ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread. Cats vs. Dogs

I asked some long time texas tech fans who know leach/air raid better than I do, they said the check downs to run are always the qbs call. It still falls on leach for not yelling at the qb to call the run ultimately imo.

Leach deserves all the criticism he gets during days like today. He may be unique in getting this team to 5 straight bowls but he has repeatedly shat the bed in this game. Several people called this and it’s been jimmy lakes wet dream. Give the F’in ball to Borghi we’d have won this game going away.
I agree.

The idea that AC feedback is OFF LIMITS because he has improved the team in other games is absurd. All or nothing thinking.

If I hire someone and they are a big improvement over the last guy, but they are consistently and catastrophically blowing tasks the last guy could accomplish at least occasionally, it is completely valid for me to ask him to adapt.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
I slept through the first half of this game because I thought it was on tomorrow. Maybe I should've kept sleeping

It is completely fair to say AG's ego is costing us. Every dropback is:
  • Look for deep throw (not there)
  • Look for other deep throw (not there)
  • Look for other other deep throw (not there)
  • Dump it near the LOS and get a receiver instantly crushed, OR
  • Force a throw and get picked, or take a sack
That seems to be our entire offense right now.

I think the guy has such a supersized attitude, he gets down by points and he wants to put the team on his back. He gets impatient and wants to win the game on every play. No I in TEAM.

the ball sails on him because of poor delivery/poor mechanics...like throwing sidearm on the run

Halladay was the worst on the field off the field, punchable face

I think the guy has such a supersized attitude, he gets down by points and he wants to put the team on his back. He gets impatient and wants to win the game on every play. No I in TEAM.

We need(ed) some big plays.

This is the trashiest UW in years and we crap ourselves. It is what it is. Leach is who he is. It’s annoying

remind you of anyone?

Because, you know, you can score 14pts on one play.

We need(ed) some big plays.
But Gordon isn't going to make them happen. He won't stretch the field.

He hasn't all year except against the 3 horrible non-cons.

For whatever reason he'd rather throw a pick 10 yards over the middle than a 50/50 ball 30 yards down the field.

Can't wait for the "defense sucks" brigade to defend this sh!tshow.

The D is right where they've been all season - 30 pts.

Where the fck is the O? Again? Oh yeah, giving the other team the ball on our half of the field.

I honestly don't know what to make of it. If there is the opposite of clutch, that is what this team is. Wait, there it... choke. Choke artists.

For whatever reason he'd rather throw a pick 10 yards over the middle than a 50/50 ball 30 yards down the field.

Disagree that he won’t stretch the field. He’s certainly not shy about pushing the ball.

Don’t know what he was thinking on either of those picks. He could have ran 4 yards easy on the last one and had another play to convert.

Can't wait for the "defense sucks" brigade to defend this sh!tshow.

The D is right where they've been all season - 30 pts.

Where the fck is the O? Again? Oh yeah, giving the other team the ball on our half of the field.

I honestly don't know what to make of it. If there is the opposite of clutch, that is what this team is. Wait, there it... choke. Choke artists.

The defense does suck. The Minshew would mustached his way to victory is tired too.

Jimmy Lake's nob must be raw from all the slobbing from the booth, but I do love that they're featuring his quote about defending CML. Is Mike not humiliated by this stuff?

Maybe he's a big man and it doesn't get to him (I wish it would).

UW just having fun now. Borghi got his face smashed and there is whooping and hollering from the UW defense.

If Mike isn't humiliated, he should know we are.

No deep pass.
No run game.
No qb run.
No play action.
No multiple formations or shifts.
No extra OL lining up at FB/TE/Wing.
No special plays to prep for.
Nothing thrown left.

Wtf is left??? Jimmy Lake isnt a genius. He just watches film of what Leach doesnt do.

It’s a swing pass offense. Take away the screens. Beat Leach every year. Leach wonders why it happens.

What's interesting is that, following every 7 yard reception, our receivers are diving (instead of turning upfield) without knowing who's there - because they know they won't be on their feet for more than a 1/10th of a second before they get smashed.

Wish we could say that about our D.

Even as UW drops back into prevent and a 0.2% chance of winning (ESPN), we are struggling to move the ball

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT