ADVERTISEMENT

Official game thread tWSU vs uu

Hobbs had a good sack, then got soft on a play in the backfield and let a runner go right through his arms-needs to be more aggressive, this defense cant string 3 good plays together-the can get to third and 10 then let down

Really do not agree with all of this pound Borghi stuff. He will not finish the season if Leach pounded the way people want to on this board.

See Bryce Love and Stanford. Same thing would have happened to Borghi if he would have went there. No doubt in my mind.
how many carries does he have 5 ? cmon

Really do not agree with all of this pound Borghi stuff. He will not finish the season if Leach "pounded" him the way people want to on this board.

See Bryce Love and Stanford. Same thing would have happened to Borghi if he would have went there. No doubt in my mind.

I agree.

That really was incredible bad luck on that 4th down. This Huntley kid is a fighter. They popped him pretty hard that whole drive and he just kept coming. That really is his best trait and a tough one for the defense. Used to have a coach whose motto was you need to hit a QB hard enough to make it count for 2 plays. That actually works most of the time, but Huntley can really demoralize a defense with how he bounces back .
Hasn’t he spent most of his career injured for just this reason?

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
Really do not agree with all of this pound Borghi stuff. He will not finish the season if Leach "pounded" him the way people want to on this board.

Im not advocating “pounding him.”

I’d like to see what 18 carries looked like. If your back cant handle 18 carries you have issues.

They are both potential wins. Have to hope we can play well against Colorado to get to 6 wins.
Thankfully those 3 games are at home I believe. All road games are an automatic L with this D, injuries to other teams between now and then not withstanding. Best case scenario we win 2 of those 3 games at home. The offense is gonna gradually crumble with the amount of pressure the bad defense is putting on them. They have to be pretty much perfect the rest of the season.

They have a bell cow back. Run him.

I understand the concept of distributing the ball around 5 guys. I do not believe you can ignore HOW the ball is distributed. I do not believe you can ignore adding a 6th player moving the ball (qb run). I dont believe you can ignore WHERE the ball is distributed. You sure as hell cant ignore the bell cow.

Mike Leach will never win a title until he adds more dimensions to his offense. Never.
Just baby steps. Hand the ball off to Deon...they are not expecting that. Just something out of the ordinary.

12 yard rush allowed to open the bidding in the 2nd half followed by 4 yards and 15 yards

Message not received then

I don’t get that defense on 3rd and 11. Sit back in coverage. Give the receiver free release and inside position.

242 passing yards for Utah at half.

Let that sink in.
by one of the worst passing QBs at this level. The only way these QBs can beat you is when guys run free. If you can't contain UCLA and UTAH's passing attack, you're at the bottom of the D1 barrel on defense.

Borgnine had 6 carries in the first half and 3 receptions, that is hardly overusing him
Difference between Jahad and Peyton...Peyton would of been there for the tackle. Front seven is getting pushed around and the secondary is giving up large passing plays. Is there anyone playing well on defense?

The whole defense is slanting right and they run it up the middle, clays defensive calls with gambling and leverage hurt the defense. Just play it straight up and you won't be so out of position. I suspected it last game and I can see it now. Our d backs play so soft and safety doesn't help out.

Difference between Jahad and Peyton...Peyton would of been there for the tackle. Front seven is getting pushed around and the secondary is giving up large passing plays. Is there anyone playing well on defense?

Better yet, is there anything this defense does well?

Anyone notice...how every time we recover a fumble....we don’t recover a fumble? I’m stil trying to figure out WTF that was last week with DTR fumble that we came away with.

Game is still winnable. Down 11 with most of a half.

Absolutely cannot let Utah keep up this pace though (400+ yards of offense!) and WSU May ha e to score on every drive now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT