ADVERTISEMENT

Number of Recruits in Pullman

Sep 21, 2019
It appears the new coaching staff has been hustling. Over the past two weeks, I have been impressed with the number of recruits, on very short notice, that have made, and are making, official visits. I am hoping this will be the expectation for the future. Now, let's see how many deals they can close.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
The mad scramble at the end of the cycle seems like it's even madder now with the early signing period taking guys off the board. That Rakestraw guy was a middle of the road recruit, then bam. Bama, Georgia, Texas, are interested.

How's the weather in Sayulita?

It appears the new coaching staff has been hustling. Over the past two weeks, I have been impressed with the number of recruits, on very short notice, that have made, and are making, official visits. I am hoping this will be the expectation for the future. Now, let's see how many deals they can close.

They need some dudes. It is an interesting time in recruiting. Tons of kids have already signed and there just arent as many options around. It’ll be interesting to see who they land on the 2nd signing day.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
The mad scramble at the end of the cycle seems like it's even madder now with the early signing period taking guys off the board. That Rakestraw guy was a middle of the road recruit, then bam. Bama, Georgia, Texas, are interested.

Rakestraw locked down everyone in the state tournament and raised his profile considerably. He played like an elite prospect. Bummer as I hoped to sneak him into our list of signees on the ESP.

Here is my scientific wild ass guess on who faxes to the 509 next week.

CB Alphonse Oywak
CB Chau Smith
DL Nusi Malani
DL Waisale Muavesi
DL Clinton Anokwuru
WR Jay Wilkerson
Nice list. The 240 lb. LB transfer and one of the 6-8 olineman would be nice as well. The look of 2 very large dlinemen and the 235lb rush end....nice.

I was just thinking that Coach Logo is the perfect mentor for James. Logo was a 5-11 280 3rd team all-american at North Carolina State. He benched 500 in his playing days. He's going to like James' leadership in the weight room.

Reactions: TrumpCoug
Rakestraw locked down everyone in the state tournament and raised his profile considerably. He played like an elite prospect. Bummer as I hoped to sneak him into our list of signees on the ESP.

He definitely blew up didn't he. I am with you...I thought he might be a good get until Bama offered.

Sold our house there, but at this time of the year it is more than likely perfect.

Reactions: dgibbons and 79COUG
I was a big Leach fan, but the social media ban was absolutely homicidal for recruiting. I understand the premise, but not gonna go over well for hs kids.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
It was just for the players.
I know that. But you know that hs recruits are thinking...."if I go play at Wazzu under Leach he might take away my IG and twitter...thats not cool...Im gonna play somewhere else." You know the topic came up on recruiting visits. I wouldn't care, but hs and college kids love their likes on social media these days.

I know that. But you know that hs recruits are thinking...."if I go play at Wazzu under Leach he might take away my IG and twitter...thats not cool...Im gonna play somewhere else." You know the topic came up on recruiting visits. I wouldn't care, but hs and college kids love their likes on social media these days.

Social media bans are pretty common. Clemson's players instituted one I think. If anyone doesn't want to come to Pullman because of an in-season social media ban, they probably aren't players who will like the fact that WSU doesn't have the largest fan base and we'll never be hyped the way larger market teams are.

Social media bans are pretty common. Clemson's players instituted one I think. If anyone doesn't want to come to Pullman because of an in-season social media ban, they probably aren't players who will like the fact that WSU doesn't have the largest fan base and we'll never be hyped the way larger market teams are.

Well, that probably is about 95% of recruits (if having a choice), if we're being honest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT