ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread. Cougs vs. Dogs

Still a great year.
This team was picked to win 4 games max.
10 and 2.
Gaskin killed the Cougs again. Browning was good at staying within his limitations.

Key , as someone mentioned, is the gap is closing. Down by one score at the start of the 4th compared to being down three scores in the 1st quarter and no response.
This team is young and will go to another bowl game next year.

Congrats to the guys on a great season and looking forward to a quality bowl game.

Personally think Leach should have gone for it more on 4th down in this game. Too many punts from around mid-field on 4 th down and somewhat manageable. He should have had zero confidence that the defense would hold the field position even if they started at their own 20.

Personally think Leach should have gone for it more on 4th down in this game. Too many punts from around mid-field on 4 th down and somewhat manageable. He should have had zero confidence that the defense would hold the field position even if they started at their own 20.
Even with our handful of 4th down attempts we netted <250 yards of offense. IN A GAME. IN OUR HOUSE. Huskies had 15 per completion and 6 (!) per rush. We failed in every component of the game except for turnovers and ST.

Even with our handful of 4th down attempts we netted <250 yards of offense. IN A GAME. IN OUR HOUSE. Huskies had 15 per completion and 6 (!) per rush. We failed in every component of the game except for turnovers and ST.

Definitely the weather.

We learned that Minshew is probably not a great QB in the snow with limited visibility. He needs to see the entire field for him to be most effective and that was impossible tonight, when you have to work with tunnel vision.

That and there is no doubt that is probably the worst overall weather he is ever played a game by a factor of X10. I posted on here a month ago , that people should worry a little about when the weather gets really bad in November as you have a QB that has only played in the South leading the offense. I did not even think about seeing a complete white-out like tonight.

We learned that Minshew is probably not a great QB in the snow with limited visibility. He needs to see the entire field for him to be most effective and that was impossible tonight, when you have to work with tunnel vision.

That and there is no doubt that is probably the worst overall weather he is ever played a game by a factor of X10. I posted on here a month ago , that people should worry a little about when the weather gets really bad in November as you have a QB that has only played in the South leading the offense. I did not even think about seeing a complete white-out like tonight.
I actually don’t blame Minshew. Weather meant Receivers couldn’t catch. Couldn’t block. Receivers couldn’t run routes downfield. UW has an elite secondary and had the snow as a 12th man. I blame us for being so inversatile that we stand there with laminated coaching cards, unable to provide direction when the weather isn’t perfect.

I actually don’t blame Minshew. Weather meant Receivers couldn’t catch. Couldn’t block. Receivers couldn’t run routes downfield. UW has an elite secondary and had the snow as a 12th man. I blame us for being so inversatile that we stand there with laminated coaching cards, unable to provide direction when the weather isn’t perfect.

I guess you could add that Leach would probably also not be anyone's choice to coach a team in a white out type. Still think it is visibility . The conditions were not great in the last 2 games and the offense was fine.

I know you don't like the Gaskin excuse, but what offensive skill player had an A game tonight besides him. Browning did some good things, but he also did some god awful things with turnovers as well. Without Gaskin, UW is probably still the better team but that already narrow gap gets really narrow. Actually see this one as different from the prior years where even though Gaskin had great games , UW probably would have romped and stomped even without him. This year they clearly needed him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT