ADVERTISEMENT

Leach detractors- have you seen IT?

Yeah the 1991 defense was ranked #91 out of 107 in points allowed
and jumped to #61st of 107 in 1992.

So basically if we go from a bad scoring defense to a mediocre one.
Yeah the 1991 defense was ranked #91 out of 107 in points allowed
and jumped to #61st of 107 in 1992.

So basically if we go from a bad scoring defense to a mediocre one.

But "that whole defense was littered with sophs." And it was a defense that, without Fields, got slapped around in '93 by Michigan, USC, Oregon, UCLA, and UW.

Perhaps you should look in the mirror next time you accuse one of having reading comprehension issues. I never said the whole defense were Sophs...just the nucleus of that 94 D.

We know that you hate stats and algorithms, but he listed six guys. That would be a majority.

Reactions: wulffui
Wulffui, well...I disagree with you. Not shouting down anything. I simply disagree where the program was back in 2007. I saw the attrition, I know the parts they had and they didn't have. I know what parts Leach had and didn't have when he took the job.
So did I in 2007. Yet, I have come to entirely different conclusions than you. I knew the parts that Leach had and didn't have, yet again I have come to different conclusions than you.

Ok, now what?

Yeah he's a fast guy okay he's a bad example.
You know the difference between those on this side of the argument versus that side of the argument? We admit when we are wrong. We don't try to weasel our argument and frame it another way so we don't have to admit we were wrong.

You know the difference between those on this side of the argument versus that side of the argument? We admit when we are wrong. We don't try to weasel our argument and frame it another way so we don't have to admit we were wrong.

I can admit I made a mistake, or cite something wrong, but there is no denying how unbelievably bad Paul Wulff was yet some how...there are those who basically no matter how completely wrong they are despite mountains of facts that stare them in the face...

I can admit I made a mistake, or cite something wrong, but there is no denying how unbelievably bad Paul Wulff was yet some how...there are those who basically no matter how completely wrong they are despite mountains of facts that stare them in the face...
Well, to be fair, it is easier standing on this side of the fence. The facts have always been on our side. Our eyes tell us something and we can look up statistics to tell us if what we think we are seeing is true.

Their answer is statistics are stupid and for nerds. Never mind that every major corporation nowadays invests heavily in statistical analysis. Never mind that the majority of successful major sports franchises invest heavily in statistical analysis.

Well, to be fair, it is easier standing on this side of the fence. The facts have always been on our side. Our eyes tell us something and we can look up statistics to tell us if what we think we are seeing is true.

Their answer is statistics are stupid and for nerds. Never mind that every major corporation nowadays invests heavily in statistical analysis. Never mind that the majority of successful major sports franchises invest heavily in statistical analysis.

As I've said before, every fan base has its share of idiots, but ours are special.

Well, this isn't a major corporation or a sports franchise. It's a msg board. And the fact you have admitted that you used t spend hours of research to prove Ed wrong means you didn't know what you were talking about in the first place.

Well, this isn't a major corporation or a sports franchise. It's a msg board. And the fact you have admitted that you used t spend hours of research to prove Ed wrong means you didn't know what you were talking about in the first place.

No what that means is he provides evidence to support the views he has. You provide no evidence other than "I see with my own eyes". UFO people say that. The people that saw Bigfoot and the Lochness monster all say those kinds of things. "If I saw it it must be true!"

Reactions: YakiCoug

Valiant effort?

Yeah. That's it :rolleyes:. In everything I do, I like to understand things before I speak. Even if I know the answer, I still make sure I am correct. You on the other hand belong to the category of people in this following statement that do the latter, not the former: "It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

This is a big reason why you are so often wrong. You think you know things, but you don't. You make up things out of thin air because it is your feelings, but not based on reality.

This is a message board and how we carry on a conversation. It is the means to our ends to converse. The message board is not the subject. Cougar football and sports are. That you do not know this is amazing. Yet, you tell me I don't know what I am talking about in the first place?

No what that means is he provides evidence to support the views he has. You provide no evidence other than "I see with my own eyes". UFO people say that. The people that saw Bigfoot and the Lochness monster all say those kinds of things. "If I saw it it must be true!"
Well, unlike big foot and the lochness monster, I have seen crappy football under Leach which is on display for all to see....

Not just those claiming to take a joy ride on a flying saucer.

Even in the miracle yr of 2013, look at how many blowouts there were...including Oregon St.

I don't need stats and pie charts to show me that our secondary can't cover and our special teams are awful...and that our offense is too easy to defend because we barely run the ball.

Last edited:
Yeah. That's it :rolleyes:. In everything I do, I like to understand things before I speak. Even if I know the answer, I still make sure I am correct. You on the other hand belong to the category of people in this following statement that do the latter, not the former: "It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

This is a big reason why you are so often wrong. You think you know things, but you don't. You make up things out of thin air because it is your feelings, but not based on reality.

This is a message board and how we carry on a conversation. It is the means to our ends to converse. The message board is not the subject. Cougar football and sports are. That you do not know this is amazing. Yet, you tell me I don't know what I am talking about in the first place?
Well..the thing is, I'm not so often wrong. Just because someone on a msg board who has never played football but can compile stats and pie charts does not make it so.

And since you're so fond of popular sayings, I'm sure you've heard about the herd mentality and the saying "masses are asses".

Last edited:
Fine fine fine fine, but have team size and speed improved under Leach?
Well, you would certainly expect them to considering he replaced the worst coach in history.

Size has on the Oline. Not sure speed has in the back 7. At least it doesn't jump out as being a huge upgrade in speed. I also don't see any Deonne Buchannons here. We'll see in another 2 months, though.

Well, unlike big foot and the lochness monster, I have seen crappy football under Leach which is on display for all to see....

Even in the miracle yr of 2013, look at how many blowouts there were...including Oregon St.

I don't need stats and pie charts to show me that our secondary can't cover and our special teams are awful...and that our offense is too easy to defend because we barely run the ball.
It's like the people who claimed Wulff "really improved" in 2011, when what he really did was beat two joke teams by 100 points, and stop trying to score when they got behind 2 or 3 scores in other games, because still trying is a way to turn a respectable 17 point loss into a 35 point blowout. That Oregon game... man, I think guys are still walking verrrrrrrry slowly up to the line.

It's like the people who claimed Wulff "really improved" in 2011, when what he really did was beat two joke teams by 100 points, and stop trying to score when they got behind 2 or 3 scores in other games, because still trying is a way to turn a respectable 17 point loss into a 35 point blowout. That Oregon game... man, I think guys are still walking verrrrrrrry slowly up to the line.
WTF are you talking about with the 2nd part of your nonsense? Sounds like Cougar conspiracy theory.

Leach teams have done the same thing as your conspiracy theory in the magical season of 2013 and 2014 as well.

WTF are you talking about with the 2nd part of your nonsense? Sounds like Cougar conspiracy theory.

Leach teams have done the same thing as your conspiracy theory in the magical season of 2013 and 2014 as well.
Which part of it is so offensive to you? Yeah, Wulff by 2011 was interested in looking competent more than actual wins, so you had 8 minute long drives... down 17, as the clock ticked away late in the fourth. So, if I suggest WULFF did it, it's "Cougar Conspiracy". Then in your next sentence, you say, oh, Leach did it too. Do you even know what it is?

Nice job, Captain Save-a-Wulff.

Sorry, I was wrong- down three scores with 8 minutes... Wulff went for a 13 play, 85 yard drive that took six minutes, with a healthy amount of run plays. Divorced of context, maybe his best drive as a coach. For trying to stay in a game, though- laughable.

Last edited:

Yeah, a great example is the Chris Ball job offer in 2012. You claim you know and you don't. You are dead wrong. NOt a question you are wrong, 100% you are wrong. And if need be contact Scott Hood and have him contact me. I can let him know exactly how I know and I trust he would be able to confirm my info and he would not divulge how I would know. So yes from a guy who can always admit that he is "wrong" I can see how you can lecture people about being a fool and keep quiet.

Yeah, a great example is the Chris Ball job offer in 2012. /QUOTE]
Chris Ball was never offered a job on Mike Leach's staff. I know you and Chris Ball like to pretend that is true, but it isn't true.[

Chris Ball was never offered a job on Mike Leach's staff. I know you and Chris Ball like to pretend that is true, but it isn't true.[
I think the best way to handle this is to bring the new editor into this and have him ask awkward, divisive questions that don't really prove anything because we're getting intentionally slanted testimonials.

I think the best way to handle this is to bring the new editor into this and have him ask awkward, divisive questions that don't really prove anything because we're getting intentionally slanted testimonials.

It's clear by the way CougEd constantly props up Ball and Wulff that he knows them personally somehow . That's why he's so defensive of them in spite of the overwhelming facts that illustrate how they did a terrible job.

I already once debunked his false claims showing Moos made a statement when Leach was hired that he wasn't going to retain his staff, and that Ball secured the job at Arizona State two weeks after the hiring.

Here's a link. To ball being hired. It's December 16th
Leach was hired December 1st.

There was never a plan to keep Ball.

And for the record here's Balls passing defensive stats at ASU

2012 - Rank #3

2013 - Rank #72

2014 - Rank #106

Last edited:
Well..the thing is, I'm not so often wrong. Just because someone on a msg board who has never played football but can compile stats and pie charts does not make it so.

And since you're so fond of popular sayings, I'm sure you've heard about the herd mentality and the saying "masses are asses".
Yeah! You have ZERO f'ing idea. One of the two of us is an athlete, and it is not you. One of the two of us has had multiple relatives that have played in the NFL and it is not you. One of the two of us has had multiple relatives that were first round draft picks, and it is not you. One of us has relatives that are Division one football coaches, and it is not you.

You are the guy that the only sh!t he knows is when a dog left it on his grass.

Yeah, a great example is the Chris Ball job offer in 2012. You claim you know and you don't. You are dead wrong. NOt a question you are wrong, 100% you are wrong. And if need be contact Scott Hood and have him contact me. I can let him know exactly how I know and I trust he would be able to confirm my info and he would not divulge how I would know. So yes from a guy who can always admit that he is "wrong" I can see how you can lecture people about being a fool and keep quiet.
What are you babbling about? I have not brought up Ball in a while and when I did, it wasn't about Leach hiring or not hiring him. So, not sure why you are telling me that I am dead wrong about a subject that I am not discussing.

You and your brother sure are strange one's.

It's clear by the way CougEd constantly props up Ball and Wulff that he knows them personally somehow . That's why he's so defensive of them in spite of the overwhelming facts that illustrate how they did a terrible job.

I already once debunked his false claims showing Moos made a statement when Leach was hired that he wasn't going to retain his staff, and that Ball secured the job at Arizona State two weeks after the hiring.

Here's a link. To ball being hired. It's December 16th
Leach was hired December 1st.

There was never a plan to keep Ball.

And for the record here's Balls passing defensive stats at ASU

2012 - Rank #3

2013 - Rank #72

2014 - Rank #106
I didn't realize that. I know Coach Todd Graham has taken on an expanded role regarding the the defensive backs. Now I know why.

Unless it's about the flu affecting decision making, or Wulff's recruiting.

Don't tell Ed but this website now supports private messaging.

Yeah! You have ZERO f'ing idea. One of the two of us is an athlete, and it is not you. One of the two of us has had multiple relatives that have played in the NFL and it is not you. One of the two of us has had multiple relatives that were first round draft picks, and it is not you. One of us has relatives that are Division one football coaches, and it is not you.

You are the guy that the only sh!t he knows is when a dog left it on his grass.
Riiiiight. And we're not talking about relatives.

If you wanna go that route I played with the 2nd pick in the 96 NFL draft...and I put him on his ass in practice...Not my relatives.

Perhaps it is better to leave the monitor out of this one.he probably does not want to touch this one with a ten foot pole.

If you wanna go that route I played with the 2nd pick in the 96 NFL draft...and I put him on his ass in practice...Not my relatives.
Yes waterboy, I am sure you did. Did he slip on ice you dropped?

Was he in middle school and you were like a volunteer assistant?

More of an expert than one who's never played but puts together graphs and pie charts.

No, it was during tackling drills. Something you wouldn't know about.

I played football you dumbass. I played Quarterback and Corner as well as right half back.
We ran a pro style offense with some formations out of the wing T on occasion (I have no idea if anyone remembers that).

Our offense had some elements of the option, but also some single back pro style west coast elements for passing.

On defense I played corner where my responsibility was the flats unless the safety would check me out of it to have the back 3rd which typically was against trips on my side.

You have this perception that is only YOUR perception and then talk about things as if nobody else has played the game. I played. I also went to college and take pride in my ability to use my brain.

I played football you dumbass. I played Quarterback and Corner as well as right half back.
We ran a pro style offense with some formations out of the wing T on occasion (I have no idea if anyone remembers that).

Our offense had some elements of the option, but also some single back pro style west coast elements for passing.

On defense I played corner where my responsibility was the flats unless the safety would check me out of it to have the back 3rd which typically was against trips on my side.

You have this perception that is only YOUR perception and then talk about things as if nobody else has played the game. I played. I also went to college and take pride in my ability to use my brain.
OK..so lemme get this straight. You played qb(I did as well in Jr high before moving back to Indiana for high school).. And I have no reason to doubt you...but you played qb and you honestly think Jeff Tuel didn't get out of bounds because of the flu?

OK..so lemme get this straight. You played qb(I did as well in Jr high before moving back to Indiana for high school).. And I have no reason to doubt you...but you played qb and you honestly think Jeff Tuel didn't get out of bounds because of the flu?

I think Jeff Tuel didn't get out of bounds because he's a player that wants to make something happen. Instead of going out of bounds he wants that extra yard. Plenty of players out there that are like that. They try to get that out of your head as a QB unless it's like a 4th down or something but for the most part sliding and going out of bounds is what you are taught to do.

I think Jeff Tuel shouldn't have been in the game because he was sick. The flu makes you slower, you are fighting dehydration really badly, and also the extra heat of physical activity (especially with a helmet on) can't be good for you. I'm not a doctor, but that doesn't sound smart at all.

So look at this situation. QB doesn't go out of bounds..goes into game after being really sick.
Where was the coach in that situation? Yes Halliday likes to be a "warrior" and all that too, but still it is the coaches responsibility to rein people back in. Every gamer of a kid always wants to play, but it's the coaches job to teach them how to play smart, and play them when it's smart.

Wulff didn't do that.

Reactions: wulffui
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT