ADVERTISEMENT

Official game thread. Cougs vs. Falcons

I didn't go after his family. I suggested that his family get away from him. The guy is an obvious troll and loon. Again, if he doesn't want me to call him a wife beater and child abuser, maybe he should avoid yelling the equivalent of "Come at me Bro!" and "Meet me at the corner gas station, p#ssy!". The dude is pure trash.

And you are lowering yourself to pure trash.

Wow....Simmons was not a C- student. Neither was Hoffman Ellis. Now trying to play him in the middle didn't work out. And Daniels probably was Deone before Deone was Deone. But why quibble over the small stuff.

Watching Chima get caught from behind was really eye opening. He played corner earlier in his career.

Just told me how slow we became. Xavier Hicks was a great centerfielder. He was as instinctive as they come. It wasn't until an OC would formation the Cougs to where Hicks was manned up with someone we were in trouble. Our free safety was running a 4.9 forty.

Hicks was not Coleman, Chima was not Paymah. So the lesson that was cemented in my head was how far we had fallen.

Chima was faster than Horton, Wulff’s prized CB.

Dude, just stop. The quote was something along the lines of "We're recruiting at a level never seen before AT WSU". Everyone knew what he meant...except you, I guess.

I always laugh at Ed's dishonest attempts to twist facts to his false narratives. Until I realize people come to him for home loans.

Reactions: kougkurt
You mean you’re lying.

No I mean I was joking...that is why I added an absurd quantifier as "alternative facts". Sorry that went over your head. Someone as smart as you I would have thought they would catch that.

I always laugh at Ed's dishonest attempts to twist facts to his false narratives. Until I realize people come to him for home loans.

Welcome back teach.....for a guy who started posting a year ago wouldn't know my profession. You can't help yourself.

What fact did I twist? I was joking and diffusing not wanting to bring Wulff talk back from 10 years ago. I thought being the teacher you would have understood there was no such thing as "alternative facts". But clearly people hang on to those losing seasons and somehow fuels them.

But so I am clear, Wulff made that proclamation, they recruited at a level never seen before. Sort of like someone would see fire and fiery, the likes never seen before.

Dude, just stop. The quote was something along the lines of "We're recruiting at a level never seen before AT WSU". Everyone knew what he meant...except you, I guess.
WTF happened to your sense of humor, I mean seriously. I have been on the board for years, have I ever denied he uttered those words? I just tried to keep the thread from spiraling into Wulff talk 2020 and tried to laugh at it. Do you really give a fVck what someone said 10 years ago? Especially a guy who was a dry as can be, that was boring, no media savvy? Wow is all I can say.

So I am clear, Wulff uttered the words "We're recruiting at a level never seen before AT WSU". Unbelievable.

WTF happened to your sense of humor, I mean seriously. I have been on the board for years, have I ever denied he uttered those words? I just tried to keep the thread from spiraling into Wulff talk 2020 and tried to laugh at it. Do you really give a fVck what someone said 10 years ago? Especially a guy who was a dry as can be, that was boring, no media savvy? Wow is all I can say.

So I am clear, Wulff uttered the words "We're recruiting at a level never seen before AT WSU". Unbelievable.

No one thinks you’re funny.

Reactions: etowncoug
Welcome back teach.....for a guy who started posting a year ago wouldn't know my profession. You can't help yourself.

What fact did I twist? I was joking and diffusing not wanting to bring Wulff talk back from 10 years ago. I thought being the teacher you would have understood there was no such thing as "alternative facts". But clearly people hang on to those losing seasons and somehow fuels them.

But so I am clear, Wulff made that proclamation, they recruited at a level never seen before. Sort of like someone would see fire and fiery, the likes never seen before.

Yaki was certainly correct about living in your head rent free.

Perhaps every poster on this site is Yaki.

I think things that are funny are funny.

I think things that are funny are funny.

my bad... a poor attempt to to divert such a heavy subject as what a poor public speaker said 10 years ago. Next time I will keep the train in the track, make sure week talk wulff in 2020

my bad... a poor attempt to to divert such a heavy subject as what a poor public speaker said 10 years ago. Next time I will keep the train in the track, make sure week talk wulff in 2020

Don't act like Wulff isn't one of your favorite topics.

Don't act like Wulff isn't one of your favorite topics.

It isn’t. That is why I never bring him up starting a post. Yeah, I will add in my two cents, but if others didn’t bring it up it would never be discussed on this board. He got fired . He should never been hired . I wish Doba stayed one more year and it would have given a clear indication the level of our program , good or bad. They should have hired someone with deep recruiting connections in wa state and LA. And they should have learned the people who let down the program the most were Cougs. They couldn’t sell the program after three straight winning seasons and they couldn’t figure out how to get along in the mid 2000’s while a coach is losing his wife to cancer .

Not sure I can be more direct than that .

It isn’t. That is why I never bring him up starting a post. Yeah, I will add in my two cents, but if others didn’t bring it up it would never be discussed on this board. He got fired . He should never been hired . I wish Doba stayed one more year and it would have given a clear indication the level of our program , good or bad. They should have hired someone with deep recruiting connections in wa state and LA. And they should have learned the people who let down the program the most were Cougs. They couldn’t sell the program after three straight winning seasons and they couldn’t figure out how to get along in the mid 2000’s while a coach is losing his wife to cancer .

Is this one of your unintentional missteps or an ill-fated attempt at humor?

You never take a Wulff thread off. You love the topic. It's ok.

Case in point, your 150 word response to my one sentence.

You never take a Wulff thread off. You love the topic. It's ok.

Case in point, your 150 word response to my one sentence.

Fab remember when someone called you an idiot and you took offense to it. I take the same offense when YOU tell me what I love and don't love, especially when I tell you my EXACT feelings of the subject.

First, my lack of economy for words doesn't have a reflection on my love, like, or dislike of the subject. Second, Wulff is a NAME to me. It could have been Sumlin if he was hired, put in that job with no D 1 head coaching experience. Or it could have been a Jonathan Smith type asst coach put in the situation in 2008. I would have had the same patience, and the same reaction 10 years later if some fired coach came up. Now if Wulff or someone of his ilk came after 2015 I would have a much different patience level and time-line. (for example, it could take Leach another two years to get this team back to nine to 10 wins .

I don't like to talk politics with my dad and older sister. But when I was visiting with them and Fox news came on, I got up and started to move to another room. Then my dad opened the "dialogue door" and said "why don't you like Trump"? And no, I did not keep my mouth shut at that point. But I did not bring up the subject. So no I don't love to talk about Wulff, but will do so when people bring up his name especially when they have gone out of their way to do so.

Finally, the subjects I "love to talk about". Love the Walden veer even though not nearly as efficient as the Air Raid. I am an unabashed Walden lover, even to the point where I have rose colored glasses and fully admit it.

I don't love talk recruiting, meaning current recruits that either just signed, verbaled, or are waiting to sign. Every coach tends to puff up the class, and it isn't until I see them on campus that I personally can offer any sort of opinion, good or bad.

Fab remember when someone called you an idiot and you took offense to it. I take the same offense when YOU tell me what I love and don't love, especially when I tell you my EXACT feelings of the subject.

First, my lack of economy for words doesn't have a reflection on my love, like, or dislike of the subject. Second, Wulff is a NAME to me. It could have been Sumlin if he was hired, put in that job with no D 1 head coaching experience. Or it could have been a Jonathan Smith type asst coach put in the situation in 2008. I would have had the same patience, and the same reaction 10 years later if some fired coach came up. Now if Wulff or someone of his ilk came after 2015 I would have a much different patience level and time-line. (for example, it could take Leach another two years to get this team back to nine to 10 wins .

I don't like to talk politics with my dad and older sister. But when I was visiting with them and Fox news came on, I got up and started to move to another room. Then my dad opened the "dialogue door" and said "why don't you like Trump"? And no, I did not keep my mouth shut at that point. But I did not bring up the subject. So no I don't love to talk about Wulff, but will do so when people bring up his name especially when they have gone out of their way to do so.

Finally, the subjects I "love to talk about". Love the Walden veer even though not nearly as efficient as the Air Raid. I am an unabashed Walden lover, even to the point where I have rose colored glasses and fully admit it.

I don't love talk recruiting, meaning current recruits that either just signed, verbaled, or are waiting to sign. Every coach tends to puff up the class, and it isn't until I see them on campus that I personally can offer any sort of opinion, good or bad.

And yet the NAME was adorned with the magic eye for talent and compared to Mike Price almost immediately by you. Trolling again.

Reactions: royhobbs2
And yet the NAME was adorned with the magic eye for talent and compared to Mike Price almost immediately by you. Trolling again.

Again, you are slightly incorrect. I was very concerned about his recruiting. There is a poster on this board that can recall a phone call when Wulff was hired. Because this was his family business and had D1 coaches in the fam, I fall out asked him, how is Wulff going to recruit and DOES he know what a Pac 10 athlete look like.

I took it one step farther when I had a similar conversation with a client of mine, who had been an OC at numerous what is now power 5 conferences. He looked at me and said Ed, D2 coaches are better talent evaporators. So I had a wait and see attitude.

When the best player on defense at the end of 2008 was the last player recruited in Feb of 2008, it gave me pause to see what else was on that roster. And yes, he did offer some kids that no one would take a whiff at. And he was right. Look no further than Dahl. There was ONE coach coming out of High School that thought he had D 1 potential.

So yeah, their staff had to scratch around and find the diamond in the rough, and he did a good job at that.

And if Sumlin or Smith recruited players like Dahl, Bucanon, Wilson, Paulo, Cooper, Hoffman Ellis, Forzani, Tuel (never started before he was offered) Halliday, I would say they had Mike Price's eye for talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT