ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread. Cats vs. Dogs

He put a target on himself and they head hunted
What's interesting - we get injured in this game every year. When you think back on their coaches imploring them to be physical and crush us and take liberties in that way, and our receivers are hearing footsteps and diving instead of turning upfield, it's maybe not so much of a surprise.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
They didn't run all over us, Gordon had all day other than a few breakdowns, Cougs ran it when they tried. Even got some pressure on Eason

I know I shouldn’t feel this way. But I’d be okay if we missed a bowl game so long as we beat the leg humpers at this point.

Well the game ended up like many feared it would.
Cougs did have success running the ball in the 2nd half for a while but on 2nd and 2 inside the Dawgs 10 yard line we have to throw it twice and put a guy in a tough situation and resulted in a fumble.
Next possession AG got intercepted and this was again in Dawg side of the field.
Two 4th qtr turnovers killed any chance of a comeback but you wonder if the Cougs ran the ball more would they have averted those two turnovers.

Defense : Well they are not got this year but they kept the team in the game into the 4th quarter.
It was up to the offense to outscore the UW and they didn't come close in the end.

6-6
Minor bowl game.
Need to win it to end up 7-6 and a winning record.

They didn't run all over us, Gordon had all day other than a few breakdowns, Cougs ran it when they tried. Even got some pressure on Eason

On the first possession they got some pressure. But that was about it.

I know I shouldn’t feel this way. But I’d be okay if we missed a bowl game so long as we beat the leg humpers at this point.

We need the extra practices. That’s where the young guys on D will improve.

If you're a DC playing the Cougs, you're a fool if you do anything other than mirror every AC defensive strategy cold. It's not like every UW defense we've faced have been 1st rounders, as we saw today. Not even about talent.

If you're a DC playing the Cougs, you're a fool if you do anything other than mirror every AC defensive strategy cold. It's not like every UW defense we've faced have been 1st rounders, as we saw today. Not even about talent.

Few other teams have the talent.

Few other teams have the talent.
In a typical year, Stanford, UW, Oregon, Utah, Cal, ASU, USC and whomever we bowl against all have the horses. The point is, UW this year is more representative of a "Cal or below" kind of team - which suggests to me that virtually anyone can run it. Not a talent thing.

In a typical year, Stanford, UW, Oregon, Utah, Cal, ASU, USC and whomever we bowl against all have the horses. The point is, UW this year is more representative of a "Cal or below" kind of team - which suggests to me that virtually anyone can run it. Not a talent thing.

And yet we have/had lengthy win streaks against most of the teams on your list.

Somebody should send Leach a book about Judo or Jiu-jitsu--maybe reading about using your opponent's momentum against them and attacking their weaknesses might inspire some creativity in him to do the same on the football field. What good is having a plethora of pirate history or Geronimo doing us right now?
Leach would rather slam his head into the same wall over and over. He will never beat UW.

Cal does. Utah and ASU are close to having it figured out.

Leach hasnt grown his scheme. Im afraid this is the beginning of the end of his vanilla air raid. Either adapt and adjust or 6-6 is what its gonna be.

And yet we have/had lengthy win streaks against most of the teams on your list.
That is literally false.
Our last outcome vs each of the teams I cited:
  • USC: LOSS.
  • UW: LOSS.
  • CAL: LOSS
  • ASU: LOSS.
  • Utah: LOSS.
  • Oregon: LOSS.
  • Stanford: Win. Preceding the current 4-game streak, it was a 4-game skid.
You are wrong in almost every single case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT