the following truths. Walden last coached in 1994. That is when he was 0-10-1. He should have never taken that job. Regardless whether he was 0-10-1, his "crawling back" came 13 years later. He was already involved in the program. Mike Price should have been the hire. Period. Why Walden gets your wrath for the HIRE is beyond me. Moos was on the committee. Sterk made the hire and Floyd signed off on it.

How much do you believe Walden made in coaching? I know when he was hired I think he made 75k as the head coach. I think he made 250,000 a year at ISU. Maybe more. Leach in one year made more than Walden did in his entire career. Do you believe Leach will give back 1% of his gross income to the university as Walden did to build the weight room? That means after 10 years here Leach would give 3 million back to the program. My guess is not.

So you can be pissed all you want, but be pissed at the people who hired him, not the person who was an advocate.

Walden didn't "come back" 13 years later. Walden came back in 2001 as color commentator.

And the weight room for the cougs in the football ops building. Leach has made more money for WSU in his six years than Walden ever has.

He came back in 2001. Not 13 years later. That was when he became a color commentator.and that's after they got sick of him trying to hang around in Iowa.

Here's what Iowa State had to say about "Jim Walden" in 1995.

"After going winless last season under the "inspirational" leadership of football mastermind Jim Walden, nothing could have made my year more than the firing of that kook." [Source]

He came back in 2001 because the state of Iowa was done with him. He had no good options, but WSU was good again and getting attention and ole bullsh*tter Walden wanted some of that spotlight.

And will that be the case next year? Winning? Will we drift back to 5-7 or 6-6? Easily. We have no defensive tackles.

You are so full of it. In terms of resources in the Walden years WSU played UW in Spokane, USC in Spokane of Seattle and same with UCLA. We had no facilities. We shared a practice facility with our intramural department.

And most important, the likes of Hercules and others could have been rotting on the end of the bench for UCLA, USC and others. Hell Anthony Davis who lit up the Irish in the second half back in the early 70's was the back up tailback. Their 3rd string back who never played got drafted by the NFL and got a cup of coffee.

I get you are all about building. So when they fall back next year and don't win all or most of their home games will you still be on top of the numbers?

BTW why are you so sensitive when we get waxed by UW and MSU and people question the play calling and effort when you are such a results guy. What about the results against our rival. We haven't been competitive in the last four Apple Cups. Coaches get fired for those type of results.

I believe our results against UW and Michigan State are exactly what our results should be facing teams of that caliber. Playing UW in montlake when they have a top 10 scoring defense. Same with Michigan State that has had almost a decade of winning and program building.

They are further along than us Ed as programs.

"So when we fall back".

Coaches get fired for those results at programs where you can fire coaches for those results. We aren't that program.

BECAUSE 2 of the last coaches were WULFF AND WALDEN and they both SUCKED. THEY SUCKED.

0-10-1 Coach
9-40 Coach

NO THANK YOU.

Professional standards?

I'll tell you what isn't professional standards. Having a drug ring on campus with kids living in grow houses putting out a 9-40 team and having teams kneel at halftime on television because they feel sorry for us.

Here's some real professional standards.

You suck at your job you are fired.

Not "oh well we'll keep em' because golly gee willikers we like the way he makes me feel"

NO. No job I know of works like that. You perform or you are fired.
No HR recruiters are out there being like oh hey that loudmouth (0-11) person let's have him on the consulting team.

No. No. No.

But I will tell you what happens when people are REALLY good at their job. They get raises. They get other offers. They leave and go for better opportunities. And they don't necessarily write back to the old employer and thank them.

Ah...the drug ring. Trust me when I tell you, there hasn't been a saint since I stepped on campus in 79, and there aren't ones now. There were dealers who you would have never suspected in all the generations, from Waldens players to Ericksons, to Price's, to Wulff's and even Leach's.

When a player now gets booted, any idea why?

I believe our results against UW and Michigan State are exactly what our results should be facing teams of that caliber. Playing UW in montlake when they have a top 10 scoring defense. Same with Michigan State that has had almost a decade of winning and program building.

They are further along than us Ed as programs.

"So when we fall back".

Coaches get fired for those results at programs where you can fire coaches for those results. We aren't that program.

BECAUSE 2 of the last coaches were WULFF AND WALDEN and they both SUCKED. THEY SUCKED.

0-10-1 Coach
9-40 Coach

NO THANK YOU.
Nice sliding scale....

Ah...the drug ring. Trust me when I tell you, there hasn't been a saint since I stepped on campus in 79, and there aren't ones now. There were dealers who you would have never suspected in all the generations, from Waldens players to Ericksons, to Price's, to Wulff's and even Leach's.

Geezus Ed, quit feeding the troll and quit being one. Let this thread die. It's over.

FWIW, Walden was a good choice as a color commentator for WSU. He cared about WSU, he was amusing and a good counter-balance to Bob Robertson. There was a moment every game where he sounded like an idiot homer and his southern speaking style certainly did nothing to make WSU and Pullman appear less backwoods but overall, most people thought he was good at what he did. Of course, anyone who listens to SEC football should realize that Walden is not alone in his color commentary style. Walden was fine in his role in the booth. That didn't give him undue influence on the Wulff hire. As mentioned above, he was one piece of a larger group so..........Tron......your assertion that Walden is the sole reason that Wulff was hired is just.......plain........wrong.

Wulff was more successful at EWU than his predecessor and his EWU team had just finished a 9-4 season with an appearance in the FCS playoffs. The Eagles had made the FCS playoffs in 3 out of 4 seasons when they had only been to the playoffs three times in school history before him. He was a WSU alum with a backstory and a desire to do good things. In general, there was all around optimism about his hire. The only concerns that I heard was that he had started making excuses about the difficulty of the WSU job before he had coached his first game.

To say that Walden forced him on us borders on stupid. Was Wulff an abject failure at WSU? Sure. Should he have been fired? Yes. Did Walden act like a jackass when it happened? Yes. I get why you don't like Walden......but you are completely irrational about it and it's obvious that you don't have any desire to even consider that despite the man's flaws, he did do some good in his time at WSU. Unfortunately, you're attitude on this is very reflective of so many things going on in our country right now. So, you can feel good that you aren't alone in seeking the extreme on this topic. It's typical these days.

They get booted because Leach boots them instead of recruiting drug ring runners who live in grow houses Ed.

Wulff and Walden are trash.

FWIW, Walden was a good choice as a color commentator for WSU. He cared about WSU, he was amusing and a good counter-balance to Bob Robertson. There was a moment every game where he sounded like an idiot homer and his southern speaking style certainly did nothing to make WSU and Pullman appear less backwoods but overall, most people thought he was good at what he did. Of course, anyone who listens to SEC football should realize that Walden is not alone in his color commentary style. Walden was fine in his role in the booth. That didn't give him undue influence on the Wulff hire. As mentioned above, he was one piece of a larger group so..........Tron......your assertion that Walden is the sole reason that Wulff was hired is just.......plain........wrong.

Wulff was more successful at EWU than his predecessor and his EWU team had just finished a 9-4 season with an appearance in the FCS playoffs. The Eagles had made the FCS playoffs in 3 out of 4 seasons when they had only been to the playoffs three times in school history before him. He was a WSU alum with a backstory and a desire to do good things. In general, there was all around optimism about his hire. The only concerns that I heard was that he had started making excuses about the difficulty of the WSU job before he had coached his first game.

To say that Walden forced him on us borders on stupid. Was Wulff an abject failure at WSU? Sure. Should he have been fired? Yes. Did Walden act like a jackass when it happened? Yes. I get why you don't like Walden......but you are completely irrational about it and it's obvious that you don't have any desire to even consider that despite the man's flaws, he did do some good in his time at WSU. Unfortunately, you're attitude on this is very reflective of so many things going on in our country right now. So, you can feel good that you aren't alone in seeking the extreme on this topic. It's typical these days.

WALDEN LOBBIED LIKE CRAZY FOR WULFF.

"I had mentioned this a week or so ago, about Jim Walden’s interview on KRKO 1380. Walden has gone out of his way to explain why Wulff is the guy to hire" source

If you all want to be losers than bring in the Wulff's and Walden's.

If you all want to be winners you bring in the Leach's and the Moos'

that's the truth. And it is that black and white.

Nobody hires or brings 0-10-1 coach's around to tell them who to hire except idiots.

That's like having Tyrone Willingham come in and tell the Huskies who to hire. It's THAT stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT