ADVERTISEMENT

Most Cougs actually like Gonzaga?

Don't hold your breath on gu ever playing WSU again, even if WSU becomes a consistent top of the Pac12 team. Few hates gu and since they can sell out every game I don't think they have much to gain by playing WSU. If uw gets their bball program back on track I hope they dump the zags.

First thing Pat Chung should do is end all athletic series with Gonzaga until the basketball team agrees to resume the home and home series. They need us far more than we need them.

You may not like Gonzaga but you have to respect what they've done. They saw an opportunity to 'build a brand' and seized it by recruiting Northwest kids that WSU turned their nose up at.

The WSU powers that be decided to look westward instead and fumbled around with crap like the Seattle game and such. Hell, I'm not sure V. Lane even knew how to turn right off of 195. Father Spitzer ate WSU's lunch and formed really strong bonds with the community leaders in Spokane and made seeing and being seen at GU games a cool thing.

And aside from the Bennett years and Year 1 of Bone, WSU basketball has been stinky as moldy Cougar Gold. You can remember when it was good but not gonna take a bite from the hairy, nasty mess left in the can.

Not surprised at all there are Coug/Zag fans out there.

Perfect example as to why anyone who claims WSU and GU don't compete for the same recruit or attention space is a moron. All the local INW guys they have had over the past 20 years should have been Cougs, sans maybe the Stockton kid.

First thing Pat Chung should do is end all athletic series with Gonzaga until the basketball team agrees to resume the home and home series. They need us far more than we need them.

I share the sentiment. I think it is just Baseball anyway, and I guess Wonen's BB. Unfortunately Gonzaga has a habit of beating us in Baseball, but also those midweek games are a handy fit into the schedule when we get to league.

I share the sentiment. I think it is just Baseball anyway, and I guess Wonen's BB. Unfortunately Gonzaga has a habit of beating us in Baseball, but also those midweek games are a handy fit into the schedule when we get to league.

We have also played them in soccer quite a bit. We have a pretty darn good record against them in those games. I believe we lost to them 1-0 in 2016, but that was our first loss to them in something like 25 previous matches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT