ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread. Cougs vs. Dogs

Weren’t going to be able to kick it
I don't know. 40 yards in the snow. Down 7 with no time, I feel better about letting Mazza at least try to hit a midranger - even in the snow - than going for the high turnover risk play and coming up snake eyes

Man I can’t even imagine what changes to make? What does Leach tell these guys?
Receivers start blocking
Minshew take some chances (not hail mary)
OL get some push on the run
D get some penetration

We're coming on (hopefully) but I see a lot of fixable execution problems

If I'm UW, I just keep ramming Gaskin & Ahmed and dare Cougs to get some penetration. Play action, a little TE. Control TOP.

We are literally averaging 4.4 yards per completion which, insanely, includes YAC. Need to do WAY better than that to have a shot.

What's everybody's watching situation?

I'm with a mix of Cougs who don't watch the Cougs, non-grads who don't care and are talking about anything else, and jack-Huskies who are of course the absolute worst.

Tried to go stream the game alone but invariably the 2-minute delay means I know what happens before I see it, which is not sustainable...

What's everybody's watching situation?

I'm with a mix of Cougs who don't watch the Cougs, non-grads who don't care and are talking about anything else, and jack-Huskies who are of course the absolute worst.

Tried to go stream the game alone but invariably the 2-minute delay means I know what happens before I see it, which is not sustainable...

Home with family and friend....all Wazzu fans.

With the snow. Fuskies still able to execute their entire playbook. Cougs. Not so much

Do your job
Be more excited than the other team
And I can't remember the other one.
The ball needs to come out quicker to the backs by design and the receivers aren't doing everything they can to get open. Keep running the ball on first downs....uw will never believe it's true. They need to operate differently on offense than they did the year before. I agree the hail mary wasn't necessary. Some receivers have to beat their defender or this game isn't going to go well.

Receivers start blocking
Minshew take some chances (not hail mary)
OL get some push on the run
D get some penetration

We're coming on (hopefully) but I see a lot of fixable execution problems

Dillard and Lucas 100% killed a play each by not blocking on a couple plays where UW only rushed 3. Poor snaps by Muaigoa killed a scoring opportunity and multiple other plays. The OL was better later in the 2nd, but the garbage OL play is unacceptable with our offense.

What in the FRESH HELL are we doing? We get at least 3 free points and we cash it in for 0 points on an idiotic Hail Mary? We have come out on top on some of these risks, but net net we're losing on them.

It would have been a 40 yard FG attempt.. Not sure that is freebie chip shot.

Scripted Curse. Can't tell you how much this is true.
You want to look like Oregon State?
Wear the Scripted helmet.
Beavers.
Reeks losing. Personally, I'd fire the equipment manager, or whoever came up with this idea. Fire them.
Yeah, gotta be the helmet. I mean, we always play so much better in the AC with the logo helmets.

Well the weather conditions are horrible. UW will stick to the ground game with the odd deep pass. It's up to the Cougar defense to figure out a way to stop them.
You can't count on the offense to score quickly in these conditions.
The score is 14-7.
It can be done. It will be tough and the Cougs have to be patient both on offense and defense.

Well the weather conditions are horrible. UW will stick to the ground game with the odd deep pass. It's up to the Cougar defense to figure out a way to stop them.
You can't count on the offense to score quickly in these conditions.
The score is 14-7.
It can be done. It will be tough and the Cougs have to be patient both on offense and defense.
Obviously something needs to change in the game plan.

Really hate that the weather seems to have taken away WSU's downfield passing options. That was the most significant thing Minshew brought the table that Falk did not have last year. With these conditions the Huskies get to defend dink and dunk just like they always do and that really is not this offense this year. But oh well , it is what it is, and have to finds some ways to break tackles and get RAC.

Ok, this game is a officially a joke. It’s football on roller skates. Nobody prepares for this kind of circus.

I'm happy for the 2pts and I'll take it. But we just opened the 2nd half with some more systemic problems and are down net +5 points vs where we were. This game will not be won on XPs.

I see people talking about holding etc. It's still early. If it's going uncalled, HOLD BACK.

I can't find any stats on 2 point conversions but I feel like we are TERRIBLE this year, good weather or bad.

When most of your passes are to your backs you are not the air raid. You are the back raid. The uw has essentially removed 4 wrs from the offense and is calling the plays for the WSU offense. Everything is funneled thru 3 players. GM, MB, JW. They have to use the WRs. They have to make the defense defend every option, not just 2 or 3 guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT