ADVERTISEMENT

Just wanting to discuss our offense

Cougini5591

Team Captain
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2022
I have seen flashes of brilliance and awesome. However, yesterday felt like 1994.

Overall, we must be flat out bad again on the Oline. TE concept seems to be of very little use/value.

I think the play calling has been around a B-. I mean... at times... it looks like we can flow. Actually be pretty wicked. But with what I saw yesterday withthe number "bad streaks" in other games. I'm not really that confident. We have had other teams where we could just go and move the ball. Why is it that we get into so many "3-and-outs" and lots of 3rd and long?

I'm more than a little confused on why we are where we are offensively.

Thoughts?

I have seen flashes of brilliance and awesome. However, yesterday felt like 1994.

Overall, we must be flat out bad again on the Oline. TE concept seems to be of very little use/value.

I think the play calling has been around a B-. I mean... at times... it looks like we can flow. Actually be pretty wicked. But with what I saw yesterday withthe number "bad streaks" in other games. I'm not really that confident. We have had other teams where we could just go and move the ball. Why is it that we get into so many "3-and-outs" and lots of 3rd and long?

Thoughts?
The game is always a blur to me next day (and I wasn't even drinking!). But, those turnovers hurt bad. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we were driving on 3 if not all 4 of them. Take those away and what would the offense have looked like?

Thoughts?
I was listening to the radio broadcast with the TV volume down, so I'm not sure what Yogi may have said. My impression was the first drive or two, UCLA was giving enough cushion for the hitches to work. The UCLA DC was basically figuring out how long his pass rush needed to get home. Then tightened up the coverage once it was clear it wasn't taking all that long. The fumbles early hurt. Getting up 10 early may have changed the game.

The OL play is troubling. They looked like it was the first game of the season, not sure who to block, etc. Way too many whiffs, and just flat out not executing a block.

I wonder if UCLA having a great defense was a factor?
You know better than that. We're always better than the other team. Biggs will explain how many coaches should be riding the Greyhound home.

UCLA's defense is pretty great. I think that was most of it. It really is unfortunate we have had the attrition we've had on the OL, though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT