ADVERTISEMENT

Official game thread. Cougs vs. Falcons

If I’m Air Force, I go for it here. No reason to believe our D can stop them again. No reason to believe their D will stop ours if they fail...in which case a FG doesn’t do them a lot of good anyway.

Reactions: 702coug
I can’t say enough how much I wish triple option would just go away. Boring. Effective yes, but mind numbingly boring to watch. Hate it so much. I feel like it doesn't matter because with less teams running it , it will be around forever. Unfortunately.
It is boring. And if you're AF, you win 10-11 with it and 3 without it. Easy choice.

I can’t say enough how much I wish triple option would just go away. Boring. Effective yes, but mind numbingly boring to watch. Hate it so much. I feel like it doesn't matter because with less teams running it , it will be around forever. Unfortunately.

It's pretty frustrating to see how often that they get away with cut blocks.

It still works imagine Alabama running it if they recruited for it. They
Could win a NC with it

Close play on the goal line but it did look like it was a TD

Cougs get the ball back and need two scores (TD and FG)
Not a lot of time left.

Based on the letter of the rule, that was absolutely targeting. But it was also a solid football play, and the only way to really avoid it was to not attempt to make the play.

Or if Hicks took a better angle on the play and pushed him out a yard sooner.

On the targeting....there have been plenty of times where I've said that a player deserved to be called for targeting........that play was not one of those times. That was a good hit....just a fraction of a second too late.

What was our chance to win against UCLA with 19 minutes left?

Or Oregon state’s chance to beat us with 4 minutes?
This is all based on statistical history. So whatever it's saying it's what has historically happened under those circumstances.

I enjoy watching the option. It's fun to watch. But it's maddening when it's being used against you this effectively, yes

2011 offense: fast, loose, confident, reliable, consistent, fun, overachievers

2012 offense: tense, constipated, arrogant, inconsistent, frustrating, underachievers

What a difference a player makes...

To be fair....that was a damned good Michigan State team. Outside of that.....yeah......we haven't exactly wowed in bowl games.
We lost to a good team, wow, what a feather in our cap. Truly our only impressive win was ISU and the nation doesn't give a good G-D that we beat ISU. They don't even know there is an ISU

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT