ADVERTISEMENT

Leach is #1!!!

You like to call is consistency crusaders for calling out those who are inconsistent in their bitching and flip flop like Vlade Divac.

Is being inconsistent a virtue in your world or something?

I only ask because you call us that almost as much as YakiStalker weaves Ed's name into his posts

What you and your brother struggle to realize is that you're both wildly inconsistent.

And Leach did get the program to a bowl game for the first time in a decade. The consistency crusaders gloss over that as well, or attempt to credit Wulff's magic eye for talent for the success.

No, the bowl game was just part of another losing season, and that's why it's like 2009.

Good grief...the person who brought up discipline was you. Not me. I am simply pointing out the bs in your argument by pointing out that all coaches make these decisions. All coaches keep players around. Wulff certainly had his DUI cases that they still remained on the team and missed no time.

This almost comical. You know when I bring up Sale and the others, when people dump on a guy who has already been fired. I have started one wulff thread since he has been fired. I don't care that he is gone. I would have cared more if WSU hired an assistant from Utah or CSU, then I probably would have been vocal. The negative leach outliers come because people like you bring up crap like lack of discipline. I simply point to one case that points to what some would point to as the lack of discipline. You and I wouldn't never have gone down this road if you didn't bring up reed Lesuma, lack of discipline and all the other BS.

I didn't bring up Barrington, you did. And for every Barrington it is pretty fair to assume there is a Dotson. And Dotson got homesick and quit. The school was on the hook for his scholie, unless you are trying to tell me Leach and staff ran the kid before his redshirt year was up. Maybe they felt they were so flush with olineman that they could lose him and three others and be totally fine with it.

I'm bestowing a new title upon you- Ed may now be known as the Great Non-Starter and Keeper of the Laws of Historical Fact and Probability.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Well, that is certainly an entertaining way to look at it. First, Chima is picking up the ball going the opposite direction. Yes, the lineman is porbably at the six engaged with a Coug. Since he is the center is is about six yards more to the center, giving him a longer distance to run. Second, Chima picks up the ball and is going the opposite way the lineman is pointed, that lineman now has to open up and start chasing him from behind which is exactly what he did.
Why didn't Chima give up a TD on every play. If he was soooo sloooow he should have given up 300 TD's in 2007.

Yet, here you are, for 10 pages, doing just that.

How he disciplines players. His 2012 record compared to 2011. His transition compared to Wulff/Doba's. His QB recruiting. His WR development. His NFL draft picks. How many players he "ran off".

Leach has been disappointing in 3 years at WSU. Wulff was a failure of historic proportion.

But tell me about the consistency??!??!???!!

No, the bowl game was just part of another losing season, and that's why it's like 2009.
You are such a hater. Wulff had four conference victories, which is one more than Doba had in 2007 and equal to what Leach had in 2013.

How would you expect the center to be engaged when they didn't have any DT's on the team?
Well...as smart as you are you probably know that the center probably engaged with the MLB cause the Cougs played a 4-3

Says the guy who has posted 400 times in the last few days, but I'm sure Seven-11 doesn't miss you too much after you quit your day job.
Says the guy who has about 7,000 more posts than me.

BTW, you are living up to your name YakiStalker since you know I quit my day job back in 2009

Again I don't get the confusion.

My fault, forgot Dotson was an early enrollee, and it happened before he coached a game. So, your example is a guy who left school never seeing a snap, and hasn't been on the team since 2013, and you're suggesting that because you don't know what discipline he got, that he wasn't disciplined. If only he'd written ESPN a letter...

Four months in, you've got the team letting an early enrollee freshman drink 3 or 4, then hop in the car. Hell of a new culture Wulff had left in place, I wish there'd been continuity in the Marquess Wilson asskissing.

My fault, forgot Dotson was an early enrollee, and it happened before he coached a game. So, your example is a guy who left school never seeing a snap, and hasn't been on the team since 2013, and you're suggesting that because you don't know what discipline he got, that he wasn't disciplined. If only he'd written ESPN a letter...

Four months in, you've got the team letting an early enrollee freshman drink 3 or 4, then hop in the car. Hell of a new culture Wulff had left in place, I wish there'd been continuity in the Marquess Wilson asskissing.
And that is different than Barrignton and Atofau? They were booted upon finding out they were growing? Yet you bring that up as a lack of discipline.

I hear you Wulffui...you use the two recruits from Seattle as poster child of the lack of discipline, yet had they ever been arrested before? How would any coach know they were growing?

And yes, there are plenty of examples when a kid is driving drunk he is suspended from practice and or games.

Why didn't Chima give up a TD on every play. If he was soooo sloooow he should have given up 300 TD's in 2007.[/QUOTE

Help over the top, no need to throw. Same reason Damante Horton didn't give up a TD on every play. Chima didn't have corner speed. When you are run down by a lineman it tells you that you are miscast as a CB

Or, he had a taped up sprained ankle. Or, he had the flu. I could think of a half dozen other things that could answer this. Vince Mayle ran the slowest 40 yard dash at the combine for receivers. Just changing his stance slightly for an injury made him the slowest.

I watched Chima as a freshman and while he was not a speed demon, he was not too slow to play CB. Wulff his hired, a new S & C is hired and fattens up the players, along with terrible coaching from everyone involved and we all saw what happened.

Stephen Falken: The whole point was to find a way to practice nuclear war discuss pointless, stupid, historic Cougar minutiae without destroying ourselves. To get the computers childish, have-to-have-the-last-word babies to learn from mistakes we couldn't afford to make. Except, I never could get Joshua all those "baffoons" to learn the most important lesson.

David Lightman: What's that?

Stephen Falken: Futility. That there's a time when you should just give up.

How about a nice game of chess?

And that is different than Barrignton and Atofau? They were booted upon finding out they were growing? Yet you bring that up as a lack of discipline.

I hear you Wulffui...you use the two recruits from Seattle as poster child of the lack of discipline, yet had they ever been arrested before? How would any coach know they were growing?

And yes, there are plenty of examples when a kid is driving drunk he is suspended from practice and or games.

Wulff compromised on grades, talent and character. Barrington was a grade risk. Atofau was a character risk.

Or, he had a taped up sprained ankle. Or, he had the flu. I could think of a half dozen other things that could answer this. Vince Mayle ran the slowest 40 yard dash at the combine for receivers. Just changing his stance slightly for an injury made him the slowest.

I watched Chima as a freshman and while he was not a speed demon, he was not too slow to play CB. Wulff his hired, a new S & C is hired and fattens up the players, along with terrible coaching from everyone involved and we all saw what happened.
This post has more Spin than a top.

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

A cb should never get caught from behind by a olineman unless he has a broken leg. At which case he shouldn't be in the game.

Wulff was a bad coach..but the lengths you guys go to slam him and blame nonsense on him is ridiculous.

"He ruined Gibson, he made Chima slow, he made Tuel stay in bounds." For F sakes

This post has more Spin than a top.

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

A cb should never get caught from behind by a olineman unless he has a broken leg. At which case he shouldn't be in the game.

Wulff was a bad coach..but the lengths you guys go to slam him and blame nonsense on him is ridiculous.

"He ruined Gibson, he made Chima slow, he made Tuel stay in bounds." For F sakes

You weren't an athlete, were you? I know first hand that things happen. Again, you and your brother are always saying context matters. Yet, it is only a one way street with you two.

If it was the Hawaii game at (the former) Quest Field, I was there. But, I do not remember the play. So, I cannot comment on it and I sure as hell do not trust you two.

This place was so nice when you both took a hiatus. No arguments. Friendly banter.

It would be
You weren't an athlete, were you? I know first hand that things happen. Again, you and your brother are always saying context matters. Yet, it is only a one way street with you two.

If it was the Hawaii game at (the former) Quest Field, I was there. But, I do not remember the play. So, I cannot comment on it and I sure as hell do not trust you two.

This place was so nice when you both took a hiatus. No arguments. Friendly banter.
He was definitely going for the TD. Just stopped him a mere 68 yards short.

If Chima is as slow as everyone says, wouldn't a wideout have just caught him five yards further downfield?

Says the guy who has about 7,000 more posts than me.

BTW, you are living up to your name YakiStalker since you know I quit my day job back in 2009

Actually, I did not know this, but you wouldn't be paranoid if everyone wasn't out to get you, right? And I haven't had 7,000 more posts than you've had in the past few days, but by week's end, it's clear you will have surpassed my count that goes back a dozen years. But that's OK. The inmates have the keys to the asylum for the moment (Britton's absence) and are bouncing off the message-board walls in their psychotic glory. This is too damn funny to watch.

It would be

If Chima is as slow as everyone says, wouldn't a wideout have just caught him five yards further downfield?
Good point. Hawaii ran the Run & Shoot with four receivers at all times. The center must have been faster than all of them too to make the tackle before they did.

Actually, I did not know this, but you wouldn't be paranoid if everyone wasn't out to get you, right? And I haven't had 7,000 more posts than you've had in the past few days, but by week's end, it's clear you will have surpassed my count that goes back a dozen years. But that's OK. The inmates have the keys to the asylum for the moment (Britton's absence) and are bouncing off the message-board walls in their psychotic glory. This is too damn funny to watch.
I'm glad that I was the first thing you thought of at 6:35 in the morning YakiStalker

Its very clear that you and dgibbons àmong a few others have never played a down of football.

Next thing I'll hear is that Chima must have slipped on a banana peel...that Wulff accidently threw on the field.

Its funny that you mention the non arguments and the friendly banter because it was you who called Ed a liar when he posted that Chima was run down by a lineman. And that's not the only time you accused him of lying...on a freaking msg board! Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

Neither one of us tend to follow the herd mentality so prevalent around here...so I'm sorry if you find us not conforming to the mentality here

Neither one of us tend to follow the herd mentality so prevalent around here...so I'm sorry if you find us not conforming to the mentality here

Is that where "Wulff's draft record of players he coached (a late #1 in Bucannon, late #2 with Roos, assorted unimpactful late round picks) is pretty much the same as Price"- you know, the guy with two QB's drafted in the top two- came from? Breaking from the herd mentality that said Price was better than Wulff?

Much like criticizing Leach, (OK, it's harder, because 9-40...) there are defenses of Wulff that aren't just massive leaps of imagination. Comparing his draft record to Mike Price, though... man.

Edit- so you're clear, I'm referring to this gem.

I don't think developing 1 NFL Pro Bowler, a 6th round draft pick who did nothing, a practice squad player and a guy who "might" be drafted, all in, what, 20 years of coaching, says as much as you think it does.
It rivals exactly what Price was able to do.

Is that where "Wulff's draft record of players he coached (a late #1 in Bucannon, late #2 with Roos, assorted unimpactful late round picks) is pretty much the same as Price"- you know, the guy with two QB's drafted in the top two- came from? Breaking from the herd mentality that said Price was better than Wulff?

Much like criticizing Leach, (OK, it's harder, because 9-40...) there are defenses of Wulff that aren't just massive leaps of imagination. Comparing his draft record to Mike Price, though... man.

I don't think developing 1 NFL Pro Bowler, a 6th round draft pick who did nothing, a practice squad player and a guy who "might" be drafted, all in, what, 20 years of coaching, says as much as you think it does.

In Ed's defense, I believe that post was specifically about OL drafted.

Kind of one in a long line of imaginary feathers to put in Wulff's cap, but not an inaccurate comment otherwise.

You are so full of it. You already commented on it. You said it didn't happen. You said no way it happened and I changed my story. There is no context. Chima picked up a fumble at the one. The lineman caught up with him at the 31. It was in the south west portion of the stadium, Chima was running along the sideline from southwest to NWest. There was no one in front of him. The only player in pursuit was the olineman. No ultra fast TE.

It happened. So Chima was slow. Horton was slow too. Big deal. It just makes a difference when Hicks runs a 4.85 40 and he is your free safety. Chima probably should have been playing the position that Grinch is play Lemora a lot in spring practice, closer to the box.

And Buchanon and a sinus infection when Locker out ran him in the Apple Cup in 2010 when that TD was called back. Sheesh. How about this-at that time locker was faster than Buchanon.

And in terms of "board pollution"...I know what you mean.

Good point. Hawaii ran the Run & Shoot with four receivers at all times. The center must have been faster than all of them too to make the tackle before they did.
How about the DB's weren't in the chase. Only the lineman. Two if not three were all the way on the other side of the field. There was not one DB in pursuit of Chima. If Chima outruns the center, he scores.

Nope...I am not sure that is what I said. But in Price's first four recruiting classes how many Olineman were drafted? How many players did he have drafted?

It would be

Actually, there wasn't a wideout within 20 yards, so if you think that player should have caught him then there is a story to tell.

Nope...I am not sure that is what I said. But in Price's first four recruiting classes how many Olineman were drafted? How many players did he have drafted?
Actually, Ed... It's NFL Draft day so, Yeah... I would like to visit that specific topic (maybe in a new thread???) Who got drafted from Price's first four classes?

Actually, there wasn't a wideout within 20 yards, so if you think that player should have caught him then there is a story to tell.
That wideouts are supposed to be fast, (especially compared to our secondary, considering how Hawaii shredded them) and he still had 68 yards to cover?

It's not a long story, mind you, but an accurate summary nonetheless.

That wideouts are supposed to be fast, (especially compared to our secondary, considering how Hawaii shredded them) and he still had 68 yards to cover?

It's not a long story, mind you, but an accurate summary nonetheless.
Yep...and if he has a 20 yard head start on the WR cause they weren't in pursuit, then he would have been epically slow, which he wasn't. Sorry Wulffui, only one player was in pursuit and it was a lineman. Yep...Must have been the angle from the seven yard line.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT