ADVERTISEMENT

Luton is balls

Their offense is still bad. The defense looks pretty solid. OSU is coaching like they have zero wins. Taking stupid chances all over the place.

Their offense is still bad. The defense looks pretty solid. OSU is coaching like they have zero wins. Taking stupid chances all over the place.
That surprises me. Up to the UW game, OSU's offense has been pretty good (56 points vs. Arizona last week, 48 vs. UCLA) and their defense a little shaky. We'll see how they do next week vs. ASU. I'm hoping they lose a little bit of the confidence they've gained this season by the time they play the Cougs.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: earldacoug
That surprises me. Up to the UW game, OSU's offense has been pretty good (56 points vs. Arizona last week, 48 vs. UCLA) and their defense a little shaky. We'll see how they do next week vs. ASU. I'm hoping they lose a little bit of the confidence they've gained this season by the time they play the Cougs.

Glad Cougar
Their OLine was pathetic. Doesn’t matter if you have good skill players if you’re getting run through like that.

While we try to find our own way into bowl season, one thing that must really grind on UW is the fact that, if ever there were a year for their schedule to set them up to make a run, this was it:
  1. EWU: home game against a sub-.500 Big Sky team
  2. Cal: home game against a .500 team which, even with its starting QB, would put up barely 100 yards
  3. Hawaii: host a MWC team
  4. @BYU: first road game of the year not until W4... and they get a .500 non-P5
  5. USC: 4 of 5 first games are at home and USC is down once again this year
  6. @Furd: road game but Furd is terrible
  7. @Zona: road game and Zona is terrible
  8. Oregon: host what would be the conference's biggest threat - and still lose
  9. Utah: host the conference's other big threat - and lose
  10. @OSU: OSU is OSU so road/home scarcely matters
  11. @CU: same as above
  12. WSU: host the conference's other periodically dangerous team
If you're a UW fan, would you trade ANY of those games for any other, or swap road/home, if you know how good or bad each of those teams were but didn't know how you would fare against them? It is literally the perfect schedule: 4 of the first 5 weeks are at home giving you a chance to get tuned up, every single .500 or above team you host in Montlake, 8 out of 12 teams on your schedule are .500 or below and 2 of those that aren't likely will end the season that way... this is what a perfect schedule looks like.

I make fun of them for this but I can't say I'd be thrilled if they were able to make hay while that kind of sun shines.

Last edited:
Great post with good observations, Chip.

Gotta be a lot of people having to be talked off the ledge near montlake....

Reactions: Cougzz
While we try to find our own way into bowl season, one thing that must really grind on UW is the fact that, if ever there were a year for their schedule to set them up to make a run, this was it:
  2. Cal: home game against a .500 team which, even with its starting QB, would put up barely 100 yards
If you're a UW fan, would you trade ANY of those games for any other, or swap road/home, if you know how good or bad each of those teams were but didn't know how you would fare against them? It is literally the perfect schedule: 4 of the first 5 weeks are at home giving you a chance to get tuned up, every single .500 or above team you host in Montlake, 8 out of 12 teams on your schedule are .500 or below and 2 of those that aren't likely will end the season that way... this is what a perfect schedule looks like.

I make fun of them for this but I can't say I'd be thrilled if they were able to make hay while that kind of sun shines.
Yup and Jesus, Mary, and Joseph wrapped up into one playing QB for them this year (don’t know how they snuck that one by Petey since he doesn’t agree with transfers).

most satisfying UW season for me since 0-12.

What is funny is that is the same thought process that KJR radio talking head Dick Fain said before the season started and early in the season to say that the uw is going to win the conference and possibly go undefeated. He would repeat himself by saying who is going to beat them? Turns out, many teams.

Last edited:
Mutts are a dumpster fire, im surprised CP is doing this bad of a job

It wouldn't surprise me if our offense hung a bunch on them

Mutts are a dumpster fire, im surprised CP is doing this bad of a job

It wouldn't surprise me if our offense hung a bunch on them
They aren’t in the top 30 in total D. Utah and Oregon are both in the top 10.

it shouldn’t surprise you in the least. We absolutely should hang a bunch on them. My fear is that our defense may help Eason look like a Heisman candidate. 3 more games to get better until then...

Reactions: Cougzz
They aren’t in the top 30 in total D. Utah and Oregon are both in the top 10.

it shouldn’t surprise you in the least. We absolutely should hang a bunch on them. My fear is that our defense may help Eason look like a Heisman candidate. 3 more games to get better until then...
Eason is the best thing to happen to the Cougs since Ronnie Fouch

Agreed on the schedule, Chip -- that's why I thought we were looking at another 9- or 10-win UW team this year even though it wasn't going to be as good as past years. Couldn't design it any better. Different story next year for them next year with Michigan at home to start things off and road games at Cal, Oregon, USC, Utah, and WSU. Not unthinkable for them to lose all five conference road games.

Reactions: chipdouglas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT