ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread. Cougs vs. Dogs

Defense bailed out the Offense there.
Still in this game down one score in the 4th.
Cougars need to be patient.

That’s game with how our offense is playing. Really sucks that weather had to be sh#t in a game of this magnitude... we haven’t been able to play to our strength while UW has the benefit of Gaskin. I’m tired of playing UW late in the season... I know it’s tradition but it’s also generally a tradition of disappointment

CML owns this fail.

Definition of insanity anyone?

Air raid is stymied by snow, CHANGE THE ****ING PLAN.

Last edited:
Cougs are closing the gap, but this Washington is still a really good team. Bet they wish they had some do overs this year. They really are probably better than ND and Michigan.

UW's offense has 4 TDs. We have 1. Rest is turnovers and a 2pt conversion.

What makes me crazy is how susceptible this offense is to weather. We can't be stopped by anybody except for weather, but once that happens we can't get started.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
Gonna have to play desperate and hope your receivers can step up and fight for the ball. Nothing else is working.

Really glad we don't run the ball. Definitely wouldn't have helped in a snow storm.
People will point to 10 wins like it's the best we can do. Baylor had no business doing as well as it did - but it did. I'm stoked to get 10 wins - I'm also completely f---ing humiliated to be on the ropes at the water cooler for Year #6 straight.

People will point to 10 wins like it's the best we can do. Baylor had no business doing as well as it did - but it did. I'm stoked to get 10 wins - I'm also completely f---ing humiliated to be on the ropes at the water cooler for Year #6 straight.

Much more competitive game than the past 6.

I know you can not always say this , but I really think this is more of a toss up game if UW did not have Gaskin . But they do and because of that they are clearly the better team.

ESPN has UW at a 99.1% win probability. Depressing to know that we're all sitting here hoping against hope but the odds are just slim.

Out-coached and out-executed once again. I don't even think it's a talent thing this year.

UW's offense has 4 TDs. We have 1. Rest is turnovers and a 2pt conversion.

What makes me crazy is how susceptible this offense is to weather. We can't be stopped by anybody except for weather, but once that happens we can't get started.

That's why I was checking the forecast everyday all week. Bad weather games have been an absolute thorn in the side for this offense.

Halliday was the only QB in the last 20 some years that I thought could play in poor weather.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
Much more competitive game than the past 6.

I know you can not always say this , but I really think this is more of a toss up game if UW did not have Gaskin . But they do and because of that they are clearly the better team.
Horseshoes and hand grenades. Nobody will remember the IFs, only the WHATs.

Ballgame after the firs.t

Kinda bummed Minshew seemed to meltdown this game. The one we really needed him to show up.

We've had a great season. We've been incredibly successful. I'll savor this season for a long time.

ESPN has UW at a 99.1% win probability. Depressing to know that we're all sitting here hoping against hope but the odds are just slim.

Out-coached and out-executed once again. I don't even think it's a talent thing this year.
What UW does best matches up with our weakest spot on defense. That's why Gaskin keeps gashing us. He's gone next year, and our defensive line will be stronger at the point of attack. I'm ok with the defense today aside from a couple plays. Leach has to come up with something against Lake though. Seriously. Minshew's ability to hang in there stressed their D more than Falk did, but we still can't score on these guys. I don't care if he picks 10 plays to run against what they do and devotes a few minutes of each practice to it, but God damn it, it crushes your spirit as a fan to lose the same way year after year.

We've had a great season. We've been incredibly successful. I'll savor this season for a long time.
I will too. And I'm immensely grateful to have a coach like CML who has taken our rubbish team to borderline greatness.

But it's someone with low self-esteem who could see two paths - one of a two-dimensional spread and the other of a one-dimensional spread - and suggest we can't do better.

I think you're partially right, but I also think we overcome it and then some if it's 65 degrees and clear

I think you see a much better bowl performance by this team in the Bowl game this year. Hope they can still squeak into a NY6. I think will happen if UW beats Utah.

What UW does best matches up with our weakest spot on defense. That's why Gaskin keeps gashing us. He's gone next year, and our defensive line will be stronger at the point of attack. I'm ok with the defense today aside from a couple plays. Leach has to come up with something against Lake though. Seriously. Minshew's ability to hang in there stressed their D more than Falk did, but we still can't score on these guys. I don't care if he picks 10 plays to run against what they do and devotes a few minutes of each practice to it, but God damn it, it crushes your spirit as a fan to lose the same way year after year.
I'm not waiting for Gaskin to graduate to expect a W. They will continue to out-recruit us. The bigger - really, the ONLY, issue - is the weather.

Well, we were outweighed on the DL by about 70-75 pounds, our secondary can’t cover for shit, our linebackers looked like they just learned tackling. Honestly, I don’t know how they had top 25 stats. I’m looking forward to next years’ D with legit size on the DL and all the new DBs and safeties coming in.

I will too. And I'm immensely grateful to have a coach like CML who has taken our rubbish team to borderline greatness.

But it's someone with low self-esteem who could see two paths - one of a two-dimensional spread and the other of a one-dimensional spread - and suggest we can't do better.
Very disappointing to lose....but big picture...what a great run.

Now go Utes!

Reactions: jarvis1981
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT