ADVERTISEMENT

McGuire...

Tron, if I understand your long S corp example, you are having the S corp keep some retained earnings, which you are using to buy the CD's. In that case, the retained earnings are taxed and therefore you won't be buying as many CD's. S Corps pass everything through or it gets taxed as retained earnings. If I understood your example, it would not be my preferred choice.

I was going to point out that giant flaw in his logic (among others) but didn't have the energy. And the whole scenario was outlandish anyway.

Tron, if I understand your long S corp example, you are having the S corp keep some retained earnings, which you are using to buy the CD's. In that case, the retained earnings are taxed and therefore you won't be buying as many CD's. S Corps pass everything through or it gets taxed as retained earnings. If I understood your example, it would not be my preferred choice.

They are not taxed. The only thing that is taxed is what is distributed which would be your salary of the exactly to undercut the tax bracket minimum.

See you as an individual will be taxed on what directly benefits you (which would be the salary paid by the S-Corp), but the other cash it holds would not be taxed... UNTIL you do something with it that is directly attributed to you personally.

The S-Corp is buying CDs, not you.

Only until the S-Corp directly distributes to YOU do you get taxed. So that's why you pay yourself the minimum and then let the s-corp handle investments.

They are not taxed. The only thing that is taxed is what is distributed which would be your salary of the exactly to undercut the tax bracket minimum.

See you as an individual will be taxed on what directly benefits you (which would be the salary paid by the S-Corp), but the other cash it holds would not be taxed... UNTIL you do something with it that is directly attributed to you personally.

The S-Corp is buying CDs, not you.

Only until the S-Corp directly distributes to YOU do you get taxed. So that's why you pay yourself the minimum and then let the s-corp handle investments.

My friend you are so wrong on this. S-corps are like partnerships. The income flows through to the stockholder. The only thing you save is the SS tax on S-Corp net income vs the salary you draw. But even that can be challenged by the IRS if you don't take enough salary. There is more than accountant on this board. Don't make us all correct your suppositions.

Reactions: Observer11
I suppose....maybe he would stay on. maybe if he has a successful year as the third OC sharing the job with two other people and we know Kliff calls the plays he will land at Oklahoma.

Lets look at the odds. What are the chances he gets a better gig than WSU or Tech if he has one season as RB coach at Tech and the staff gets blown out. The likelihood is that there is a 70% chance he gets a gig that wouldn't be considered a step up. Every move Erickson made before leaving Miami was a step up. Never lateral, never having to take a step backwards.

What is the likelihood Kliff gets blown out next year? My guess is 70%. Their starting QB isn't exactly Luke Falk.

And Leach mentioned the vast uncertainty Clay is taking by taking that gig. That is coming from someone who is experienced at Tech.

You are an alum at WSU. Would you take a job if you had a really stable job to join Doba in 2007, or Wulff in 2010 if you had a job with a top 20 coach? He is walking into Bill Doba type of uncertainty with respect to job he is walking into.

Chris Tormey would.

That worked out well. My guess he left Hawaii know the grim reaper was coming and was trying to stay one step ahead of the chopping block.

So he went to WSU and got canned and somehow that is why his nephew went to Boise State, right?

A doctor. In order to get medical costs under control, I think we need to have tort reform. That should help get malpractice insurance under control.

We have seen “tort reform” enacted in many states. It doesn’t reduce malpractice insurance rates.

We have seen “tort reform” enacted in many states. It doesn’t reduce malpractice insurance rates.

I do not doubt you, but why would it not lower the rates. There should be less risk on the part of the insurance companies.

I do not doubt you, but why would it not lower the rates. There should be less risk on the part of the insurance companies.
Malpractice rates have many, many times more to do with what insurance companies can get by way of an investment return than they do with tort claims experience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT